Turtle 17-Dec-18
Turtle 17-Dec-18
katyciarawriter 17-Dec-18
SoDakSooner 17-Dec-18
craig@work 17-Dec-18
Busta'Ribs 18-Dec-18
Mad Trapper 19-Dec-18
11-Dec-18
Over the summer I started shooting with a Carter (chocolate) handheld release, and now that it has turned cold my hand is freezing in deer the stand. I am wondering who uses a glove with their hand held thumb release, and which glove they selected and why. thanks is advance;....... turtle

11-Dec-18
I use a thin merino or similar glove on my release hand and a glomitt on my bow hand. Release stays on the D loop and my release hand stays in my pocket until I'm ready to draw the bow.

11-Dec-18
I've used merino and fingerless but 90% of time if its cod just merino I hate gloves but there just enough with hands in a mit

11-Dec-18
Seems like I am still in search of the perfect glove. Any glove I have used has never given me any issues when shooting with my hand held release. I will put gloves and hat/mask on that I hunt with and shoot a few arrows at my target to make sure all works well.

11-Dec-18
I always practice with gloves on, and always hunt with them on. But most of my hunting is not cold weather.

Sitka Ascent Glove is like second skin. My go-to in mild/moderate temps. Actually seems to cool my hand, so when it's colder out I use Traverse Glove. Most of my hunting is active so usually I don't need a warmer glove. Both provide great dexterity to hold bow & shoot with.

Could use either of these inside your pocket or a removable mitten, or add a handwarmer into the Traverse when it's colder or you're not moving.

11-Dec-18
I just got the first lite talus gloves. They only had XL so I shrunk them. I think they might fit the bill perfectly!

11-Dec-18
Light merino glove on both hands. When it's cold I use same gloves and use hot hands in my pockets.

11-Dec-18
I dont use a thumb release, but a regular release.

Always shoot with gloves. Weather dependant. Even train with bulky Kuiu glove system, including the Yukon water proof gloves.

11-Dec-18
I use a thin Kuiu merino.

17-Dec-18
Thank you all for all your responses. Definitely great advice to practice with whichever glove you plan to wear. Thanks again..... Turtle

17-Dec-18
Thank you all for all your responses. Definitely great advice to practice with whichever glove you plan to wear. Thanks again..... Turtle

17-Dec-18

katyciarawriter's Link
Hey [url=www.google.com]Information[/url]

17-Dec-18
I use a muff for treestand hunting. I do use gloves to glass but will take them off if I have the opportunity before shooting. That said, my glove of choice is a KUIU merino, with the lightest shell they have. I wear those elk hunting till it warms up in the am.

17-Dec-18
I use brown jersey gloves. A pack cost maybe $10. I never shoot without them on. I practice like I hunt. In cold weather I use a hand muff warmer.

18-Dec-18
I hunt in cold weather and shoot a release that demands the thinnest gloves so I really struggle with this too. This year I tried the Sitka Merino glove and got it one size smaller than normal (I bought it in medium) and it worked so good I bought two more pair (they were on sale after Thanksgiving). It's perfect on my shooting hand by itself and great as a liner for my bow hand under another heavier glove. I keep my shooting hand in a pocket with a handwarmer and limit the amount of time my hand is out of the pocket and I'm good, even on the coldest days. I do use a heavier glove to access and climb in/out of my stand though.

19-Dec-18
Good advice above. I use Kuiu merino or silk glove liners. Used the silk glove liners in high arctic and they worked well. When hunting above zero temps, I use a pair that I have cut the thumb out of. I use a thumb trigger release, but trigger with back tension. Cutting the thumb out ensures that my thumb is placed in the same position everytime.

• Sitka Gear