lewis 10-Dec-18
LiveOutdoors 10-Dec-18
BigOzzie 11-Dec-18
White Falcon 11-Dec-18
JLeMieux 11-Dec-18
Lee 13-Dec-18
Genesis 14-Dec-18
09-Dec-18
Shot this deer today in the water. Anyone ever hunt flooded timber?

09-Dec-18

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo

09-Dec-18
Common thing in the South

09-Dec-18
No

09-Dec-18
No blood trails would be extremely difficult. Congrats on getting it done though!

09-Dec-18
Craziest thing. Wading around looking for him and the back half of my arrow floted by.....

09-Dec-18
Was spring gobbler hunting with a kayak in flooded timber and manage to really upset a beaver. That tail was a weapon splashing and thrashing.

Good job on the recovery and then the arrow floating by. Nice deer BTW. Congratulations

09-Dec-18
Somehow I feel the meat on that will suffer.

09-Dec-18
What broadhead did you use?

09-Dec-18
Guessing a string tracker is necessary for a recovery.

09-Dec-18
Vortex!!! 23/4"

09-Dec-18
Yes, hence my handle

09-Dec-18
Jeff Arrow floated by before I found him. 60 yards away lol!

09-Dec-18
It would have been even cooler if the deer had floated by you instead of the arrow!!

09-Dec-18
Only for ducks, but I’ve seen some good deer in those flooded timber tracts of Arkansas.

09-Dec-18
For mallards, but not deer. I've hunted the river bottoms when all the sloughs were full though. Not the same thing but it does make for some different funnels.

09-Dec-18
Yup....common down south. Might be doing it myself in a couple of weeks or so for some hogs on FL. I got some pics somewhere of swamp walking in waders to the hunting spots.

10-Dec-18
Long story, but had to drown one once wounded and jumped into a creek when I was out of arrows...

10-Dec-18

Straight —» Arrow's embedded Photo
Straight —» Arrow's embedded Photo
for sure...

10-Dec-18
Yep I grew up hunting in Florida low country of South Carolina plus went to college in the Ms delta congrats on the nice buck the floating arrow really added to the story Lewis

10-Dec-18
Maybe a stupid question but would it be considered hunting from water and shooting a deer in the water? I know its not a physical body of water on a map. Just curious as how it could be looked at. I know in most states its illegal to shoot a deer in water.

Not trying to stir the pot just a question.

11-Dec-18
illegal to shoot a deer in the water? I have heard illegal to shoot a swimming deer but "in the water" would be a stretch.

oz

11-Dec-18

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
Most of the winter where I hunt.

11-Dec-18
Very, very common down south. If you take the trail up pretty quickly you can follow the bubbles. Often times there is enough vegetation or dry ground to pick up blood here and there. I've never heard of the meat being affected if recovered in a reasonable amount of time.

13-Dec-18
Used to hunt them all the time in the river swamps of coastal GA. Dang easy to float out!

Lee

14-Dec-18
Lots of it.Slipping into some hip boots in the morning to wade into my tree stand.I could kill a limit of woodies from the stand if I had enough arrows.

• Sitka Gear