Thunderflight 03-Dec-18
South Farm 05-Dec-18
Genesis 05-Dec-18
Single bevel 08-Dec-18
Will 08-Dec-18
Rock 09-Dec-18
Don K 09-Dec-18
02-Dec-18
Does any make a hang on tree stand that you can use for sideways leaning trees?

I found one company called Innovative Treestands INC on line, but their website hasnt been updated since 2011 so im assuming they are out of business.

If no one makes one then does anyone have any suggeztions on how to hang a stand in a sideways leaning tree?

02-Dec-18
I use to manufacture a under-leg design stand that could be leveled on any tree no matter how much it leaned. Still have 5-6 new unused ones that I stashed for my own use but have recently decided that I do not need them as I also have 6 that I use all the time. Will look and see if I can find any pictures of them or take some new ones. You can Email me at [email protected] if I do not get something posted for you soon.

02-Dec-18
The greatest tree stand for leaning and crooked trees was the Lil Mohican. The company was bought out and the new owner never did anything with company. I still use about half a dozen of them to this day.

02-Dec-18
There was a company called climax that had stands that would be good for this. I still have 3 that I use just for that situation

02-Dec-18
Check out Lone Wolf, they have a self leveling system. Was just on their web site checking on my LW climber that I haven't use in years, legs put me on the ground.

02-Dec-18
Twisted Timber but I think they went out of business recently

02-Dec-18

Scrappy's Link
Lone wolf hang on stand with offset bracket. Check out this video and see if the tree your thinking of putting it in is leaning more.

02-Dec-18
Twisted Timber stands, problem solved. There are only 6 straight trees in Kansas and these stands/sticks are amazing.

02-Dec-18
Pat, a ladder stand is out of the question. Im hunting an Amy base and the area I need it I cant leave a tree stand .

I checked out most of the companies you all listed and all are out of business.

There has to be a market for this...... hmmmmm maybe I need to design one..... lol

02-Dec-18
Ok looks like lone wolf might save the day.... thanks scrappy!

02-Dec-18
twisted timber is lite, big and roomy and will level on any tree. I was going to buy another one recently but their website was down, maybe they did go out of business.

02-Dec-18
Think about putting some wheels on a ladder stand. It can double as a cart to get your deer out too.

03-Dec-18
Twisted timber they will hang on any tree and are rock solid. I bought 3 more this year during September so I hope there still in business.

03-Dec-18
I've carried a ladder stand in many times, I use them like people use a climber. Get one of those cheap/light wt stands that come in three sections... take it apart and stack all three sections... put it on your shoulders and walk in. It's really easy, give it a try in the back yard if you are worried about it. I live/hunt in KS and I don't have access to very many straight trees. Ladder stands and natural ground blinds are my go-to. Good luck!

03-Dec-18

SANDMAN's Link
I cant say for sure if theyre still in business...website is still up however. Solid stand. very versatile. Even the seat height is variable.

03-Dec-18
Johnson Tree stand or Twisted Tree would be my recommendation

03-Dec-18
Lone Wolf.

03-Dec-18
Lone Wolf or XOP are built for this.

03-Dec-18
Im gonna buy an XOP.

Thanks for all the imputs.

05-Dec-18
How about those tree saddle sling type things where you just hang with your feet pressing against the trunk? They look versatile and probably pack easy.

05-Dec-18
Twister timber is a slight improvement over the old discontinued Buckfinder but made very similarly

08-Dec-18
"How about those tree saddle sling type things where you just hang with your feet pressing against the trunk? They look versatile and probably pack easy."

I was already going to suggest a tree saddle before I got to your post. But you don't just hang with your feet pressed against the trunk. You still need a system of some sort for foot position. There are a ton of options for that. The absolute best place to learn about saddle hunting is over at saddle hunter.com I've switched to almost 100% saddles. I may never hunt out of a traditional stand again. I'm 60 years old. I find the saddle comfortable, extremely mobile, versatile on most any tree, and extremely safe. I love mine.

08-Dec-18
What about a saddle - whoops, had skipped ahead and just realized a few guys had noted it already...

That could be a solid idea!

09-Dec-18

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Here is the one I have used since the 80's, it is 30" long, 21" wide platform and weight is 7 1/2 lbs. It is very easy to install and is rock solid when installed, can also be leveled on any tree no matter how much it leans (can actually be installed on the underside of the leaning tree, which no one would ever want to do).

Did not have any photo's showing it on the tree and do not have any leaning trees close so took some pictures in the garage. To install you snug the strap around the tree with the stand at about 45 degrees downward, when you lift the stand it drives the teeth on the back of the stand into the tree. lift the stand above level then pull the leg to the tree and set it by pulling down on the stand which drives the tooth on the leg into the tree. Then tighten the safety rope between the stand and the leg to finish the installation.

09-Dec-18

Don K's Link
Ran across this today

• Sitka Gear