Mertyman 30-Nov-18
Treeline 30-Nov-18
sfiremedic 01-Dec-18
Ucsdryder 01-Dec-18
Treeline 01-Dec-18
Ambush 01-Dec-18
GregE 02-Dec-18
29-Nov-18
Need some help. A buddy is doing a wild game feed this weekend. Any ideas for elk finger food? I have loin, round, and burger. Someone is already doing jalapeño poppers which is my favorite. I thought about spicy meatballs. Anybody have a go to recipe?

29-Nov-18
Buffalo Chicken fried finger steaks they will go quick

30-Nov-18
You could cut up small cubes and do like steak bits - season up with whatever comes to mind (I like soy sauce, garlic salt and black pepper or creole or sometimes curry) and sear to medium rare in a hot cast iron with minced garlic and olive oil - whip up a brown gravy in the pan with a flour/water roux and season up the gravy to taste.

Another really good one is an elk sausage-fig spread flat-bread pizza. I make up some Italian elk sausage from a mix but straight hamburger could be good if you season it up with some Italian seasoning. Use the Boboli pizza bread and Divina fig spread. Spread the fig spread over the crust and sprinkle cooked sausage and feta cheese over it. I like to put fresh spinach on it as well. Cook in the oven at 400 for like 12 minutes and then cut in small squares. It’s the bomb!

Have fun experimenting!

30-Nov-18
They got room for one more??

Can’t got wrong with steak bites. A little horse radish to dip. Can’t beat it.

30-Nov-18
If you’re gonna fry - try doing an egg batter with coconut. Basically add coconut flakes to the batter.

Cut in strips, soak in soy sauce and sprinkle with garlic salt, marinate overnight, then batter and deep fry up crunchy a couple of hours before. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.

Also works great with pheasant, wild turkey or quail...

Last time I did this one, with turkey and pheasant at a party, it went as fast as I pulled it out of the frying pan! Had to fight people off just to get a bite for myself!

30-Nov-18
You know what? Forget what I mentioned. Treeline has it figured out. That coconut/Thai chili combo is deadly.

30-Nov-18
Holy cow Tavis, you stick your pinky out when you drink your coffee too!? Just kidding that all sounds delish, you’ve sparked some ideas

30-Nov-18
Steak bites with a water chestnut, wrapped in bacon. I make them all the time for guests.

30-Nov-18

elk yinzer's Link
Hank Shaw's potstickers are delicious. Linked.

Make barbacoa, easy to keep warm in a crockpot and lots you can do with it....nachos, tacos, taquitos, quesadillas, empanadas, tamales, tortas...is it apparent I love Mexican food with venison?

All kinds of sliders/meatballs

Chili/queso/taco dip

30-Nov-18
Those pot stickers sound great!

Love me some Mexican food too:-). Try cooking a neck roast in a slow cooker sometime to make barbacoa. Really strips down nice with a fork.

30-Nov-18
You guys are taking it up a notch! I’ll report back with what I come up with.

30-Nov-18
longspeak took my idea....elk rumaki! Marinate the meat in soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and olive oil. Toothpicks soaked in water for a half hour or longer to hold it together and makes a nice handle. Grill over charcoal or in the oven under the broiler.

30-Nov-18
Kabobs

30-Nov-18
I always grill mine Nick - they're usually the first thing gone at our party's! You can also use a small piece of asparagus instead of the water chestnut and I've also used morel's too.

30-Nov-18

JohnMC's Link
Here is the elk meatball recipe I used several times.

30-Nov-18
I like Italian style meatballs a lot - bake ‘em, put ‘em in the crockpot with marinara, and make sliders on deli rolls.

30-Nov-18
Deep fried, flour coated, elk tenderloin pieces are good too

30-Nov-18

Surfbow's Link
Teriyaki meatballs, my kids demolish these...

30-Nov-18
Damn, now I'm hungry... all great ideas.

30-Nov-18
Jalapeño cut in half, cream cheeese piece of steak and wrapped in bacon then seasoned with garlic salt BBQ our smoker is great.

30-Nov-18
Super easy and always first to go: cut into bite size, season to taste, wrap in bacon (held together with toothpicks), and grill ... they are also great cold the next morning - if you have any left.

30-Nov-18
To bad you do not have the kidneys. They make great finger foods .

30-Nov-18
Combination of a couple of already listed; seasoned steak bites, water chestnut slice on one side, jalapeno slice (the ones from the jar, not a fresh jalepeno) on the other, spreadable cream cheese on a piece of bacon. Wrap cheesed bacon around all, hold in place with toothpick, and grill until bacon is done.

30-Nov-18
Take chunk of loin and a meat hammer/tenderizer and pound until flat. Season with Cavenders Greek seasoning. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese and add banana peppers on top. (know your audience as to use mild or spicy peppers). Roll into a roll. Wrap in bacon (I saw someone on here years ago that would do a bacon weave around the whole thing, but I don't have the patience; I just secure the bacon rolls with toothpicks) and grill until bacon is done. After cooking, cut into finger size bites.

30-Nov-18
With burger, you can do stuffed bell peppers. Just buy the little mini ones that come in a bag; red, yellow and orange. A quick Google search will find you a recipe as to how much rice, tomato sauce, etc. for the burger mixture. What we do is to add in some Frank's Red Hot Sauce in with the mixture, as well as to the cheese on top just to give it a little zing without getting too hot. They were the first things to go at the last game feed I took them to!

30-Nov-18
That roll is a good one!

I end up with some big tenderized steaks that I label as such to do the roll thing as well.

Feta and spinach is really good as well. Sometimes with the bacon and sometimes without.

30-Nov-18
UCS should take pictures of his spread and let us know how it turned out!

30-Nov-18
Treeline, I guess I should've said either blue cheese OR feta crumbles. Both are good, I just prefer blue cheese myself. Feta is the safer choice as it isn't quite as strong as blue cheese. Again, just need to know your audience.

30-Nov-18
Oh, another thought just hit me!

You probably didn’t make it, but elk pastrami sliced thin is spectacular!

There have been some threads on here about how to make it. Talk about amazing!

That one is only for VIP kind of guests though...

I may need to run out and gather up another cow elk and make another batch:-)

01-Dec-18
Steak fingers with salsa...

01-Dec-18
I ended up doing elk poppers with jalapeños and cream cheese wrapped in bacon and quick fried elk nuggets that melted in your mouth. Both were huge hits! Thanks guys!

01-Dec-18
Nice!

01-Dec-18
Chislette! Nothing easier, but has to be served hot out of the oil and eaten quickly.

3/4" cubes, deep fried in smoking hot oil for no more than fifty seconds. Dump onto a paper towel and shake on garlic salt.

02-Dec-18
Wow, I'm going to save this thread

G

• Sitka Gear