Cazador's embedded Photo
What you think? Could see arrow hanging out pretty far back exit side

Photo clarity looks bad once posted.

10-Dec-18

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo

10-Dec-18
Yep, the pictures are not clear enough to make any kind of comment as to your question and the arrow hanging out really doesn't help either. Was the shot taken form the ground or tree and how was the deer standing and distance?

10-Dec-18
I'd guess so. All those lots of little splatters look like posterior lung hits I've had besides the color, which I'd say looks arterial/lung.

10-Dec-18
Deer seemed to be broadside at the shot from a tree may have it forward.

10-Dec-18
whatever it is from follow it for as long as it lasts

10-Dec-18

Cazador's Link
I hear you Bou. Still walking. Blood looks dark. Head scratcher.

10-Dec-18
I humbly suggest walking slow and always look ahead to see if you can spot the bedded animal before it spots you and takes off.

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Wow, that was a total bust. Youtube smoked my account. I had a bunch of videos lined up WTH. I guess they don't like bloodtrails?

There was a "take away" from what I was trying to show. Here is the obvious.

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
This deer was what I thought completly broadside when I shot at 12 yds. After the shot, I figured a touch forward, but in the pocket. I saw the deer go down, so hence (those who saw video before it was pulled) the talking to myself.

Here is the entrance on a broadside shot.

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
So this particular deer had been chasing off almost a dozen bucks over the last hour. That lone doe, had every buck in the county after her.

After he was down, two of the bucks bristled up, and were standing over him, not unlike a tom turkey after one has just been arrowed.

Look at the exit on this broadside shot.

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
I thought it was interesting, as I've arrowed a few animals over the years, and what I saw, vs. reality were polar opposites. Add a bit more darkness to the scenario, no blood? "Perfect shot" dad, uncle, cousin.

I'm still ticked that youtube pulled the videos as I had some pretty cool stuff. Instead, this.

One of the bucks that was standing over the dead one ready to crush him. I called him over to the decoy and have him on video getting nervous about the bloodtrail from the previous deer.

10-Dec-18
I had a "perfect shot" on a doe a couple years ago that ended up being a clean miss. Man did my eyes and ears fool me on that one. Good lesson....I'm with ya. Until autopsy time I go with the available facts and trust no speculation or hunches.

10-Dec-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Again, sorry for the lame epic fail!

10-Dec-18
I shot a deer a few years ago in OK, the deer was following a doe at about 40 yards. He was mostly broadside, his right side facing me. I stopped him with a mouth grunt. He went 30-40 yards and piled up. The arrow entered on left side front part left shoulder and exited mid body on his right side. Until I walked up to him I would said it was impossible to hit him on left side of body. Still to this day I can’t figure out that shot.

10-Dec-18
Congrats on the deer. I have several blood trail vids on Youtube and maybe some worse. If you loaded them as "Public" vs "Unlisted"...someone may have complained?

• Sitka Gear