Bou'bound 06-Dec-18
Rackmastr 06-Dec-18
dhaverstick 07-Dec-18
South Farm 07-Dec-18
04-Dec-18
What experience do you have a hunting moose in British Columbia

any suggestions photos or other considerations to keep in mind

04-Dec-18
BC is kinda big and so is the difference in moose and moose hunting from south to north. Do you have a certain criteria in mind?

04-Dec-18
Probably near the Alberta border would be idea.

04-Dec-18

Treeline's Link
I have some buddies that hunt up north and have monsters. Contact Jake and tell him I said hi!

05-Dec-18
Zackman went last fall he may have some insight.

05-Dec-18
BC has only Canada moose per P&Y, determined by our provincial borders on the North and South. Actually with DNA testing I’d bet we have Shiras down along the US border....they are relatively small moose. Up by the Yukon and NWT border they would probably show the Alaskan Yukon genes and are huge bodied. In between lie the true Canada moose.

So, if you want to hunt moose in BC figure out how large your wall for the mount is, your freezer for the meat and your pocket book, assuming you are a non-resident. The initials BC mean “bring cash”. Good luck.

05-Dec-18
Lloyd Clark @ Pink Mountain Outfitters.....to say they are good and have quality moose is an understatement.

05-Dec-18

05-Dec-18
I hunted there in 2014. Generally speaking the further north you go the bigger the moose and the bigger the price tag. Having said that, the cost is considerably less than what you would pay in the southern Yukon and the size of the bulls are pretty similar. I researched several outfitters before I went and really didn't run across any that had a bad reputation. If you go up along the Yukon Border plan on paying around $12,500 to $18,000 or so. Boat hunts (hunting the lakes and rivers) are usually a little less than going back in on horseback.

I had a great hunt...saw lots of moose and killed an old mature bull. It was a great experience. We flew into a remote lake via a float plane and spent 10 days back in there. I'd love to do it again!

06-Dec-18
Good stuff thanks

06-Dec-18
I'm from BC (for the past 7 years) and have hunted them in 3 corners of the province (NW, NE and SE). North is amazing and obviously a bit different whether you are east or west and what type of hunt you want to do (boat, horse, truck). Some giant 'scoring' bulls get killed in both the NW and NE but it seems the NW may hold bigger 'width' bulls if that's a concern. An outfitter friend of mine kills some great scoring bulls along the AB border but likely averages under 50" due to mass, points, etc.

I'm booked with a charter to fly into a lake end of Sept this year in NW BC about 50 miles from the Yukon border. Should be a fun time with a boat based bow hunt for rutting bulls!

If you need recommendations for outfitters shoot me a message, glad to give you what I know or guys I'd suggest.

07-Dec-18
I did a lot of research early this year for a BC moose hunt and the biggest lesson I learned was the moose, and price, get bigger the further north you go. No major airline flies to any airport in the northern part of the province so you fly into someplace like Prince George and then either rent a car or take a ride on a smaller airline. That created a whole lot of logistical problems for me coming from southern Missouri. The biggest headache hunting up north for me would be getting my meat back. In the end, I signed up with Big Country Outfitters. I will fly into Prince George and we will hunt west of there someplace. I will be there in early October of next year.

Darren

07-Dec-18
I like N. BC...bigger moose, cool country, and you can have a great combo hunt in addition to moose...we did elk. Our outfitter, Dunedin River, is no longer so not sure who I'd recommend. I hate the rigmarole of flying so BC was a great choice for us coming from Minnesota...just time it right so you drive through central Canada in the dark, you want it to be light when you get to the pretty part, which is Alberta and BC!

• Sitka Gear