Lee 18-Mar-19
Stoneman 18-Mar-19
Wv hillbilly 19-Mar-19
01-Dec-18

Wv hillbilly 's embedded Photo
The gun hunters will be done with the woods tomorrow evening. I’m gonna get back after some yotes. I ran a few snares and traps on two properties for a couple weeks before gun season started here in Ohio and got a few critters. I was lucky enough to bow hunt in three different states this year. Since the freezer is full it’s time to put it on the yotes again. I’ll start putting out some new sets Monday after work. I’ll try to update each day but we’ll see how it goes. Feel free to add any pics of critters your getting also. I hope there’s a few people doing some predator control around. Here’s a few pics of some yotes from this year. Got 10 in the shed so far.

01-Dec-18

01-Dec-18

01-Dec-18

Mud ball. Second one in this trap
Mud ball. Second one in this trap

01-Dec-18

01-Dec-18

Double. Shot the closet one and before I could shoot the second it pulled the anchor and took off.
Double. Shot the closet one and before I could shoot the second it pulled the anchor and took off.

01-Dec-18

I’ve had three chew outs and two pull the anchors so far. This one came back for more. It had a chewed off snare on it.
I’ve had three chew outs and two pull the anchors so far. This one came back for more. It had a chewed off snare on it.

01-Dec-18
Nice work so far look forward to following along.

01-Dec-18
Thanks tmac I’ll try to keep it interesting. I think Wisconsin teacher is gonna help out also. Today is opening day for cables up there. I’m sure he’s out slamming in some sets.

01-Dec-18
Nicely done....that light red is a really interesting looking yote.

01-Dec-18

Different colors so far
Different colors so far
Thanks Franklin, I get a few cherry colored ones each year

01-Dec-18
Good looking dogs. Nice work.

01-Dec-18
That's a great start. Wish we could use leg hold traps.

01-Dec-18
Wv Hillbilly was correct, I was out scouting and adding sets this morning. I picked up 2 new places this year. I scouted one and set 13 cables on it today. A lot of good sign. I also set a CRP field that I have trapped the past two years. I got 9 sets in there. I could have added more, but the forecast is calling for snow, and I want to see what is out there after we get snow.

This is my 3rd year using cable restrains for coyotes. It is a good time and a great way to get out in the woods. If I catch 1/2 as many as Wv Hillbilly, I will be happy.

01-Dec-18
WvHillbilly, I finally got to catching them late January last winter. Early January ,they kicked my behind . I refer to coyote caught with snares as, "" the ring around the neck syndrome "" . Enjoy your thread . Keep on posting !!

03-Dec-18
Sooo close this morning. Had a coyote walk up to a cable and stop a yard from it and then turned around and walked away. The tracks in the snow don't lie. All you can do is smile and keep plugging away.

03-Dec-18

I try not to brush them in much on open trails.
I try not to brush them in much on open trails.
I didn’t get in from work till late today. Only had about 45 minutes of light. I was able to get in 8 snares on a property I’ve trapped for a couple years. Was only able to set one fence row of it and just set good spots that have produced in past years. I did set one coon snare on a good path. I’ll keep adding more as time allows. I left there and used a headlamp to put snares back up in a spot I had set before gun season opened. Should have some yotes by the end of the week. It’s been over 7 days since I shot one. I’m starting to get the shakes and foam at the mouth.

03-Dec-18

Coon snare
Coon snare

03-Dec-18
What are fur prices looking like this year?

03-Dec-18
T roy.from what I’ve been reading yotes will be anywhere from 10$-100 depending on where you are. The very best xxl coon from northern states might hit 20$ but the majority won’t average over 5-8$. Rats should be around 3$ or so. The best mink might hit 12-15$ and you might get 15$ out of a great beaver.

Not great prices but I’d rather take a few out of the population than see starvation or disease kill them. Several years ago we had distemper hit the coon hard around here. It was terrible seeing so many of them staggering around dying.

03-Dec-18
Love it that y’all are getting out and running trap lines! Great fun and keeps those woodsmanship skills alive.

Unfortunately, Colorado has gone liberal and outlawed trapping, cut out our spring bear, still leaves the gates wide open for everyone and their dogs for elk, and will probably bring wolves back soon to destroy what’s left.

03-Dec-18
Nice job Wv.

04-Dec-18
Thanks fellas. Tree line I think we discussed it last year and your right. Won’t be long and Colorado will have wiped out their elk heard and no one will be left to fight for hunting rights there. Predators have to be controlled. Period. Once the antis start seeing them show up in their neighborhoods eating their pets it’ll be to late.

Caught one coon today. Was able to put out about 20 more snares. I still need another 20 on that property. Once it’s set completely I’ll move to another and start setting it up. Hopefully have three good places set by the weekend.

04-Dec-18

samman's Link
They already are eating pets in Colorado. The link is from an article back in January. Our wonderful hunting dollars are going to the CPW to prevent coyotes from killing pets. Gotta love the liberals & their inability to understand that the trapping ban is the major contributor to excess coyotes, not just the building of more houses.

04-Dec-18
Nice work! Brings back so many memories...love it!

05-Dec-18
Congrats nice yotes I'm putting steel in the ground tomorrow. I enjoy trying to fool the coyotes and cats as much as I do bowhunting anymore

05-Dec-18
Trapping and bowhunting have a lot in common. Trapping requires a lot of attention to detail. You've got to the read the sign and being close isn't good enough - you've got to know exactly where that animal travels in order to successfully snare one. Then when it comes time to set the snare scent control becomes critical. I've truly enjoyed it. I guess we're lucky because in VA we can trap coyotes any time of the year.

05-Dec-18

wisconsinteacher's embedded Photo
I’m on the board!! Nice female this morning.

05-Dec-18
Thanks fellas. Let’s see some pics. Good job Matt! Nothing for me today. Got another half dozen snares out this evening. I’ll have something tomorrow hopefully.

07-Dec-18

I was able to get a double this morning. 2 degrees when I left the house. Beautiful morning though.

07-Dec-18
Nice!

07-Dec-18

Gonna try my hand at some smaller critters this evening. The dog is some kind of upset bout a mouse in the shed.
Gonna try my hand at some smaller critters this evening. The dog is some kind of upset bout a mouse in the shed.
Can’t remember the last time I went 4 days without a catch. Only got a possum today. The kids will be happy it’s their favorite. I’ve got around 40 or so snares out now. Just need a little more patience.

08-Dec-18
Those are awesome pics! Love that red colored one!

08-Dec-18
You need to level out your pan on your mousetrap WV....and your bait is spread to wide...lol

08-Dec-18

Franklin your right those victors need some adjusting. I had it bedded solid and ended up with a catch. The dogs happy now.

08-Dec-18

First time I can remember going 5 days without a catch. Had a deer at the first spot I checked. After a white knuckle rodeo ride I got her cut free and she took off. About 500 yards from the truck had a tie rod break on the wheeler. Luckily I wasn’t going very fast and didn’t wreck. I’ve got a masters degree in hillbilly engineering so I was able to get it wired back together and limp through the rest of the places I had to check. I was planning on setting up two more properties but had to play mechanic. Several beers some blood and a lot of cussing I got a new one on it. Hopefully tomorrow turns out better.

08-Dec-18

Tennjed9's embedded Photo
Tennjed9's embedded Photo
Nice job hillbilly! I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy trapping coyotes too.

10-Dec-18

Had a volunteer for the shed today
Had a volunteer for the shed today
Tennjed9 if you can get one to step on a trap pan your doing something right. Keep after em!

11-Dec-18

#4 today. Classic set up for this one. Between a cut corn field and hay field is a 10 yards grass water way. I drove my atv across it and set a cable over each tire track. 2 days later I got one.

11-Dec-18

Fourth one I’ve caught on this trail. I just keep brushing it back in
Fourth one I’ve caught on this trail. I just keep brushing it back in
Got another cherry colored one today

11-Dec-18
Dang, didn't realize those cherry colored ones were so common… Curious are those cherry pelts worth more or less that the grays?

11-Dec-18

powder's embedded Photo
powder's embedded Photo

12-Dec-18
Looks like a good one powder. Zbone from what I’ve been told the cherry ones are graded lower then the grays and not worth as much. Guess it’s harder to dye them.

12-Dec-18
Very cool!

12-Dec-18
Thanks Wv hillbilly...

12-Dec-18

Second one on this trail. Small female. Brushed it back in and put another snare on it.
Second one on this trail. Small female. Brushed it back in and put another snare on it.
On more today and a coon

12-Dec-18

Here’s a good one
Here’s a good one

12-Dec-18
Wv, Had one of those on my wife's car. She would get notes left under her wipers saying what a bad person she was, one said that Kids kill,maim and injure innocent wildlife. We live in CT. Enough said.. P.S. I need another sticker.

12-Dec-18
Dang bigern. I’ve never got anything but good comments. It’s crazy people want to argue with the truth. Send me your address in a pm and I’ll mail ya a new one

12-Dec-18
Will do,awesome & thanks.

12-Dec-18
Awesome thread!

12-Dec-18
Wv hillbilly what can I do to get you to send me one also..Please?

12-Dec-18
Dirtclod az. Send me your address in a pm. I’ll get it to ya. I’ve got a couple left

Thanks dan Wesson 357

13-Dec-18
Picked up #5 last night. Sorry no pictures. We got a dusting of snow yesterday and this morning I had 5 sets of tracks on 3 different places. My partner had a bear knock down 3 of his sets this morning. Crazy to see bear tracks this time of year.

13-Dec-18
Wv hillbilly,PM sent.Not sure if I used correct channeling? DC.Az.

13-Dec-18
Dan Wesson Bumper sticker?Sorry can't seem to PM you, Will You PM me please.Tanks DC in Az.

14-Dec-18
One coon yesterday and one coon today. No yotes. Hopefully Tomorrow.

14-Dec-18
Hillbilly have a coon hanging around the property.I have tried sardines ,Tuna Fish and catfood as bait.No Go.Any Ideas on bait?I'm using live traps.

14-Dec-18
Try some marshmallows or some peanut butter on some bread. Might need to lay something on the sides of the box to make it look more like a tunnel. Leave a few pieces at the entrance so it gets a taste. Hope this helps

14-Dec-18
Thanks,Used peanut butter on mice,never thought about coons.Plenty of peanut butter in pantry.I'll get back to you!

14-Dec-18
Dirtclod Smear the peanut butter right on the trip plate ....they can’t resist it couple drops of vanilla for some added scent

14-Dec-18
Sounds good T Mac, sun is setting.Time to hunt coons.

14-Dec-18
Coons can be had with marshmallows, cake frosting and pancake syrup....anything sweet.

15-Dec-18
First night.Peanut butter directly on trip plate(nothin')Tonight tuna and liquid smoke. Here coon, coon ,coon....

15-Dec-18
Need some advice...Rum for Eggnog? Good stuff or generic/maybe slight taste afterwords?dirtclod Az.

15-Dec-18
Can’t go wrong with captain Morgan spiced rum. Add one shot of eggnog per half a glass of rum.

No yotes today

15-Dec-18
Dirtclod....add a few drops of Hawbaker’s Widow Maker 800 to your eggnog. That will get rid of the aftertaste. Not too much, though. It’s kind of spicy ;-)

15-Dec-18
t-roy sounds good.Spiced rum gives me heartburn.11 days from h3ll! Inlaws invading!3weeks Tequila,,, HELLP!!!

16-Dec-18
Dirtclod.....I’m thinking if you add the widowmaker 800 to pretty much anything food OR drink wise will shorten the stay of the in-laws. Good luck!

16-Dec-18
Brother flies in tonight..Widowmaker on him! Thanks Guys!

16-Dec-18
One shot of eggnog per half a glass of rum!Man after my own heart... hillbilly is "The Man"

16-Dec-18

Ha. I don’t like to waste eggnog. Nothing today. We got one inch of rain yesterday so it was a mess getting around. I did get a pic of a couple beavers sitting on top of their hut. Day after Christmas season opens and the farmer wants them evicted.

17-Dec-18

Well this is pretty boring without some catches. I’m gonna set up some new properties this week as time allows. They should start running soon looking for love.

18-Dec-18
Great morning here after 6 days of nothing. Picked up a double on the corner of a field and a single on a frozen creek.

18-Dec-18

First one off this property this year. Set was on a trail I get them on every year
First one off this property this year. Set was on a trail I get them on every year
Got one today. Good job Matt!

18-Dec-18

I actually got 4 today!!

18-Dec-18
Thanks for the bumper sticker Hillbilly>>Henry comin'2 U.Also have RMEF if you want,dirtclod Az.

18-Dec-18

svrelk's embedded Photo
Hard chargers are the best, especially when they fall within feet...
svrelk's embedded Photo
Hard chargers are the best, especially when they fall within feet...
Did a little calling last weekend...

19-Dec-18
Nice shooting Svrelk. I would like to try calling sometime.

I got 2 more this morning. One was a nice big male. I will post a picture later.

19-Dec-18

The 2 from this morning.

19-Dec-18
Wisconsin your killin it nice work guys!

19-Dec-18
David, Thanks for the ( Kids who hunt) too. I may need to set some cameras to catch those who are offended and educate them.

19-Dec-18

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
A good day... Seen 11, called 9 of them into bow range, shot at 2 and killed 1. That's a good example of bowhunting coyotes for me. Called in a bobcat too... no tag. Ed F

20-Dec-18

Got another one. 2 more checks until I stop for a week of Christmas and fishing.

20-Dec-18

Bowuntr. That’s awesome takes some real patience to draw on one without being seen. Good job Wisconsin. Your stacking them up. I got two coon and one yote today. Yote was in the same trap I’ve caught two others out of this year.

20-Dec-18
Nice job on the coyotes guys.

20-Dec-18

Thanks missouribreaks.

21-Dec-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And I also love these guys!
BB's embedded Photo
And I also love these guys!
I usually shoot quite a few each year, but just with my camera. I shot quite a few with my bow through the years, but then got my daughter a dog and fell in love with it, and ever since, can't kill a dog like creature. So I just take their photo and let then do their thing.

Merry Christmas to all. BB

21-Dec-18

#13 today!! Sorry about the poor quality photo. I need to work on my photo taking skills with my camera.lol

21-Dec-18

Awesome pics bb. Merry Christmas to you as well.

I got three today and a coon. One was a mud ball and it took 15 minutes in a creek to wash it off.

21-Dec-18

21-Dec-18
Great work WV even though you needed a snorkel to check your gear!!

21-Dec-18
What is your thoughts on using 1.65 Bridger coil springs for coyotes? Thanks

21-Dec-18
I know a old timer that uses modified 1.5 CS for yotes. Not saying that`s the proper medicine but he gets it done. I`m sure there is a whole series of additional info needed...chain length...swivels...staking etc to get it to work.

21-Dec-18

Here’s a pic of the one trapped yesterday with a sleepy creek 1-3/4. Easy to see no paw damage.
Here’s a pic of the one trapped yesterday with a sleepy creek 1-3/4. Easy to see no paw damage.
Thanks WI. The rain just won’t stop. It started again a few minutes ago. That mud ball today was the worst I’ve ever had.

Grape that trap will work. Most guys use number 2 or 3 of whatever brand. If that’s what you’ve got give them a try. All states have different jaw size requirements. I’ve caught several in 1-1/2 dukes. Just move it back a little more so the pan is 11-13” away from your dirt hole or flat set. I’ve had a lot better luck with flat sets than dirt holes. I got a dozen 1-3/4 sleepy creek with laminated jaws last year and really like how they hold up. Good traps and made in good ol WV.

21-Dec-18
Thanks WV...One more question..Would you stake it or use a drag with that trap?

21-Dec-18
Either way will work. Just make sure you’ve got enough stake for the ground your setting in. Also whatever drag you use make sure it’s big enough and there’s something close for it to get caught on. It might help to add a mid chain swivel. I think the Bridgers come stock with one at the trap and one at the end of the chain. Good luck Post some pics of your catch.

21-Dec-18
Thanks....got either Berkshire stakes or good drags. I was curious if it made a difference with that size traps ( 1.65) I’ve caught Yotes with mb650 and #3 Bridgesr......haven't trapped much lately for many reasons. Your thread has got me going again. I made a couple sets today. Two fisher...two coyotes....used box sets for fisher...dirt hole and flat set for coyotes....I have some 1.65 Bridget’s all set to go. That is why I asked the questions. Lost my trapping buddie. Yourvthread got me going again...thanks

21-Dec-18
I think you’ll be fine with them. Lost my best friend and trapping partner this year. That’s why you don’t see Greg posting on the thread this year. I’m glad the thread got ya fired up. Everyone needs to do their part on predator control. Good luck.

21-Dec-18
Greg is my name too....wow...anyway thanks again!!

22-Dec-18
Nice going guys, looks like you are doing well. Some snow wouldn't hurt for you WV.

24-Dec-18

My youngest daughter like to run the line with me when it’s not to cold out. She had a good time this morning.
My youngest daughter like to run the line with me when it’s not to cold out. She had a good time this morning.
Only one possum in a coon set today. Merry Christmas Everyone.

24-Dec-18

spike buck's embedded Photo
Here's WVHillbillies buddy Greg!!! Have a great season Dave
spike buck's embedded Photo
Here's WVHillbillies buddy Greg!!! Have a great season Dave

24-Dec-18

Salagi's embedded Photo
Salagi's embedded Photo
Finally got to set a few traps and a couple of snares yesterday. Thanks to driving a bus and teaching, my trapping is pretty much limited to Christmas break. Anyway, this young lady wandered into a snare last night. A song dog a day would be great. Had a possum in a #2 coilspring as well. He was asleep but I woke him up and turned him loose since I didn't feel like messing with him.

24-Dec-18
Thanks Chris. We sure do miss the big fella. Just finished having Christmas dinner with his wife and family. Nice to see your having some luck this year salagi.

29-Dec-18

It’s been a while but finally got something to skin today. Had a red fox in a yote snare. Set out half dozen beaver traps as well.

29-Dec-18

Predeter's embedded Photo
Predeter's embedded Photo
First one I've called and killed with a bow,usually tuff enough with the rifle. Awesome morning!

30-Dec-18
I wish guys would just kill them instead of screwing with them while they are stuck in a trap. I saw a video the other day of some wannabe hard ass pick one up by his tail and scruff while he was stuck in the trap. I was deer hunting once and found one and I shot him rather than let him suffer

30-Dec-18
Nice work guys. I wish I had the time to trap them. Maybe when I retire. Until then o will stick with calling.

Called in 7 today. Unfortunately 4 came in on the last set. After the first one hit the dirt it turned into the Wild West. The first one of the day was a hard charger. I thought he was going to run over the call. Rolled him up 10 yards from the call.

30-Dec-18
Thornton, you should educate yourself a little about trapping before commenting. Its against the law to mess with an animal in someones trap too, just so you know!

31-Dec-18
I had a muskrat in one of the beaver traps yesterday. That’s all. I pulled all of them since we’re supposed to get up to 2” of rain today. I’ll reset once the water goes down. Predeter, congratulations! Takes a lot of patience and persistence to get one with a bow. Thanks Michael. Sounds like you’ve got quite a few around. Thornton, I don’t like to see guys messing around with them much myself. Just get the job done and go on. As Sean D said most states it’s against the law to fool with someone’s catch. Also some people sell to the live market. I’d imagine they would be pretty upset to find their catch dispatched by someone. I know I hate it when someone finds one of my catches and ruins the hide shooting it with whatever cannon their carrying around. It almost the same feeling as finding someone sitting in your tree stand. Have a safe New Years everyone! Hope you all have a great 2019.

31-Dec-18
I'd be PISSED if someone shot my catch! Especially with a deer rifle!

All it takes is a tap on the bridge of their nose to knock them out then heart stomp them and they are dead quick with NO holes.

02-Jan-19

Well it’s been a while since I posted but since then I got 8 more. I had 4 this morning. The bottom one didn't even make it in the garage because it stunk so bad and the hair was falling out. I'm up to 21 and I still have 43 checks left to go. Last year I got 20 total.

03-Jan-19

Yesterday after work I changed one spot and had 2 more. This morning I had 3 as well. The fur on these 3 look good.

03-Jan-19

Good job WI ! I had a yote in a foothold yesterday. It didn’t end well for either of us. No yotes today but got a red fox in flat set and a beaver.

03-Jan-19

35lbs
35lbs

03-Jan-19

Not the worst beaver I ever ate.
Not the worst beaver I ever ate.

03-Jan-19

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
It's been tough this week with rains and then freezing temps. Lots of prying traps out of frozen mud and then resetting with dry dirt from under the polebarn.

07-Jan-19

Picked up a few more since my last post. Up to 30 as of this morning.

07-Jan-19

07-Jan-19
Matt- Those coyotes definitely are not happy about their situation!

12-Jan-19

Last one. It had a chewed out snare on it from a previous escape.
Last one. It had a chewed out snare on it from a previous escape.
I started pulling some of the properties last week. I think I’ve finally knocked the population down in the core area I trap. Haven’t seen a fresh track in two weeks. This has been the slowest season I’ve had in 12 years or more. I did catch one on Thursday. It was rubbed to bad to skin. Gonna continue to pull spots this weekend and close down for the year. Looks like we might end up with some ice in a couple weeks can’t wait to do some fishing. Thanks for following along Hope everyone has a good year.

15-Jan-19

Had four places left to pull today. I ended up leaving two of them till tomorrow. Saw a few tracks and ended up with four today

16-Jan-19
The fur looks good on those. I picked up a few more and am sitting at 37 so far. We have no snow right now, so I'm just sitting on what I have set and hoping for the best. I can't believe it is mid-January and we don't have snow in northern WI!!! 1 month left of the season but if it slows down for me, I might pull mine as well. We will see what the weather is going to bring for snow here and go from there.

16-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Last Sunday went up and did some calling and sniping.

Ended up with a fox and one coyote.

I shot this guy from 560yds

16-Jan-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Shot this guy at 15 yards

16-Jan-19
Ouch that’s a bad headache....nice work

16-Jan-19
Good job on yotes guys

16-Jan-19
Im surprised you didnt get a pass-thru on that head shot.

Wrong FOC??? :)

16-Jan-19
Dang. Nice shooting fellas!

16-Jan-19

320 bull's embedded Photo
320 bull's embedded Photo
Excellent work guys I shot a fox off of my chicken pen last year and he had a broken snare around his neck. I assumed he must have twisted it off. Wv hillbilly when you say chewed out what exactly do you mean? Would you agree that this snare was twisted off?

16-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Killed 6 over the weekend in Oklahoma. Missed 4 others :-(

16-Jan-19
Nice work t-roy. 320 bull I can’t see much detail in the pic when I zoom in. When I say chewed out I mean the critter chewed on the snare cable until it broke or chewed it in half. That would be my guess with your fox. It’s almost impossible to twist the snare cable enough to break it. Especially with a swivel on the end

16-Jan-19
My Nephew and I called in 2 Monday morning and we got both of them,both males. He was shooting one of his Rock River AR 223's and I had my trusty Remington 700 22-250.

Kurt

16-Jan-19
Awesome thread !

16-Jan-19

svrelk's embedded Photo
svrelk's embedded Photo
A couple recent ones.

21-Jan-19
Picked up #39 this morning. I hope to get one more!!! I didn't take pictures because it was dark and cold this morning. Only -3 but the wind made it feel colder. I didn't think I would connect on such a bright full moon night.

22-Jan-19

I got it this morning!!

18-Mar-19

One last picture for the year.

18-Mar-19
Great pic congrats!

18-Mar-19
Snowshoed into the cabin this weekend to It was finally warm enough to do some work on it. Sunday at sun up it was 4 degrees and the yotes were very active, yipping and yapping at what seemed like a close range. Din't have a call or a weapon, but it was fun to stand on the deck and listen to them.

Not sure what they are eating right now, have to be fairly hungry, the snow had melted and frozen too hard to get rodents, and very little rabbit sign. All big game has left for lower elevations and less snow for the winter. They have to be hungry.

oz

18-Mar-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Keep up the good fight,wish fur would come back nothing more Gorgeous on a woman.

18-Mar-19
560 yards is a hell of a shot!

Lee

18-Mar-19
wisconsinteacher, hell of a wall there! well done!

19-Mar-19

Got the auction results on Saturday. 140$ for my best one. Almost 50$ average
Got the auction results on Saturday. 140$ for my best one. Almost 50$ average
Nice pic Matt! Your gonna need a bigger barn next year.

• Sitka Gear