Rob Nye 13-Dec-18
Ace 13-Dec-18
Rob Nye 13-Dec-18
Dinny 01-Jan-19
SteveB 01-Jan-19
tobinsghost 01-Jan-19
Huntiam 02-Jan-19
07-Dec-18
Say a guy didn’t care if his outfitter put him up in a lawn shed with water dripping on his forehead all night and fed him spam three times a day but only cared about the size of the bears to be hunted who would be your pick for the outfit who consistently produces the biggest bears in the business?

07-Dec-18
Sorry, I’m staying tight lipped, he’s hard enough to book with already

07-Dec-18
I’d look no further than Stickflingers (Manitoba) for a great bear hunt with opportunity for Giants

07-Dec-18
And to add to the question if you shot a bear there what did it weigh?

07-Dec-18
I havent hunted there, but TSI on here is killing some giants. Im looking to go there in 2020 if i can get in. He has close to a 20” average. There is a thread on here right now.

07-Dec-18
Black or Brown?

07-Dec-18
TVSO is the place

07-Dec-18
When you are saying big what is your definition of big? Skull? Length? Weight? Some guys are all about the length or square of the bear, some guys are all about weight and some guys are all about skull, some a mix. What are you after?

07-Dec-18
Biggest black bear? Vancouver Island.

Biggest Brown Bear? Kodiak? Russia?

07-Dec-18
I think you need to be more specific, certainly what kind of bear.

Then: Spring or Fall? Big meaning skull size or weight or length? Is this for you or another who wants to shoot 1 huge bear or is the average for the area or his camp important? Do you care about color phases at all?

Some absolute monster bears (by weight) come out of Eastern North Carolina. Some really big skulls come out of PA and WI. Biggest average size is a different ball game.

07-Dec-18
Eastern N.C. Hyde county. Forrest

07-Dec-18
Boone, NC.... Jason Stanton shot a bear weighing 587 recently.... Eastern NC has some awesome bears. Hound hunting.

07-Dec-18
B&C consistently has 50% of the top entries from PA and WI. No other state of Province comes close.

07-Dec-18

elkstabber's Link
Mule Power: if you're asking about the heaviest black bears they are coming from eastern NC. They don't have the biggest skull if you're asking about inches. But, they are unbelievably heavy. There are several reasons but primarily they feed around huge hog houses and the bears don't hibernate for the winter so they never stop growing. I just picked this link showing a 640 lb bear with a quick Google, I'm sure there are bigger ones.

07-Dec-18
Note that some of the eastern NC bears are hunted with hounds. In very few cases would these bears be eligible for P&Y or B&C because the hounds have tracking collars and using them violates the fair chase requirement. But, I think baiting for bears just recently became legal in NC - check the regs. This would make them eligible for the book.

07-Dec-18

Rut Nut's Link
640 lbs would have barely made the Top 10 list this year in Pa. ;-)

07-Dec-18
A Bear killed with the assistance of hounds, wearing tracking collars, makes them ineligible to enter in P& Y & B&C ? Then 99% of all Mt Lions entered would be ineligible to enter, also ?? Presuming 99% of all Lions are taken by following hound dogs with locator collars. Not sure if that is correct.......

07-Dec-18
^^good point!

07-Dec-18
PA or NJ dumpster bears for weight.

07-Dec-18
I’m talking about not dy size.... weight. And black bears to be specific. I live in Pa where monsters are killed every year. But it’s a crap shoot where groups of up to 25 hunters do drives pushing bears out of thickets.

I’ve ran my own hounds for lions. I’m not interested in running a bear up a tree and shooting it. I prefer a baited hunt.

Also I don’t care about record books so skull size doesn’t matter to me. A nice unrubbed hide does though.

07-Dec-18
Go to Newfoundland....land of the giants....Plus snow there til end May and spring seasoon runs into mid July....fishing is great as well. other that that TSI in New Brunswick would be a great place to start. TH

07-Dec-18
Manager: I don't want to sidetrack this because Mule Power is asking about where big bears are killed. But, yes, bears or lions taken with the assistance of hounds with tracking collars are not eligible. You are welcome to research and start a new thread if you're interested.

Rut Nut: I've been corrected. I knew they were big but didn't know that were that big in PA. I'm still not sure that PA has bigger bears.

07-Dec-18

elkstabber's Link
This says that the NC record and world record for weight is 880 lbs.

07-Dec-18

elkstabber's Link
This talks about how Craven county (NC) grows such big fat bears.

07-Dec-18

Mule Power's Link
I never knew NC had big blackies. So after reading the comments here I Googled up some outfitters. Wow! Guaranteed opportunities at 300+ pound bears. Sign me up! No wait..... $500 per night for lodging with a $7500 kill fee!!! Maybe those coastal brown bear hunts in Alaska are under priced.

07-Dec-18
"So if you are successful in harvesting a trophy bear, you final rate will be $7500+$500 per night you are in camp. "

Ouch! For that amount....stay a few nights and that could be two Manitoba hunts and an Ontario hunt.

07-Dec-18
Bear season in NC is about to begin....book a hunt!! Second season in Western NC begins Monday. Been there on one of them hound hunts in NC, its a blast!!! I have some buddies going out next week.

07-Dec-18
The largest black bear (skull) ever killed by a human is also the P&Y WR (23 3/16").......arrowed in Northern California! WI, PA, and SC have some big skulls and weight!

07-Dec-18
Lone Wolf Camps has been putting down some BIG bears the last few years.

07-Dec-18
TSI produces some giants. Stickflingers is pretty awesome too!

07-Dec-18
Muel power , there are a lot of black bears killed in my home town in eastern N.C. Hyde county, the world record was killed a couple counties over 884 LBS, several 780, and down, pm me and I can hook you up with a hunt a lot cheaper . over bait, I would go the first season in NOV, DEC season the big bears are nocturnal Forrest

08-Dec-18
If the want the BIGGEST bear(s), then, without question, you need to book a hunt with an outfitter in the inner banks of North Carolina - they have the largest black bears in the world and it'll cost you!

If you want an awesome bear hunting adventure with the very good chance of killing a monster, then you need to book with Lone Wolf.

08-Dec-18
I see no website for a Lone Wolf Outfitters in NC

08-Dec-18
All things considered, your best option is Vancouver Island for big black bears.

08-Dec-18
Lone Wolf is in Canada and consistently produces large bears. Inner banks of North Carolina (google for outfitters) has the largest black bears in world.

08-Dec-18
You can kill a giant in NJ! If you pick the right ridge, you can glass the skyline of NYC while you you wait for your urban King Kong to show hisself!

Look at some of the cam pics Shug has posted the last couple years. He killed a giant last year. The guy is also the bear whisperer....

Fly to Newark Airport and you are a $22 Uber ride from big as they grow bears!

Wilderness experience it ain't!!!

08-Dec-18
Don't know anything about their operation but have seen some videos of Hoards hunting camps and they were shooting bears between 500 and 700 lbs. I think that might be fall hunts also.

08-Dec-18

AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
I smell jelly doughnuts!
AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
I smell jelly doughnuts!
NJ is a sleeper state. Although drawing a tag limits you there are fatties like this roaming around. Some say there are now 900 pounders there. Like black Volkswagens moving through the woods!

08-Dec-18
I hear you Rich. But I live in Pennsylvania and we have bears like that too. OTC licenses too. But with no baiting and habitat that’s not conducive to glassing odds of killing a truly big boar aren’t that good. It’s just a roll of the dice. I’m looking for a hunt where I can make it happen.

08-Dec-18
You'll need points for Wisconsin, but it's worth the wait. Lots of public land up there you could diy. There are a few outfitters around running bait too. I drew this year with 8 points.

08-Dec-18
POW island...diy

08-Dec-18

Tracker's embedded Photo
Tracker's embedded Photo
For $102. for a NJ license and tag you can kill one of these. We hunted two days and killed 2 bears. And that NW part of NJ is some beautiful country to boot.

08-Dec-18
No bears left in NJ... Actually the new governor has put a damper on the hunt closing all state lands to bear hunting... Federal and Private are still huntable

13-Dec-18
TSOV it is! Those North Carolina hunts look great but the prices sure are high for a hunt where they haven’t invested time in bait or caring for hounds. I think a Canadian hunt will be a more enjoyable experience overall too. Thanks guys!

13-Dec-18
Mule Power , the hunt I told you about is baited , probably 4 months before, very costly . Forrest

13-Dec-18
Congrats Joe! Hope you have a great hunt. Thanks for taking us along on the selection ride, make sure you post up when your done and let us know how it goes.

13-Dec-18
Drahthaar I’m still interested in that. The bears down there are irresistible and it’s such an easy drive for me. I could drag the toy hauler down and provide my own accommodations to maybe bring the price down too. Plus they have seafood!

13-Dec-18

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

13-Dec-18
Rob, that boar is so big it has stretch marks!

13-Dec-18

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

01-Jan-19
Look no further than Outdoor Access for places to bear hunt in NC. I have no affiliation with the company other than being a paid member. I hunted two days in Pamlico County for $42/day and had a place to camp. Bear sign was everywhere but I got there the last few days of the season and the bears were nocturnal. Message me for more details.

Thanks, Dinny

01-Jan-19
Coastal BC has some huge bear and amazing scenery.

01-Jan-19
Kurt and Trina Treasure Hunter Lodge POW, AK

They kill big bears every year and camp is a boat! One of my favorite hunts ever!

02-Jan-19
Without a doubt Hyde county North Carolina no questions asked!!!

• Sitka Gear