DEMO-Bowhunter 05-Dec-18
LINK 05-Dec-18
LINK 05-Dec-18
Bou'bound 05-Dec-18
The rookie 05-Dec-18
Bassmaster9960 05-Dec-18
deerslayer 05-Dec-18
04-Dec-18
I have 3 kids, (two girls, one boy). Ages are 9, 7, 5.

I am thinking about getting all of them their own bow for Christmas, but I am not interested in getting them junk. I want to get them something that they can comfortably handle now, but that they use to hunt in a couple years. I have been doing some research and have narrowed it down to:

Bear Cruzer G2: 5-70 lbs, 12"-30" draw - Mass Weight: 3.0 lbs - Axle to Axle: 30'' - Brace Height: 6.5'' - $300

Bear Cruzer Lite: 5-45 lbs - 12"-27" Draw - Mass Weight: 3.2 lbs - Axle to Axle: 27 1/8'' - Brace Height: 6'' -$250

Diamond Infinite Edge SB-1: 7-70 lbs - 15"-30" Draw - Mass Weight - 3.6 lbs- Axle to Axle - 31" - Brace Height - 7" -$335

The Diamond Atomics are cool, but max out at 29 lbs. I am thinking the Cruzer G2 is longer, but a smidge lighter mass weight. Although I don't think my girls will ever need to go up to 70lbs. If they get past 45 lbs it would probably be when they're well into their teens. My son will almost for sure be well past 45 lbs when he gets older, but he's only 5, so the Cruzer lite would last a lot of years from now.

For those of you with kids that have any of these bows, what are your thoughts?

04-Dec-18
Diamond edge is one on the best kids beginner bows I have seen. Even you could shoot it if you had to. Great that kids can grow Into a bow for a few years now. Enjoy the family shooting. Hunt

04-Dec-18
another vote for the edge. my son loves his

04-Dec-18
I'm getting my 9 year old daughter a Bear Limitless for her 10th birthday in January.

04-Dec-18
Justin- We have 3 mission Craze in our house. Will have a 4th soon for Gunner next year. I have all the boys shoot them. You can change the draw length without a press. Super easy. Goes up to 70 lbs and as low as 17 lbs. I think I paid around $300 each for them.....they may be a bit more now. I did whisker biscuits and basic sights but will upgrade those as they grow into them. Great investment as they will all easily get 7-8 years out of them or more. If they stick with it I will help them upgrade when they are ready.

Would be too much bow for your 5 year old but 7 is when I got them for my boys. I guess I can't speak for girls as we never figured out how to make those but that's what I've done with the boys and been happy with it. I'm sure the other bow mentioned above would be solid too, Hunt won't steer ya wrong.

05-Dec-18
I second the Mission Craze bows for kids. My son got his when he was 8 and loves it. I coach 4-H shooting sports and that is the most common bow used by the youngster. I have told my son more than once that his bow will be the last bow I will buy him as it will grow with him up to 70lbs and 30".

05-Dec-18
I started all of my kids out on the Diamond Atomics from about 4 years old. The mass weight is almost half of the Edge and with them going up to 29 lbs, the Atomics will last them several years. When they get to the point of out growing the Atomics, then I'll gauge their interest level at that point. I might roll them into an edge if they are ready.

The Edge is a very nice bow, but my kids are all pretty small framed and the lighter Atomic is still working out well for them and my oldest is now almost 10.

05-Dec-18

LINK's embedded Photo
Cruzer lite and my 6 year old.
LINK's embedded Photo
Cruzer lite and my 6 year old.
Justin if you’ve followed any of the other kids bow threads lately, you know I like the cruzer lite. I haven’t handled the g2 or the infinite edge. I really like my daughters cruzer lite and compared to my oldest daughters Hoyt Ruckus the bear is a better bow. You’ve got three kids and 3 bow choices, get one of each and let us know what you think, lol.

05-Dec-18
I will add that I’ve tried a few different kids releases and so far I like the Scott hero. Enough adjustment for a 5 year old and I’ve shot my daughters as a spare. $30 on Amazon

05-Dec-18
The diamond edge is fantastic and it will last years and years

05-Dec-18

The rookie's embedded Photo
The rookie's embedded Photo
Diamond edge has been a solid bow for my boys, definitely on the heavy side for a 5 year old though.

05-Dec-18
I'm 14 and shoot a craze.. it works out pretty good and was lucky enough to take by first bowkill with it

05-Dec-18
At 3.6 lbs and a 31” ata it seems the edge would be a bit cumbersome for kids under 12. That’s why I’m leaning towards the cruzer lite..... The edge seems like an awesome bow, but it seems to me like the lighter mass weight and 3” shorter ata would fit better, no? I mean a lot of adult bows nowadays are 32” ata. Heck, I shoot 34” ata and I’m 6’3”.

• Sitka Gear