Les Van Pelt 30-Nov-18
N-idaho 30-Nov-18
Aces11 30-Nov-18
Aces11 30-Nov-18
N-idaho 30-Nov-18
Coyote 65 30-Nov-18
N-idaho 30-Nov-18
29-Nov-18
Couple buddies and I are planning an elk hunting trip to Idaho next year and plan to hunt the Pan Handle. One of the guys is from there and knows the area. Just wondering what people’s thoughts and opinions are that have hunted there before? I have never even been to Idaho.

29-Nov-18
Steep and thick. Tough to pressure a herd because you can’t begin to keep up with the way the terrain is. However if you find a draw with hot cows it can be nirvana. Be in shape. You will be busting brush.

30-Nov-18
Thanks Bull! Looking at tentative dates. Any suggestions on what would be a better time to go Sept 13-22 or Sept 20-29?

30-Nov-18
I'd pick your earlier dates. Heard bugling the first few days in 4, but that all I got to get out this year. Good luck

30-Nov-18
It’s tough hunting here any more wolves have had their way with our elk herds the elk hunting has been pour for several years now. Hope you have some luck and as stated get in shape brushy and steep

30-Nov-18
Reading as much online as I can, it looks like wolves have done a number on the elk in the panhandle. Any opinions on that?

30-Nov-18
Didn’t see your post before I posted mine. I am not looking for an easy hunt, and like a challenging hunt, but also want a realistic chance at getting an elk. Wondering if we should consider a different area from what I am reading.

30-Nov-18
I can say that in unit one it is bad I had shot a elk for 15 years in a row with my bow I have not got one in 3 years could have shot spikes the last two years. It’s not that there aren’t any just not many

30-Nov-18
Was spring bear hunting and saw elk, in pastures. Guide I was with does not hunt elk there goes further south. I was in unit 4. Ran into signs saying that the area is Griz country.

Terry

30-Nov-18
Yes there are A lot of grizzly bears here never had a problem with them. I have game cameras with three in one pic and my friend has a game camera with 4 in one pic. Friend of mine lost a elk to one 5or 6 years ago.

• Sitka Gear