stagetek 01-Dec-18
Ron Niziolek 01-Dec-18
t-roy 01-Dec-18
arky 01-Dec-18
Steve H. 01-Dec-18
Ziek 01-Dec-18
TEmbry 01-Dec-18
30-Nov-18
Looks like a major quake (7.0?) hit Anchorage to Wasilla area today. Quite a bit of damage. Anybody hearing anything first hand?

30-Nov-18
Pretty bad... will take some time to fix this one.

30-Nov-18
Have a friend in Soldatna. He’s a trucker and said the hiway closed behind him on his way home from Anchorage. Said they were afraid their moose antler chandelier was gonna come crashing down in the dining room. It broke up 8 inches of ice on the lake they live on.

30-Nov-18
Damn...That’s too bad. Hoping for the best.

30-Nov-18
Might be heading up in the next few days to assess damage on a few properties. Have never been to Alaska, but heard it’s nice this time of year.

Glad to hear, as of now, there were no casualties.

01-Dec-18
Pretty bad in Anchorage, still plenty of aftershocks

01-Dec-18
I was on Elmendorf AFb on the second floor of a C17 hangar when it happened. Pretty freaky. Matter of fact we just had a good after shock at my house in Wasilla. This won’t stop

01-Dec-18
I have some friends that live a bit north of Anchorage. Their home was heavily damaged, and the aftershocks just keep coming. Thankfully, they're alright.

01-Dec-18
My son's house was damaged in Anchorage. Spoke with him on his way home from work, he said it had been a hell of a day!

01-Dec-18
Some of the picks are unbelievable! Hope everyone stays safe!

01-Dec-18
If anyone on bowsite is in the area and needs help with anything I have a truck so don’t hesitate to reach out. Luckily we did not have much damage in the house.

01-Dec-18
I'm about 65 miles south on the Kenai Peninsula and it rocked & rolled us! No damage that I've observed where I'm at, just a few things nocked off shelves. The largest EQ I've been in the past I've felt a maximum of one aftershock, this time a half dozen or so.

01-Dec-18
Glad to hear it's not as bad as it might have been. Stay safe guys.

01-Dec-18
I got lucky, my townhouse in Anchorage had no structural damage. Had several mounts fall but nothing broke. Just broken dishes and picture frames.

• Sitka Gear