cnelk 02-Dec-18
BassNBucks 02-Dec-18
sticksender 02-Dec-18
oldgoat 02-Dec-18
Firsty 02-Dec-18
Lone Bugle 02-Dec-18
Jaquomo 03-Dec-18
02-Dec-18
Can I draw my 4 pt unit this year as a nr with 5 points even though it seems it takes 6 now?

02-Dec-18
You’ll have to see what the unit was “drawn out at” in the statistics. That should give you a good idea.

02-Dec-18
If it takes 6, then no.

It depends on how many tags there will be and how many people put in for those tags.

Kind of crazy but back when I started putting in for elk in Colorado, you could draw any elk unit in the state with 5 points - resident or nonresident. I finally burned 22 points on a unit I could have drawn for several years prior to drawing.

02-Dec-18
Go ahead and post the unit, then it will for sure take more PPs!

02-Dec-18
The answer for me is...NO! Everything I draw takes me one more point than what the statistics say. But then again I couldn't win at bingo if I could as the only one playing.

02-Dec-18
I'm curious as to what you mean by "4 pt unit"? But if the GMU in question took 6 pp to draw this year as you stated, it's unlikely to be drawn with less points next year. Chances are that it would take MORE points to draw next year due to point creep, but that depends on the unit.

02-Dec-18
In a 6 point minimum unit, there may have only been even just one person that got in with six points and everybody else got in with 7 or more, which could mean a lot of people with 6 points didn't get it. But since one person got it with 6 points, then it's a 6 point minimum unit for that year alone, might go another direction the next year due to tag allocations, fires etc...

02-Dec-18
Are you talking about unit 66?!

02-Dec-18
Diggler, that data is depressing......

03-Dec-18
The rapidly declining hunter numbers aren't a myth. 30% drop just since 2009. But those who do hunt, hunt more states and are compressed into less available land because of leasing and outfitting. And a lot more of the remaining hunters bowhunt now. Everybody wants to go west and bowhunt elk and mule deer.

• Sitka Gear