APauls 03-Dec-18
t-roy 03-Dec-18
Bake 04-Dec-18
Trial153 04-Dec-18
Bou'bound 04-Dec-18
t-roy 04-Dec-18
t-roy 04-Dec-18
03-Dec-18
I’m contemplating getting this pack for hunting whitetails. I’m wondering if anyone has used this pack and, if so, what are your thoughts on it, pro or con. One of selling points on this pack is being able to attach a tree stand to it for ease of transport. I might use that feature occasionally, but the vast majority of my stands are preset. I’m more interested in if the pack is user friendly for tree stand hunting.

Also, if anyone has one they are looking at selling, I might be interested......Thanks

03-Dec-18
How has Charlie not commented on this thread yet???

03-Dec-18
Pat....I’m having a hard time finding dimensions on the tool box vs the tool bucket. The tool bucket looks to be larger but I’m not certain of that. Some reviews say they are both about the same cu. inches but the bucket has the added aspect of the frame for attaching a stand. Do you know that the dimensions are on each?

03-Dec-18

JohnMC's Link
1000 cubic inches on box

1900 cubic inches on bucket

Sitka website shows for bucket- you can see box on attached link.

I see the benefits of an expense pack hunting in mountains our where you are going to cover a lot of ground and need more gear. But a $20 Wal Mart pack would meet needs for walking to a treestand. With that said I usually use a badlands super day or a 2200 if wanting to carry a stand in but only because I already own them.

03-Dec-18
Kevin: I use the Tool Box not the Tool Bucket. Ha!

03-Dec-18
T-roy I had that pack and sold it. Best pack I’ve ever had for hunting whitetails in a set stand. As far as taking gear and accessibility for hunting it was beautiful. As far as hauling stands it’s next to useless. That’s why I bought it and it was too much coin to keep wrapped up in a pack just to sit in the tree with. If you want to talk more about it shoot me a message or give me a call. Like I say for strictly hunting - awesome pack and best I’ve used. For hauling stand - no way. Best I’ve used so far is my Kuiu Icon Pro system

03-Dec-18

04-Dec-18
I haven't used the Bucket. I have the Toolbox. I like it a lot. I wish a couple things for it.

I wish it had one more pocket. Maybe on the outside lid. Not too big, just for random things that I get out at the stand, but don't need a dedicated pocket for.

I wish the straps and the buckles were a little more robust. Occasionally I will strap my bow to it for long walks in for morning hunts. And I worry about the little straps and buckles. I also wish the straps were just a hair longer. I strap my Fanatic bibs and jacket to it, and it pretty much max out the little straps.

I bought the Box because I didn't figure to pack stands with it. If I need to pack in a LW Alpha, I'll either strap my Toolbox to the stand itself and pack the stand and just carry the LW steps. Or for real long walks, I'll use my Mystery Ranch elk hunting pack to carry the stand and the sticks.

Overall I like the Toolbox. It has enough pockets to organize all the little crap I take with me that I never use. Extra release, extra contacts, lens wipes, some emergency meds, a little multi-tool, food, drinks, etc. It's really a great size. I feel like it's bursting when I've added everything for an all day sit. But really, it works well.

I've used mine for traveling quite a bit too as a carry-on. Works good to have a jacket, meds, plug-ins, etc. Opens easily for security inspections (they always pick me, I think it's because I've got camo gear and they are discriminating :))

I took mine as a carry on to Africa. I always giggle everytime I think of the TSA agent's eyes bugging out when they opened it and saw $1400 worth of Rand (which was a stack about 6 inches high of paper Rand currency)

Bake

04-Dec-18
I have both packs, the bucket works well providing your not disconnecting the frame from the stand often. For carrying a set in it works good, comfortable and easy carry. Does it work better then a frame like a MR pop up....debateable. The tool box is solid if you hunting out of stands that are pre set.

04-Dec-18
any photos?

04-Dec-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
From jOHNMC’s link.

Toolbox

04-Dec-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Toolbucket

• Sitka Gear