chasintheslam 30-Nov-18
JJones 01-Dec-18
ELKMAN 01-Dec-18
JJones 01-Dec-18
JW 02-Dec-18
Pope125 02-Dec-18
longspeak74 03-Dec-18
30-Nov-18
Looking for some input from everyone. I am in the market for a new bow this year and looking at both the Hoyt Hyperforce and the Prime Centergy. Currently shooting a Prime but have shot Hoyt in the past. Any thoughts from those who are familiar with these bows?

30-Nov-18
I doubt you’ll get many opinions on this topic on Bowsite. One or two if you’re lucky.

30-Nov-18
Thanks Ambush. I normally value the opinions of the Bowsite guys over what I read on AT, so thought I'd take a chance...

30-Nov-18
Whatever bow you buy, I would seriously consider only ones that have static yokes (for ease of BH tuning).

Best of luck with your search.

30-Nov-18
I have been well pleased with my Elite Ritual. The bow provides all the qualities I look for in a bow which adds up to results.

30-Nov-18
I shoot the Prime ION, while Millie's shooting the Centergy - my opinion is that both are exceptional bows; easy to tune and deadly accurate. I'm thinking of upgrading the ION but won't commit until I see what gets released after ATA. I've shot Hoyt, Mathews before when I was 'bow shopping' in past years and none really felt as good as the Prime.

You've got a tough decision to make.

30-Nov-18
I love my centergy hybrid. It holds on target better than any bow I’ve owned. Tuning has been easy. It’s a little on the heavy side and isn’t the quietest thing ever, but after shooting all the bows last year that’s where I ended up and it’s by far my favorite bow yet.

30-Nov-18
Both good bows just go shoot both of them and you'll know which one feels the best.

30-Nov-18
"Thanks Ambush. I normally value the opinions of the Bowsite guys over what I read on AT, so thought I'd take a chance"

longspeak. You'll get plenty on opinions on here. Ambushes comment was dripping with sarcasm.

As for your question. Like some others said, shoot em both and pick what feels good. I haven't shot a prime in a few years. Shooting an elite at the moment.

30-Nov-18
The Prime CT5 is on my shortlist of new bows for 2019. going to cycle through a bunch in January and pull the trigger. Really liking the Prime for next year!

30-Nov-18
I upgraded the cams on my Prime, but didn't get the results I had hoped for. I have heard great things about the new Logic's, but can't stomach dropping that much scratch

30-Nov-18
I shot Hoyt for 25 years. Switched to Prime 5 years ago. Usually buy a bow about every 7 years or so.

Not going to wait 7 years. I shot the Prime Logic CT 5 this week. Wow. Very balanced bow. I went to the shop with the intentions of shooting the Bowtech RealmX..... never got to it.

I’m sure I’ll go back and try the Bowtech, but can’t wait to shoot that Prime again.

Slightly surprised that Prime doesn’t get more buzz from Bowsiters. I sort of get it. 5 years ago I gave up my Hoyt for a bow I’d never heard about, that’s a little scary. But these Prime bows are top notch shooters.

30-Nov-18
I did the same thing Bill; switched to Prime after shooting a Hoyt for years. Just tossing the idea around of something different for 2019. Both the Centergy and Hyperforce would be a upgrade to what I am shooting now.

30-Nov-18
longspeak74, have you shot either bow yet?

30-Nov-18
That is my next step, but wanted to get some feedback beforehand. I wanted to stick with these two companies since I have owned both and was happy with both.

30-Nov-18
i have owned both bows, both shot good and killed animals, that being said I enjoyed the draw cycle more on the centergy after having more time with the hyperforce. the valley in both were very good, the sound at shot with centergy im not a fan of at all its a very distinct sound. I recently shot the new Mathews traverse and ordered one to ME it was better then any bow I have owned over the years and more than likely will keep for a few years

01-Dec-18
I shot the new Hoyt RX-3 ultra yesterday and was very impressed. I’ve always been afraid of a shorter brace height bow. I shoot 28.5” draw length at 65#. So I feel the regular RX-3 would be a better fit for me. Would I see a difference in forgiveness between the two with the 3/4” brace height difference? Or is it all in my head?

01-Dec-18
It's in your head. OP: Be sure you shoot the Realm series before you make a decision.

01-Dec-18
I will be sure to do that! Thanks. Any other input would be greatly appreciated

02-Dec-18
Take a look at the Prime CT series. I shot a CT-5 over the other day and it was fantastic. Also take a look at the PSE Evoke series as well. I’ve shot Hoyt’s for the last 20 years and their new bows don’t come close to the new Bowtechs, Primes or PSE Evolve series bows. Give em a look.

02-Dec-18
I think you ask 50 guys about there opinions on bows you'll get 47 different answers . Think your best bet you go to the bow shop you pull 5 bows off the rack , never look and the names , and pick on. Think so many pick a bow cause what this guy shoots or that guy instead of picking a bow that fits you .

03-Dec-18
...and Prime for the win.

• Sitka Gear