fran 02-Dec-18
spike78 02-Dec-18
fran 02-Dec-18
marktm250 02-Dec-18
Genesis 03-Dec-18
smarba 04-Dec-18
deerslayer 07-Dec-18
30-Nov-18
I need some advice.. I am going on an Axis deer hunt in a few weeks.. I know they are bigger than east coast whitetails that I am currently hunting.. I am thinking about going with the Vipertrick for this hunt.. I have killed a few whitetails with the Slick Trick Magnum and a bear.. Should I have any reservations about using the ViperTrick on this hunt? I also a, a big fan of the Spitfire Mechanical.. But man these Viper Tricks are super sharp.. Any advice is appreciated.. Or input from anyone who has hunted Axis deer with the bow..

30-Nov-18
Vipertricks are solid choice. I killed an elk and bear with them, and I would modify them and with griztrick bleeders and use them for deer. I think they are called wicked tricks now. Any way the viper trick is fine choice, and honestly I think the slick tricks best designed head. I wouldn't give it second thought using them on axis deer. good luck

30-Nov-18
Wife and I have used slick tricks for years. Have gone to vipertricks exclusively for last few years. Have performed well on animals from moose down to whitetails. She has shot two-day bull elk at 50 lbs and gotten full penetration. I doubt we will ever use anything else.

30-Nov-18
Went to Alaska this year with the vipertricks to caribou hunt and had great success with them, overall I believe in having more confidence in my shooting ability than a broad head because when it comes down to it cases can be made for any Broadhead on the market both good and bad, but just about anything out there put in the right spot means dinner on the table.

30-Nov-18
I also killed a caribou elk and antelope with the vipertrick and a good choice

30-Nov-18
Agree with all the above, one outstanding head! Some of the quickest kills I’ve ever seen.

30-Nov-18
Vipertrick will get the job done for you!

30-Nov-18
I’ve killed well over 100 Whitetails with Spitfires without a single failure and I always have at least 1 in my quiver but this year I’ve been using Vipertricks the most. They fly with my FP’s out to 100 yards and they are super tough. 4 of my deer this year we’re killed with them. All pass throughs, including a 62 yard quartering away shot on a small doe and close shot on a big doe that went through (cut a huge chunk totally out) her spine, both lungs and buried into an oak root under the dirt. I’m very pleased with them.

30-Nov-18

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
Used 125 Magnum since Slick Trick was invented. Couple years ago switched to Viper to be more like cut on contact. Super tough head, fly accurate, love them. Killed 300lb boar black bear this year with one. It shattered offside humerous (upper leg bone - super big bone) and looked like new except slight damage to portions of blade edge (blades still straight & true). Highly recommend.

30-Nov-18
I am a fan of viper tricks for fixed blades, I think they are generally the best replaceable blade heads out there. But I certainly don’t see any reason not to use the Spitfires. I wouldn’t consider an Axis deer a particularly tough animal, their coat and skin is generally kinda thin in my experience. Don’t over think, shoot what you are comfortable with, hot where you aim and everything will be fine.

—jim

30-Nov-18
Vipertricks do just fine on elk. Pretty sure they can handle an Axis. ;-)

30-Nov-18
Axis deer are a not a very tough skinned, big boned animal. I have lots of friends that shoot big mechanicals for them for easier recovery on mediocre shots. They jump strain pretty fast! I use viper trick for everything including axis deer, which i hunt a couple times a year. They work great for everything!

30-Nov-18
Either/or. Shoot away!

30-Nov-18
Whatever broadhead you feel comfortable with. I have killed axis deer with both fixed and mechanical heads, just put the arrow where it needs to be and you’ll be fine.

30-Nov-18
Listen to Brian. He has killed one deer so he must be an expert.

30-Nov-18
Muzzy aluminum ferrule. Slick trick steel. You decide.

30-Nov-18
All the tricks would work on an axis. Arrow weight should be considered before which trick to use. Hope to hear the results.

30-Nov-18
Awesome head.

30-Nov-18
Whatever broadhead you feel comfortable with. I have killed axis deer with both fixed and mechanical heads, just put the arrow where it needs to be and you’ll be fine.

30-Nov-18
I switched from mechanical to viper tricks this year. I shot 3 deer including 2 good bucks. All three were down within 60 yds.

02-Dec-18
I shoot Viper Tricks and have great luck with them. Killed a few whitetail, elk, and a caribou. That being said anything that works on a whitetail will work on an Axis. Axis are very spooky animals, good luck!

02-Dec-18
I had great success with viper tricks but was intrigued by the wicked tricks and gave them a try. I have to tell you I have never seen a bigger entry and exit wound than they inflict. I shot 3-deer this year with them with devastating results. One was a nice 10-point that I liver shot at 25yds . He kicked and ran 40 yds stood there and tipped over.

02-Dec-18
How do the Wicked Tricks fly with the bigger blades?

02-Dec-18
They group slightly different than my field points shot from my Triax but that's not a big deal to me I zero in for broadheads for hunting season. What I like about them is they have a SS ferrule and are a cut on contact head.

02-Dec-18
I have always shot the 100g standards for a long time now and never thought about switching. Do the Vipers have an advantage. Kinda hard to tell from the website which has greater cutting diameter.

03-Dec-18
Been shooting the ST magnum since they came out see no need to switch to any other variation of ST

04-Dec-18
Genesis: me too...until I tried a Viper and like it even better LOL

07-Dec-18
I know elk don't like em!

• Sitka Gear