Dale06 08-Dec-18
Trial153 08-Dec-18
Bou'bound 08-Dec-18
moosenelson 08-Dec-18
wildwilderness 09-Dec-18
WV Mountaineer 09-Dec-18
Ken Taylor 09-Dec-18
08-Dec-18
A local outfitter posted this picture claiming one of their hunters "killed" this deer and it was found right after it was shot. Don't get me wrong it's a hell of a buck, and shows they have quality deer on their ground, but just look at this thing. The neck, the stomach rotting away. I am almost insulted that they are claiming this buck only ran 40 yards after it was shot and was recovered the same day. Am I crazy ?? what do you all think ?

08-Dec-18
I would agree.

08-Dec-18

08-Dec-18

LukeMcKee's embedded Photo
LukeMcKee's embedded Photo

08-Dec-18
Well, I guess you need to know when it was shot? It could be a very beat up buck from fighting and chasing the girls.

08-Dec-18
@LBshooter it was posted on their site this week. As they are very active on social media and with a buck of this caliber I'd assume it was killed this week too

08-Dec-18
That`s the start of "green belly"....another way to tell is the eyes, they become dull and start to shrink into the socket as they start to dehydrate. Some "pro hunters" actually carry eye caps they put in deer that have been dead awhile for their pics.

08-Dec-18
Indiana is indeed a “sleeper” state. Heck of a buck!

08-Dec-18
That buck was laying there for days.

You wanted a second opinion and that's mine. FWIW

08-Dec-18
I do a lot of second opinions and I would tell you life is short don’t worry about it.

08-Dec-18
What he said^^

Great deer

08-Dec-18
Maybe they said It didn’t go 40 yards. All tv guys say that. They are implying that it only went 39 yards but it could have went 3 miles and they still aren’t lying because it didn’t go 40 yards, it actually went 5280 yards. This stuff won’t bother you as much if you just go out and shoot some bucks like this yourself.

08-Dec-18
Looks like roadkill. Definitely not a fresh deer.

08-Dec-18
Was gonna type same as genesis

08-Dec-18
been dead for quite a white, hair slipping, all of the above that was said

"Some "pro hunters" actually carry eye caps they put in deer that have been dead awhile for their pics. "

is the above serious? for real ?

08-Dec-18
Been dead a week or so. Odd though the coyotes didn’t eat it.

08-Dec-18
Looks tasty .....

08-Dec-18
Tough to say when it died but it had gone a couple weeks without a meal or a drink

08-Dec-18
Tongue hanging out........... Maybe not as old as guys think.

09-Dec-18
I notice most tv guys always wait til mid morning to recover any deer since the lightning is much better for filming. Footage and pictures is the most important thing for social media and marketing.

09-Dec-18
I don't know. Crows, ravens, blue jays, and bugs eat the eyes pretty quick. Even on deer not rotting.

09-Dec-18
No comment - I don't know what a deer in the advanced stages of CWD looks like... LOL!

• Sitka Gear