Rut Nut 05-Dec-18
rattling_junkie 05-Dec-18
NEIAbowhunter 05-Dec-18
rattling_junkie 06-Dec-18
ground hunter 06-Dec-18
APauls 06-Dec-18
Will 06-Dec-18
04-Dec-18
I finally got out for my first day on the ice. People have been out for close to a month already in Manitoba.

05-Dec-18
Good for you guys staying active. We’ll be hunting deer until 1/17/19:)

05-Dec-18
Nice video David! I can't wait to get back on the ice here in PA! A few of my buddies got out here on the Sat. after T-giving, but I was out of town for the holiday. THings seem to be cooling back down again, so maybe with some luck I will find some safe ice this weekend.

Planning some 'double duty' days after Christmas. I found a spot on State Forest for some late season hunting near one of the lakes we ice-fish. Gonna bowhunt in the AM and PM and ice-fish during mid-day. It should work out well- less than a mile drive from the hunt spot to fish spot. Looking forward to it!

05-Dec-18
Yep - same here in N. CO. Fishing this Friday. I'm fortunate to have great trout ice fishing within walking distance from the mountain house. My walleye-bass-crappie-perch lake down here in town is just skimming over.

I finally decided to upgrade my original Clam Fish Trap Guide with one of the new insulated jobs. A little more comfy for the girlfriend and I really like the D door instead of the U on my original.

Love sight fishing for trout through the ice. Its like hunting, except with tunes and a beer!

05-Dec-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I use my Clam Kenai, but more as a wind break. I like to be 'out in the elements".

And I love to catch trout thru the ice. They are fun to catch and are usually pretty lively- even the little ones!

05-Dec-18
Charlie you are one lucky dude, once I retire I'll be chasing the hunting seasons too! Rut Nut, sure sounds like you found a perfect spot for the outdoor lifestyle, hunting and fishing in one day! Jaq, sight fishing is a blast. The water on that particular lake is too dirty, but I will definitely try and get to a clear lake and do some sight fishing this winter.

05-Dec-18
I would consider taking an invite *wink*. I've been out ice fishing twice on the Mississippi here already. Been doing pretty well on the bluegills/perch so far. Only a few crappies and haven't targeted the walleye since right before the rut. Never done any type of trout fishing and there's quite a few streams around. I love being laid off a little before Thanksgiving every year (I pour cement). Last year I tagged out on a 10pt in the morning and went ice fishing with my dad the rest of the day. Fishing keeps me outside until turkey season. Good luck fellas.

06-Dec-18
Eric, trade you for a deer hunt :)

06-Dec-18
Well in the UP, ice fishing is just as natural, as clean air...... fishing has been going on for about a month, but still have to be careful,,,,,,, I am too much into trapping and still hunting,,,,,, however always take time out, for some trout or gills

06-Dec-18

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
We also had our first winner!!

06-Dec-18
Ugh, that stinks Apauls. I love ice fishing, just overly cautious. friends love to bust me that I wear a life jacket ice fishing until it's like 8-10" thick :)

We are probably 3-4 weeks away, and only if it stay's cold, here in central MA. We had a few inches, but it melted in most places with a warm up last weekend, now it's starting to setup with some more seasonal weather. Hopefully by the end of hunting season (Dec 31) it will be safe on some ponds.

• Sitka Gear