David A. 08-Dec-18
ND String Puller 11-Dec-18
LINK 11-Dec-18
Knife2sharp 11-Dec-18
SmokedTrout 11-Dec-18
David A. 11-Dec-18
raghorn 13-Dec-18
05-Dec-18
What Brand of rechargeable batteries are the best? I haven't had any luck with the ones I've tried. Bob

05-Dec-18
If you're talking about using them in game cams, none. I tried them and found them lacking. I went back to Energizers and buy them in bulk from Amazon.

05-Dec-18
Even the good ones are 50% of duracells,look on amazon for them and charger,The ones I used were ok and they started with a T but don't use anymore

05-Dec-18
Rechargeables don't work well in trail cams. I too get Energizer lithiums from EBay. If you shop and are patient....you can get them for under a $1 each. I can usually get them in bulk for 85 cents each or less.

05-Dec-18
My experience is the same. Rechargeable batteries do not work well in trail cameras

05-Dec-18
Have to use lithiums in trail cams. No comparison.

Rechargeable for gps are ok, but you will be rotating them out a lot.

05-Dec-18
I have used rechargeable batteries for years. Usually one set will last from October through to January in WI weather taking several hundred pictures a day. Regular batteries don't last half as long if lucky.

05-Dec-18
I recently (last couple of weeks) tried Durcacell Quantum's and they suck in cold weather and when your cams are set for vids. They might be ok for pics....forget it if doing vids.

05-Dec-18
I forgot to mention I would be using a solar charger, don't know if that makes any difference. Bob

05-Dec-18
I have 3 or 4 Moultrie 12v solar panels (CPP's) and the jury is out on those powering the cams. A couple of problems with them. One is the CPP plug and/or cam pin do not match well....very loose. The newer Moultrie cams do not give any indication the CPP is providing power. I have one older M990i that does show external power.....but again it is hit or miss on the plug/pin connection. Another problem is the CPP is shiny black and screams "steal me" in the woods. I camo'd all of mine. I passed this info on to my source at Moultrie a while back. They stopped making that version of the CPP and I was told they will be coming out with a new version.

05-Dec-18
Enteloop rechargeables. Been using them for about 5 years. Best on the market in my opinion and other pro's as well.

06-Dec-18
Eneloop rechargeable is what I use on most my electronics (gps, foxpro, walkie talkie). I have never tried them in a trail camera. I have found this brand of rechargeable battery are by far the best. They may not last as quite as long as a regular battery but much more economical as they recharge very well. Been using the same ones for 4-5 years and they perform great.

06-Dec-18
keep in mind my experience is with the Energizer, Duracell and Rayovac rechargeable s. a few years ago I checked them out with a voltmeter. regular alkaline batteries out of the package showed 1.60-1.65 voltages. all the rechargeable ones I took to the meter only showed 1.35 right out of the charger. a lot of the electronics I dealt with at that time quit working properly when the battery voltage dropped below the 1.25 mark.

06-Dec-18
I just run Kirkland AA's all the time. Warm or cold seem to hold up well and best bang for buck bar none.

06-Dec-18
A friend uses Tenergy in his Foxpro and swears they are the best. For game cams I don't often run in extremely cold weather but the battery life is so good with the newer cameras I just use whatever brand name disposable AA I can find on sale: energizer, duracell, etc. Haven't had the need to use lithium, but perhaps they work better in the cold?

06-Dec-18
I use Eneloop batteries in all of my headlamps and electronics. They work great. I have some that are 4-5 years old that are going just as strong as if they're new. Now, I don't use trail cameras so if that's what you are looking to use them for, I can't say if they'll work or not.

07-Dec-18
Yes, I'll be using them in trail cameras, guess I failed to mention that. Bob

07-Dec-18
I have phenomenal luck with almost all rechargeable batteries. I make sure to find high mAh ratings. One set will last the whole season even in WI temps.

07-Dec-18
Most trail cam manufacturers don’t recommend rechargeable batteries and many Camera problems can be attributed to rechargeables.. Energizer Max and max plus are perhaps the best alkaline but I wouldn’t use any alkaline in cold weather and/or for long periods or whenever battery charge level drops below 50 Percent. Some claim alkaline can leak at low charge level putting your cameras at risk for damage.

Lithiums or selective use of top grade alkalines are the best choice.

08-Dec-18
One of the home-brew cam builders I know always recommended Eneloop in his cameras. I found them to be okay. One thing I did notice was how long they hold a charge during storage. They loose almost no voltage even a year after charging.

08-Dec-18
Gramps used to recharge his AA alkaline batteries....just sayin.

08-Dec-18
Cameras that have 8 batteries are more likely to get by with rechargeables but it’s still a risk and nighttime pics can be less than satisfactory esp when charge drops.

Kodiak, in Australia they sell a alkaline recharger called Rezap...

08-Dec-18
I have run eneloops in my cell cameras also. As you know, they supply power for functions as a normal trail cam but also they have enough juice to transmit pictures continuously to my email.

11-Dec-18
If you have a Menards nearby you can buy a 48 box of Rayovac AA alkaline for $9 in sale. They keep my bushnell trophy cams going all season even down to -30 (if left on picture mode). I'm sure other cameras may need the expensive lithiums but I save those for my gps only too expensive!

11-Dec-18
I’m over 60 days at an average of 300 pictures a day on my alkalines. I bought a set of Lithiums to replace them but they just keep going. I guess I don’t see the need for a rechargeable battery.

11-Dec-18
Yeah, it's the fact that rechargeables are 1.2v and regular ones are 1.5v. But they're actually much higher, I've seen my AAs at 1.8 each. I think they could make reachargeables higher, they just don't because it would turn the battery market upside down. They do sell chargers that claim to recharge alkaline, but I've never tried one and it's possible they don't fully charge them to the +1.5v required.

11-Dec-18
Eneloops. They will beat anything out there that I've found. I've got a nice Opus charger to go with them.

Plus I'm not dumping used batteries in the trash all the time.

11-Dec-18
Ask your trail cam tech support about Eneloop or any other rechargeable...trail cam manufacturers often don’t recommend them and their is a reason for that, they can give inconsistent or unsatisfactory results regardless of the battery brand in many trail cameras and this is why most only recommend lithium and top of the line alkalines and just lithiums for cold/maximum length use.

Trailcampro I is ell known for their reviews and state rechargeables give them more inconsistent results than anything else along with not reformatting SD cards.

13-Dec-18
My two trail cameras are outside 24/7 for the past 8 years. For the past 5 or 6 years I have used 4 AA rechargeable in each camera instead of the 8 they can hold. I check the cameras every 2-3 weeks.Even in below zero temps, no problems. I use Energizers and Harbor Freight Thunderbolts. I also use them in my GPS, and Canon Sure Shot camera, flashlights, and headlamps.

• Sitka Gear