NEIAbowhunter 03-Dec-18
WH1974 03-Dec-18
Don K 03-Dec-18
SteveB 03-Dec-18
drycreek 03-Dec-18
APauls 03-Dec-18
Buffalo1 04-Dec-18
02-Dec-18
Hi guys, first off id like to say thank you for the most useful hunting knowledge found in one place on the internet. I’m a long time lurker but rarely post. Ive been buying points for 4 years for Iowa and I think 19 is going to be my first Iowa hunt. I don’t have any connections in the state so it’s likely going to have to be an outfitter. I have hunted public land in the past in other states but not sure I want to try public since I’ve waited so long to get a tag. Obviously I can find plenty of outfitters online but just not sure what to believe and what not to believe. Any insight or recommendations would be great. Would like to hunt the last of oct/first of nov. Money not really an issue and don’t need a big comfy lodge just want to be in the game and feel like I’m on good ground. Thanks in advance

02-Dec-18
PM handle Hans1 if your serious about quality. I’ve never used him but know three serious whitey guys that do. He’s the best I know.

02-Dec-18
^^^ Do this. I’ve hunted with Steve a few times and when I have enough points to go back, it’ll be with him.

02-Dec-18
Who is Steve , what is the business name ?

02-Dec-18
My son, John just got a monster buck with MidwestDreamLand@gmail'com

02-Dec-18
I can't tell you who to use, but I can tell you who I wouldn't use, under any circumstances, and that's Tails of the Hunt.

02-Dec-18
I second Steve Hanson. Steve's outfit is called Straightarrow Outfitters. I think it would be tough to find one better.

02-Dec-18
I second NOT using Tails of the Hunt

02-Dec-18
Steve Shoop @ J&S Trophy hunts in Moravia IA.

02-Dec-18
I knew Steve Shoop when he first started his outfitting business in NE Missouri. I hunted the farm right next to his, at that time, father in law's farm where he built his first hunting lodge. He was a good guy and did me a couple of solids.

02-Dec-18
Great thread,I’ve got 4 points that I’m trying to figure out what to do with.

02-Dec-18
Me too lol

02-Dec-18
I've bow hunted in Iowa with Steve Hanson 3x the most recent being last year and killed 3 good bucks. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help.

02-Dec-18
What part of Iowa are you looking at hunting is the 1st question. I have hinted Iowa twice all 3 years apart not this last year didn't draw but when I did just started knocking on doors and they all said if your just bow hunting go right ahead.

03-Dec-18
Would you guys care to elaborate on Tails of the hunt, I'm supposed to hunt there next year? Hunted to much? Wasn't a good guy? You can PM me if you would like also.

Thanks

03-Dec-18
Boone is correct. There are a ton of landowners willing to let you bowhunt their properties. At least that is the case up here in the northeast part. Gun season is a whole other story. The worst comes out in everyone for the shotgun seasons here. Just an option.

03-Dec-18
Great feedback! Thanks to all who have replied.

03-Dec-18
Lots of good public land out there. But, lots of good outfitters also so go ahead and book with them so there's less people on the public :)

03-Dec-18
Took my first archery buck with Steve Shoop on his Missouri land and he he had just acquired the Iowa land would would be hunting it the following year. Great guys.

03-Dec-18
Mudslinger, where to start ? I had better PM you.

03-Dec-18
Time to start slingin mud dry creek ;)

04-Dec-18
PM Olebuck. He just hunted this year and had a great hunt. He can probably help you.

• Sitka Gear