BK 12-Dec-18
Tennhunter 12-Dec-18
Bigdan 12-Dec-18
SDHNTR(home) 12-Dec-18
TEmbry 12-Dec-18
SDHNTR(home) 13-Dec-18
Cazador 19-Dec-18
12-Dec-18
Decided to apply for POW, AK for a fall bear hunt along the salmon streams, who else is applying?

12-Dec-18
Did that hunt oooo about 10 yrs ago now I’m guessing when everything was over the counter and you could drive into your areas to hunt what a great place but had no idea you had to put into a draw to hunt it now I knew you could no longer drive and hunt, good luck !!

12-Dec-18
Actually, I think you can drive and hunt now as well. That was changed when they started limiting the number of tags.

12-Dec-18
Thorne Bay Lodge was where we stayed, not sure if the same people own it but great folks if so, Kengie was the guys name at the time with your cabin rental they provided a truck and also had a top notch skinning shed with freezers and he would put crab pots out for you so when you returned all you could eat seafood really was a great trip now you’ve got me looking into applying for a tag to go back, I’ve killed several black bears but my biggest came from there.

12-Dec-18
I was going to but it looks like you have to buy a $160 license to apply not just the $5 anymore

12-Dec-18
I’m thinking about it, and would love to for spring bear, but I cannot find what I’m looking for. Are there any boat based transporters offering hunts on Prince of Wales, like they do on Kodiak island? That’s what I want. Stay on the boat, with the ability to be mobile, and hunt the bays DIY out of skiffs. Fishing/crabbing too. Is anyone aware of such an operation on POW?

12-Dec-18
If you go boat based through an outfitter you don’t need to apply, the guides in that area lobbied the state to give them registration tags for their clients, only DIY guys need to apply.

13-Dec-18
TEmbry, That’s too bad. No, I don’t want an outfitter. I just want a boat based transporter for logistics and base camp. Does that exist on POW? Lots of options like this on Kodiak and even Prince William sound, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be many, at least not advertised publicly, on POW.

19-Dec-18
I'm in. Will be there this year as well.

• Sitka Gear