Duke 10-Dec-18
Bob Hildenbrand 10-Dec-18
Bowriter 10-Dec-18
Bowriter 10-Dec-18
Bou'bound 10-Dec-18
10-Dec-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Just came from a taxidermy sop, saw this non-typ killed in Oct. To avoid any negative comments, I shall not name hunter or location killed. It was a bow kill-fair chase. I feel sure, someone will have something negative to say.

10-Dec-18
I don’t like the triple brow tine!!

10-Dec-18
Beautiful buck... Thanks for sharing...

10-Dec-18
Great buck, congrats to the lucky hunter.

10-Dec-18
His name is attached to the deer.

10-Dec-18
Brows rock,just needed two more years on the drop tine.....

10-Dec-18
Too wide for me

10-Dec-18
The title of the thread wasn't illusive enough

10-Dec-18
That buck has too many points!

10-Dec-18
Ends of the main beams are stunted.

10-Dec-18
Too much mass for me.

10-Dec-18
"nice" ?

that's what, a 220s type buck ? once in a lifetime !!

10-Dec-18
He needed another year.

10-Dec-18
We call that a cull buck in Iowa.

10-Dec-18
Imagine how big he'd have been had they had mandatory APR.

10-Dec-18
Gotta stupid grin on his face. Damn rack won’t fit in my room.

10-Dec-18
Great deer but backdrop sucks

10-Dec-18
Clearly the taxidermist attempted to correct the droopy ears. You can still tell though.

10-Dec-18
Very nice buck, is it a "shooter," a "Mac Daddy," a "Freak Nasty," or something new I don't even know about? Oh and did the hunter "smoke" that Joker or give him a "dirt nap?" LOL

10-Dec-18
Beautiful buck and that is a real nice job the taxidermist did also.

10-Dec-18
I don’t like the ceiling at the taxidermy shop. It should be painted. Looks like a crossbow kill. It was probably killed on leased land with a vortex.

10-Dec-18
Great buck. Was this buck killed in TN?

10-Dec-18
nice deer for sure Some only wish of a deer like that

10-Dec-18
Heard the guy shot it off his back porch while drinking coffee in his Sitka skivvies with a Rage broadhead at 120 yards with his selfbow! Got a full pass thru busting both shoulder blades and the arrow buried up the fletchings in a 3’ diameter hickory tree 50 yards past where that buck was standing!

Hell of a buck! Congratulations to the hunter on a deer of a lifetime!

10-Dec-18
Treeline, you were close but missed the rage part. It was a single lunger. Found it with birds. Coyotes got the meat, but he got the horns!

10-Dec-18
Great buck if it was taken with a Vortex Broadhead. If any other head was used the buck can't be legit. Have to keep the sponsor's happy!

10-Dec-18

This'un aint bad, either. I believe this one is KY.

10-Dec-18
Stunning!!

10-Dec-18
Both beautiful bucks, thanks for sharing. Forrest

10-Dec-18
That one is named Ric Flair for the bleach blonde cape

10-Dec-18
John...to the best of my recollection, you have never posted anything that wasn't crossbow or firearm related. Crossbow kill? A trophy of a lifetime none the less.

10-Dec-18
Wish my taxi was that fast....

10-Dec-18
U's guy's are killing me.. To funny,, thanks for the laugh ... :)

10-Dec-18
I did not kill either of these, as far as I know, they are both bow kills. And just for the record, I have posted many bow kills. Also for the record, in my opinion, what the deer is killed with does not in any way, dimminish the deer or the hunter. 95% of deer hunters of all equipment, never even see a deer like either of these, let alone, kill one. And for the record, my largest buck ever was a bow kill, not a gun or crossbow kill.

Just setting the record straight.

10-Dec-18
Nice bucks both, can't think of anything negative I'd want to say even if they weren't. Don't care if somebody ran over them with a bicycle, still nice bucks. Oh wait, I didn't get to eat any steaks off 'em. That's as close as I can get. Thanks John.....

10-Dec-18
OPB, man. -Like an old Naughty by Nature song! Other People's Bucks.

10-Dec-18
John posted: And for the record, my largest buck ever was a bow kill, not a gun or crossbow kill. John...we might have you turning the corner brother. At least now you are beginning to differentiate between crossbow kills and (archery) bow kills. There is hope for you my friend. Best of the Holidays to you sir.

10-Dec-18
Elkmo-A lot depends on how fast the tannery works. I asked about this same thing. This man works 100% with tanned hides and has great turn-around. He has a small staff-three people and they work long hours. I was shooting pictures for a story on proper caping and they did four in about 30-minutes including turning ears and splitting lips. One man was just boxing capes to go to tannery and they had 11 heads in cold storage, waiting. They have a woman comes in on weekends who does finishing and painting. Estimated they will do about 300 whitetail this year.

10-Dec-18
Bob H-Not in my mind. Still have to get them under 40-yards-for me at least. But for the record, since I was forced to start using a crossbow, I have only killed three bucks, the largest just about 125. During that same period, I have killed three with a firearm, one by mistake. I have 19 animals that meet or exceed one record book or another, most bow kills, minimums. I have sent none of them in. Antlers or horns, no longer mean a thing to me other than their beauty. Method of take, means nothing to me except when it involves feeders and cameras or high-fence. If it is fair chase, as far as I am concerned, it is deer hunting. From my viewpoint, I have seen the future of hunting go down the crapper, in a large part, due to trophyism and television. When you combine that with shrinking huntable habitat, you have a recipe for disaster. Just my opinion.

For most of the last three-decades, I have worked hard to promote hunting in general and bowhunting in particular. Now, I find myself defending both in general and bowhunting in particular. I am opinionated, outspoken and abrasive. I make no excuses. I am old and find a way of life I loved becoming extinct, killed by the same ones who purport to support it. Unfortunately, I count myself among the most guilty.

10-Dec-18
let me warn you there are 14 states where that deer would not be welcome for a very good reasons but I am not going to tell you where or why.

• Sitka Gear