Titan_Bow 14-Dec-18
Genesis 14-Dec-18
midwest 14-Dec-18
DRR324 14-Dec-18
Genesis 14-Dec-18
12yards 14-Dec-18
Jason Stafford 14-Dec-18
03-Dec-18
Just curious why you don't hear more posts mentioning Prime bows on Bowsite? I realize bows are a "feel" item much like boots and truck brands but don't see many posts here giving them much love. I have shot Hoyt my entire hunting career minus my first few years when I was 12 to 14 shooting a Martin Bobcat. I only buy a new bow every few years. This year may be the year. The bows that I want to look at based on paper specs are the Prime CT3 and Bowtech Realm X. Yesterday I popped into my local bow shop and the Prime rep was there and had a CT3 and CT5 set up. I shot them both problem was the draw length was much to short for me so hard to get a good feel but much to like including the $999 price tag and free strings every 2 years. They both held very steady before and after the shot. Guess the 1 down side is the draw length specific cams although Prime's stance is it makes for a more efficient cam when they are designed for each draw length much like Mathews did many years ago. I have to go back and shoot them when I can have them set up 1 with a longer draw length and also the Bowtech.

03-Dec-18
Because bow hunters are a dying breed being succeeded by crossbow archers.

03-Dec-18
To be honest it's because their technology creates as many nuisance issues as it resolves. They are very nice bows, but you can do much better especially when it comes to ease of tuning/working on, and adjust-ability. Also like many others they are far to heavy. (we can all thank the sheep herd for that nice little trend)

03-Dec-18
Had a couple of them years back. I think the shift it was called. Loved it. Shot it well to 80 yards

03-Dec-18
ELKMAN guess I will have to take my scale back to the shop with me. The CT3 is listed at 4.4 pounds which doesn't seem too heavy. I didn't think it it felt heavy although it was a bare bow. The CT5 did feel a bit heavier than the CT3 although its just 2 inches longer. Plus I will probably take back my Spyder 34 to shoot next to them. In no hurry now that our PA archery season is over.

03-Dec-18
I use a Prime Rival. I like it a lot, and bought a used back-up that is identical except for color. I found it easy to set up and am going to collect on the free set of strings this week. The original strings are 3 seasons old and have done well but show a lot of wear from hunting and being carried in the brush. I haven’t looked at the latest models as the Rival does what I want from a 4.3#, 35” axle to axle hunting bow with a 6-1/2” brace height. (340 FPS spec). Good luck with your new bow quest.

03-Dec-18
I just bought a new prime ct5.. loving it!! Shot it vs the new hoyts and Mathews and it came out on top for me. Smooth draw great backwall, quiet, vibe free, and the most comfortable grip made. It holds amazingly well.

Don’t forget a lot of younger folk drink koolaid and eat typods that their flatbilled wearing power lifting hero’s promote so maybe that’s why ;-)’

03-Dec-18
The Prime CT5 is on my short list for this year as well. It is a little loud and has a little tuning fork buzz but that should be quieted down with accessories. The CT5 is far better though on both of those issues than previous Prime models and I'm being overly anal about it I'm sure. I'm not a fan of the mass weight but if I flatten the bill of my cap I should be able to carry it. :-)

03-Dec-18
"Don’t forget a lot of younger folk drink koolaid and eat typods that their flatbilled wearing power lifting hero’s promote so maybe that’s why ;-)’" x2

03-Dec-18
Are you a growing boy Trial? It doesn't get more simple than DLS cams in my opinion. You can also adjust the valley and let-off on the Primes with the draw stops within a 1/2" or so to get it perfect.

03-Dec-18
Love my centergy. Incredibly stable and aims so well. I shot a bunch of bows over the last couple years and I just kept coming back to the Prime when I finally decided to buy. Two of my best hunting buds are also shooting primes, one a rival and the other a rize and are happy as well

03-Dec-18

03-Dec-18
I am on my growing bigger a round only.... And DLS cams suck. I have owned about 10 of them over the years and regretted everyone when I went to sell them. Nothing is simple at that point except getting bent over the coals..

03-Dec-18
Did prime every get rid of the distinctive twang they had on the shot?

03-Dec-18
Thought you’d like that brotsky!! Hahahaaa

Trial, yes this years models are a lot quieter as they softened up the rubber on the string stop and installed a dampener on the string. The minimum noise of the ct5 and vertix was very comparable.

03-Dec-18
I ask myself the same question. Elkman, you’re right, after 100 yard, I found that my fixed blade Broadhead wouldn’t tune as well with my field point. My hybrid is a little heavy but that’s what happens when you have a long ata now. As for as DLS bows go, I don’t have an issue. You can micro adjust the DL which is an advantage over many bows.

03-Dec-18
When I bought my RX - 1 Ultra last year I had every intention on shooting a Prime. Just couldn’t find one to shoot.

Brotsky you better pass on a noisy bow. Them Black Hills whiteys don’t play around ;)

03-Dec-18
About the only prime with specs that interest me is the centergy air. Good to hear they addressed the noise, because quite frankly it was terrible. Hopefully they dump the DLS cams and get some dealers and maybe then they will be competitive

03-Dec-18
They seem to be pretty popular around my neck of the woods

03-Dec-18
If I was in the market for a bow for the last couple of years, this year included I would take a long hard look at prime. Shot last years models and loved the centergy hybrid. I almost have to have 35 in ATA to feel comfortable.

03-Dec-18
Why not more love? Marketing

03-Dec-18
I must preface my comments by admitting i'm no expert when it comes to working on bows. I can however pick up almost any bow that is properly tuned and shoot it as well as the owner can (given a similar draw length). Like many of you i've shot several bows of friends'/shops/demos. When it comes to hunting, I prefer to focus on lots of factors other than my bow. Once tuned, my bow needs to do what it's designed to do when I call on it. I can say that my 2013 Prime Defy has never let me down. 5 years, 5k shots on first set of strings. shoots great to 80yards when practicing. I have taken more diggers on steep slopes than I can count and have dropped my bow, landed on my bow, and beat it around more than I'd like to admit. One time i fell so hard unexpectedly I broke 3 arrows and tore the wrist sling off, still shot perfectly. Last week my bow plummeted 25ft from my treestand when a piece of ice came off the tree above me, hit the branch my bow was hanging on, and broke the branch off. The noise was horrifying on impact. I reluctantly climbed down and inspected my bow. It appeared the bow landed on the junction of the upper limb/riser/top of quiver. My alpine sof-lock quiver was knocked off but intact, arrows scattered, but the bow appeared fine. I drew and fired the bow and got back in the stand. Later at home I shot the bow and it grouped normally. Phew, dodged a bullet there. Overall the bow draws, aims and shoots very good. very solid backwall. It also appears that you cannot knock it out of tune according to my real life testing. Not sure if Prime still gives out free strings and cables every 2 years? I know they just sent me a new set of strings and cables in July 2018. There actually wasn't a dealer nearby so Prime sent the strings/cables to the shop of my preference here in Dayton, OH. So I guess I give their customer service 5 stars too.

03-Dec-18
They can't dump the DLS cams, otherwise they would lose 10-15fps, putting them on the weak side of performance comparisons. Their double cams, while helping most guys tune their bows quickly ,( that's a whole different debate) are heavier than other cam designs and won't be able to match the IBO ratings, unless they squeak every last bit of performance out of them, hence the DLS approach.

If a guy keeps his bow for a few years, no big deal. For habitual buyers, it's a guaranteed loss at resale. Some are willing to pay the price others aren't.

03-Dec-18
I've never shot a Prime so can't comment on that aspect of their popularity, but the lesser reputation coupled with DLS cams must really hurt when the time comes to sell the bow. Not a big deal if you keep a bow for years, but I bet you'd take a pretty massive haircut versus a module adjustable bow from a more familiar brand.

03-Dec-18
I guess I have a 29" DL like every other archer out there so I've never had resale trouble with DLS cams. :-)

03-Dec-18
Yes, no problem when I’ve sold draw length specific (DLS) Mathews Solo cams at 29”. No problem finding a new or later another used Prime Rival at 29” either. Nice to be average and find the DLS cams. They work fine.....I only change bows every few years to every decade if I like what I am shooting. Didn’t like the shorter Hoyt and Mathews I had near as well as the longer Prime. And they still have the 2 year string replacement plan, at least the last time I checked.

03-Dec-18
Absarokee, the shop in Brodheadsville told me they sold more Prime than Hoyt this year.

03-Dec-18
I've yet to see any bow that didn't drop value like a rock regardless of the cam system.

03-Dec-18
After considering both Prime and Hoyt and shooting both over the weekend...sticking with my Prime. Rock solid.

03-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
This bow tunes so nice! So far I have only made one tiny adjustment from where the shop expert set it and it’s shooting broadheads with fp already. Couldn’t be happier with my choice
trkyslr's embedded Photo
This bow tunes so nice! So far I have only made one tiny adjustment from where the shop expert set it and it’s shooting broadheads with fp already. Couldn’t be happier with my choice
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Sexxxyyyyy
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Sexxxyyyyy

04-Dec-18
No yokes on them for me to tune

04-Dec-18
"No yokes on them for me to tune"

I'm with you Ermine, this is the only thing has kept me from ordering one so far. Yoke tuning is so easy and fool proof it's hard for me to move away from a system that doesn't have at least one static yoke.

04-Dec-18
I shoot a prime logic, great shooting bow, smooth.

04-Dec-18
I bought the Prime Logic this year, Love it.

04-Dec-18
Whoa, Cam trkyslr Hanes....thumb behind the neck! ;-)

I've never shot a Prime but I have an opinion. lol I'm not a fan of the twin cams. The added weight on the limbs can't help the speed any and of all the components on my compound I worry about damaging while hunting....it's the cams. I don't need to double my odds. :-)

They are a sweet looking bow, tho!

04-Dec-18
Midwest he got that from me.

Ermine yokes are only good in omelettes :-)

05-Dec-18
Yokes are far more important in bows than omelettes. Egg whites hold up well enough on their own. Bows without yokes are just a waste of your time...

05-Dec-18
If you buy that with the Prime cam design there is no cam lean do you need a yoke?

Guess I was wrong there is some love for the Primes on Bowsite.

05-Dec-18
Well I gave a Prime Hybrid a try last year. I could not tune my arrows for the life of me. Bareshafts flew nock right and hit significantly to the right of my fletched arrow at 20 yards. I could only move the rest to try and help and unfortunately I still couldn’t get it to tune even with the arrow centershot way inside.

With a yoke I put the arrow down the middle of the shelf and use the yokes to control the bareshaft.

Most of the primes people shoot have no problems With tuning. The one I tried might have been a lemon. But without the yokes to tune it I was a lot a loss

05-Dec-18
Bought a Prime ION 4 years ago and loved it so much I bought another one for back up. Most likely my last compound bow(s)

05-Dec-18
I don't buy one because I never see pics with one laying on a dead animal.

Trolling.....................

05-Dec-18
I would consider one if they had yokes, I would not touch a bow that didn't have at least on yoke, they make tuning so easy, static yoke that is.

05-Dec-18
I would consider one if they had yokes, I would not touch a bow that didn't have at least on yoke, they make tuning so easy, static yoke that is.

05-Dec-18
Ermine, did you try moving the Flexis cable guard in and out? That accomplished final tuning on my Prime Rivals.

I just set it up with the arrow “down the middle”, got the string loop set for level arrow flight, set the static cam timing, as well as checking it at full draw, then set the limb stop timing so the stops hit at the same time. Basically had had good luck with field points and Broadhead hitting together after a minor tweak to the Flexis. Obviously Indo my own bow set up as my nearest shop is 2 hrs away and the shop I prefer is 6 hrs away in WA....just very few archery shops in BC.

08-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Prime ct5
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Prime ct5
trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Tuning this has been a breeze... it was set to primes recommended specs as far as arrow/rest setting and all I’ve had to do was make one tiny 1/4 turn flexis adjustment... this was a three arrow group (2 fp and 1 fixed bh, bh left arrow in spider) I shot yesterday at 52. One thing that stands out to me about this bow is how steady it holds on target due to the centergy technology and amazing grip.. just so comfy and correct.

08-Dec-18
I just ordered the CT-5 today Chris. It holds like a rock. Very smooth and fast. It’s an awesome bow.

08-Dec-18
Jw yes sir!

08-Dec-18
I might be making the switch, ill try the Bowtech and Prime and go from there

14-Dec-18
I'm a newbie to compbound bows, been shooting trad my whole life. Last couple years I have been hunting with a Hoyt Spyder 34 I picked up used for a good price. I've been thinking about a new bow for next year, and I've seen slightly used Primes, like last years models for less than half what they were brand new! Is there a reason their resale value is so low? Is that common amongst other brands as well? I really like the look of the Prime's and I know a couple guys that shoot them and they all love them. I'm thinking seriously about picking one up, especially given the price for a year or two old model

14-Dec-18

Genesis's embedded Photo
Genesis's embedded Photo
12 yards.....this years version

14-Dec-18
That left side, Steve...wow! Is something broke off on the inside of the main beam?

Congrats on another dandy!

14-Dec-18

DRR324's embedded Photo
MI late season
DRR324's embedded Photo
MI late season
Count me in the group that likes their Prime! Haven't shot a buck with it yet as the mature bucks must know whats going to happen if they get too close...

14-Dec-18
Nothing broke,funky angle I guess and it doesn’t show his mass at all.

I’m not a super tuner but Primes tune to my liking very quick using the flexis screw.

The draw cycle is similar to the elite synergy from what people say.Simply the smoothest draw and rock solid wall I’ve ever shot.

New strings and cable every two years also is kinda nice.

14-Dec-18
Dandy Genesis!! But see! It took a week to find a good Prime Kill!

Just poking you guys! I know they're great bows!

14-Dec-18
I'm currently shooting the Logic and really like it. It was super easy to tune and is a tack driver. I've shot a lot of bows over the years and this one is my favorite.

• Sitka Gear