3arrows 13-Dec-18
ROUGHCOUNTRY 13-Dec-18
powder 13-Dec-18
Topgun 30-06 13-Dec-18
TD 13-Dec-18
T Mac 13-Dec-18
bigswivle 13-Dec-18
12-Dec-18
I shot one of my biggest bucks to date back on November 23. We have been chasing this buck for 6 years. I wanted to send the tooth out to get aged. I went on DeerAge.com ordered a kit and submitted all required info and payment. I get my email back and tracking information and wait for package. It was supposed to be delivered last Thursday so when i hadn’t received it by Friday i checked the tracking info and it said it had been delivered and was at the mailbox, however the location was MA, not CT. I double checked the info that I had supplied to them and everything was correct. I immediately called and emailed them. I did not receive a reponse. So since then, i have been calling and emailing them two to 3 times per day and still have no response from them. Save your money what a waste. Glad i only did the $33 one and not the expedited $57. Worst customer service ever. When you call there is only an answering machine and a loop. You are never able to speak to a real person.

12-Dec-18
Weird. I’ve had great luck with them. I didn’t order a kit from them though. Just printed the forms and mailed the teeth in

12-Dec-18
How long ago was that? They have been under new ownership since April. seems like the new ownership is driving their good name into the ground, The only way to send in now is through online orders.

12-Dec-18
Definitely not a scam. I've used them many times. My guess is they printed the wrong address and they'll get it figured out. Mistakes happen, calm down.

12-Dec-18
I got my kit shortly after I ordered it. No complaints on my end but I feel your pain.

12-Dec-18
I agree mistakes happen, however not a single return phone call or email in over a week is not acceptble by anyone’s standards. My payment went through immediately shocker. I now have deer teeth sitting in my refridgerator for over 3 weeks that are starting to smell. No idea if i can freeze them or if I should do something to try to preserve them, if they are even any good anymore. It’s an issue on their end that needs to be rectified, however griz if I am unable to reach anyone, then they can’t fix it correct? Maybe since they are a bowsite sponser, then they can answer themselves on here.

12-Dec-18
The teeth are fine, it doesn't matter how long they sit in your fridge. What I'm trying to say is they are a small company, things happen. I know from experience, I did this same thing a few years ago. I had a problem with a product and couldn't get ahold of them for several days so I blasted them on a forum. Turned out there were some personal family issues that caused them to be out of the office.

12-Dec-18
Maybe not getting back to you in a week is not the best customer services in the world. Maybe they are trying to figure out which one the multiple emails each day you sent to reply to. I would say it is a over reaction on your part to start a thread calling a company a scam because a address got enter incorrectly and they are little slow responding to your plethora of emails. Typical reaction from people from the North East. Not all but to many...

12-Dec-18
Ha ha you guys are funny. Not! And over a week to get back to someone, sorry that’s not an over reaction, that’s shitty service. I paid For for a product almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive word from them or the product i requested. Easy colorado, everything is slo-mo for you guys. You must have responding From your pot break. And John i get that however not sure how your job works, but i know that if it was mine, if there is an issue and i was out of the office, Information would be left on my VM. Then people will know someone will get back to them. I know if I didn’t and someone was trying to get ahold of me for over a week, I’d be out of a job.

12-Dec-18
There is a long gap between poor customer services and a company that is a scam. One week is a short period of time not to get a response and resort to going on internet and calling someones company a scam. A lot of time, sweat and money goes into owning a small business.

A thread stating you are having trouble getting a hold them and explaining the circumstance and asking for suggestions to get a hold them would have been appropriate. "DeerAge.com a scam!" as a title of a thread is not IMO.

12-Dec-18
So John... in your opinion an appropriate time should be 2 weeks, 3 weeks a month. When is an acceptable time to consider paying for a product and not receiving It with no response after repeated attempts to have the situation rectified be considered scammed out of your money? Just curious. Sorry not hard to put a message up if there was family issue etc as you state or an alternate contact person. Trust me I get it a lot of time, sweat and money goes into owning a small Business. Hence customer service is king. Rule #1- “Customer is always right”. Rule #2 if you think at any point the customer is wrong refer back to rule 1. Do what you guys want I don’t really care. You guys should order 50 kits. I’m just trying to save you guys from making the same mistake I did.

12-Dec-18
I’ve dealt with Heather a lot and the service has always been above and beyond. They sent me a certificate for my last deer and I posted a pic of it with my deer on Instagram. There was a grammatical error(I saw it but it wasn’t a big deal) she saw it and mailed me a new one with a note apologizing... without so much as asking if it was necessary. It took about 2 weeks to get my package from them and there was a note saying sorry for the delay but something along the lines of they weren’t working around thanksgiving. No big deal. My teeth were just sitting in an envelope on the shelf. My buddy’s were still in his jaw sitting in the shed. I popped them out, put them in an envelope and finally, got around to shopping them all out today. I’m sorry you are having problems but I’m sure it will be made right.

12-Dec-18
As far as teeth sitting around. I often send mine out months later, after all seasons are closed.

12-Dec-18
This info needs to be posted on the website then. I was under the impression if the roots were dead or something they were not useable. Do you know if it is possible for me to put them in the freezer, before my wife throws them in the trash.

12-Dec-18
"Rule #1- “Customer is always right”. Rule #2 if you think at any point the customer is wrong refer back to rule 1"

Ha that's funny! I will tell you one thing from running a small business. The customer is almost NEVER right. I give great customer service, but also have a spine. Many times they will say things that are not true, and fib on what happened. I dont need peoples business that create problems and headaches.

As far as your situation, give it a little time. People expect things immediately and instant results. Yes they should email or call you back to let you know what's going on. Think you may need some Colorado smoke to ease your mind. Prolly help alot. Good luck

12-Dec-18
Some people will buy anything. This is why scams like this exist

12-Dec-18
If you have been after this buck for 6 years how old must it be? Sorry but I had to ask as I really doubt you been chasing it since it was a button buck. I shot a buck this year that had the most roman nose I'd ever seen on a deer in our area and I figured 6.5 but probably off.

12-Dec-18
What a scam her getting married. I hope Silverado can survive not know his deer's age for a whole extra week! Probably for the best he got to wait to find out his deer was only 2.5 years old.

12-Dec-18
First off, clean the teeth off and they won't stink. Put them in some Hydrogen Peroxide and it'll dissolve off the organic material. Then finish with a 1:10 bleach solution and it'll kill off any remaining odor-causing bacteria. Have you tried sealing them in something like tupperware so they don't give off odor?

Secondly, 3 emails a day? You really need to chill out. You definitely have cause for complaint not hearing back after a week, but you're blowing it out of proportion. It's a $33 dollar service, it's the busiest time of year for them, it's almost Christmas, and they're a small business. How do you know someone didn't just have emergency surgery or something? They're not a scam. Everyone sends their teeth there. Calling Deerage.com a scam is like claiming Dairy Queen doesn't serve ice cream anymore because you rolled up to one and they were closed.

12-Dec-18
Well^^^^^^^^she will probably be happy when she gets back......or not.

I've used them two or three times, the service is slow, but I'm cheap and don't mind waiting. No problems for me.

12-Dec-18
I think the OP is making a mountain out of a molehill asking for a response within one week on something like this based on his comments. Chill out man and read that response Pat got back from Heather!

12-Dec-18
I literally JUST returned from the Post Office, having just mailed some teeth to them to be aged. I filled out the forms last week, and got my kit this Monday. I'll be watching this closely....and will post my outcome by years end. So far, I see no reason to be concerned. However, I do know of one other individual that has had some difficulty since the change of ownership.....but that is a function of having to do things differently from the previous method. People tend to be resistant to change.....

12-Dec-18
Take a breath....Double check the email address your using

12-Dec-18
I would expect some kind of response from them at least we’re looking into it or a auto response that said will be out of the office ! And you have never been to stew lenards the largest dairy store in the world the customer is always right ! Will be keeping a eye on this myself . Steve

12-Dec-18
I don’t know who’s right or wrong but what i want is to have David’s problems. Life would be good if getting beater service on the age of a great buck registered that high on my life’s issues list.

12-Dec-18
Your deer isn't getting any older at this point, what's the hurry?

12-Dec-18
I doubt there are many "tooth emergencies " so i would cut them some slack.

If I were them though i would kindly refund you your money and tell you to shove it . I know it's frustrating in the day and age we live in with the ability to access things so fast, but to start a thread about it being a scam is over the top imo.

12-Dec-18
I got my kit in Michigan in two days after filling out the info and paying on line. Simple easy. I will be sending in my teeth later this week.

12-Dec-18
Pure entertainment lol

12-Dec-18
Where did Silverado go? I bet he is filling more like a chevy S-10 now!

12-Dec-18
He is at work saving lives !

12-Dec-18
When I get a tooth pulled I never want to see the damn thing again or know what happened to it! For what its worth, I'm 55 and going down hill. I'll never sport the horn I once did.

12-Dec-18
Man John you have a big mouth bud. Sorry not sorry, not that difficult to put auto reply for email on or leave a Vm message stating out of office. I spoke with her, she will rectify the situation. Funny how a week trying to get through to her and no response. One post like this and an email from Pat gets this resolved. For all of your that obviously can’t understand what the emergency is or what the issue was, I will speak s.l.o.w.l.y - the issue and urgency was that my kit that I paid for was shipped to the incorrect address and sitting at someone else’s house stating that it had been delivered via usps. I had not way to contact this company except the 2 avenues that they had listed, if I’m unable to reach someone, how are they going to know there is an issue to address. The Vm stated days and hours of operation. I contacted them several times over the course of the week and reached a dead end except a loop from their answering machine. To try and relay the message. All i needed was someone to say out of the office Til so and so, we will send new kit then. Not a big issue, but instead Nothing stating out of the office or any other reason for them not to pick up. Sorry that’s unacceptable. Somehow I’m in the wrong. Oh we’ll at least i got an answer Thanks pat.

12-Dec-18
Ridiculous thread title. I hope you apologized to her for ruining her honeymoon.

12-Dec-18
You're in the wrong for the thread title. You are correct, auto reply or an outgoing message could have prevented the situation. But calling their operation a scam on a public forum is misleading and puts you in the wrong. You could have started a thread asking about getting in contact with them and would've probably reached the same outcome without looking the way you now do.

12-Dec-18
If I ever get a tooth pulled, I'll send it in to see how accurate they are. About when do your adult teeth show up?

Silverado, did you actually kill a deer in CT?

12-Dec-18
I guess the OP is perfect in every way shape and form and figures everyone else has to be too! One friggin week with several emails and phone calls everyday about a damn tooth for God sakes! Now the OP still says he has a big problem with the situation. To come on and start a thread calling the firm scammers is way over the top and it appears none of the members that have had good service are siding with the OP. If the OP has been chasing this buck for 6 years, that would mean the animal would have to be close to double digits in age because he sure wouldn't have a been a great buck without having several years before the OP started after him for six years. Now when the firm ages the buck and comes back with their results the OP will probably say that's wrong!

12-Dec-18
Big mouth says the guy that started this thread LOL - - I don't know how you are so dense you can not see the difference between a type-O on a mailing label and a little slow response time versus Scam. A scam is a dishonest scheme or fradulent activities. Like trying to swindle old people out of their money. The lady got married and probably went on a honeymoon. Give her the benefit of doubt. Weddings can be super crazy time. Forgetting to put a out of office message on voice mail email is not the end of world.

Calling someones small business a scam on the internet in front of a bunch of potential customers is not much worse than calling someones wife a whore. I don't know how you can't see that. There certainly a time and place for that but this did not come close to that.

12-Dec-18
No one is saying you shouldn't have been upset. Everyone is saying you overreacted! You threw a temper tantrum. You acted like a victim. Usually if everyone tells you that you are wrong it's time for some self reflection. That's how you grow as a person, not by digging your heels in and insisting you are right. That's what a teenager does.

12-Dec-18
I see the problem the OP is complaining about. So do the rest of you. Could the title been worded better to fit the situation? Yes. Does he have a gripe? Yes he most certainly does. Funny how people forget how it feels to be on the short end of things.

It’s obvious he has grown upset with the lack of effort by the owner to think of doing the right thing for her business. By simply advertising such time off through instant email reply and the answering machine.

Being a small business owner myself, I know what it takes to make them work. I’m not perfect and there are people I’ve dealt with that will tell you that. In the few instances that hard feelings were expressed, I could tell you I was responsible for those feelings in them all, except one. There is a whole bunch if people that will tell you how good of s person I am. How honest and trustworthy I am. Etc.... But, I could have handled the situations that caused hard feelings more professionally. The same could be said here.

Silverado, cut them some slack. Everyone else, do him the same. Nothing infuriates people more then to be made to feel irrelevant. And it’s easier to do that then you think.

12-Dec-18
WV, I get what you're saying, and I agree.....up to a point. The problem, as I see it, is the OP is digging in and won't admit that calling their operation a scam is wrong. Inept, not paying attention, poor customer service, ok mabe so, but not a scam. And, the gratuitous name calling of those who disagree with him is certainly not needed. USPS just might be the reason he didn't get his kit on time. I've had the gubment run-around at the post office more than once. Tracking says the package is at the post office, they say it's not. Then they find it and never even say their sorry. Been there, done that.

12-Dec-18
Mail was mislead, so was the thread title. We’re all even?

12-Dec-18
Forgot im a mind reader that should have known this is a small business owned by a woman who was on her honeymoon and that she was the only one who worked there. I must have missed that on the webpage. lol. As I stated , she is making this right. So I will stand corrected, unfortunately I cannot change my thread title so i will say DeerAge.com had bad customer service, that is improving with guidance from the new owner. Hopefully there will be a positive outcome and I can create another post giving rave reviews and calling this a big misunderstanding...... however hopefully it is a learning experience for all that more communication is better in a customer service based operation. Thanks WV for at least seeing my side.

12-Dec-18
Relax...It went to the wrong address and you had $33 invested. Not seeing the emergency here, dude. Agree with Pat, it’s not a biopsy your waiting on.

I don’t disagree that an out of the office message wouldnt have helped but holy chit, chill.

12-Dec-18
The people at DeerAge.com probably thought it was a scam when they saw the package request was from Connecticut. They check Bowsite and are familiar with CT. Live hunts.

12-Dec-18
LOL!

12-Dec-18
Doh! Ambush FTW!

13-Dec-18
Lol Ambush!!!!

Wv mountaineer summmed it up well.

You could always try Matson labs.

13-Dec-18
The selling of a small business always puts up a red flag for me. Trashing someone on the net is childish however.

13-Dec-18
WVx2

13-Dec-18
Sad to say that I had this same personality disorder as the OP at one point in time......glad I grew up and got over it.

13-Dec-18
Hmmm... I missed the entire arc of introduction, conflict, mystery, denouement, moral statement and contrition.

Deer Dentin Opera n type.

13-Dec-18
That was hilarious Ambush.

13-Dec-18
Should have been deleted

13-Dec-18
I just sent three sets into Matson's Laboraory in Manhattan, Montana. Up to five sets for 75.00 and any additional are like 12.50 per animal. Competition is good and it keeps everyone honest. Hopefully an isolated incident/mistake and they make you whole.

13-Dec-18
Bang on Silverado all you want but there is no doubt that this is terrible customer service and hopefully Heather will learn something from this thread. First off DeerAge sent it to the wrong place, not good service but accidents happen and im sure anybody can understand that. Secondly and most important is the customer tried 2 different ways to make contact for a week and was not successful. Having a one person business and taking off for any amount time for any reason and not simply taking literally 1 minute to change your answering machine message is a complete failure. Think about this, It sure didn't take her long to get back to pat did it? Do I think deer age is a scam? Nope! Do I think Silverado was out of line? Nope! Charge a man money and he pays it, its not unreasonable to think that he should not have to come to a forum that the business sponsors to get communication!

13-Dec-18
From: powder 13-Dec-18 Bang on Silverado all you want but there is no doubt that this is terrible customer service and hopefully Heather will learn something from this thread. First off DeerAge sent it to the wrong place, not good service but accidents happen and im sure anybody can understand that. Secondly and most important is the customer tried 2 different ways to make contact for a week and was not successful. Having a one person business and taking off for any amount time for any reason and not simply taking literally 1 minute to change your answering machine message is a complete failure. Think about this, It sure didn't take her long to get back to pat did it? Do I think deer age is a scam? Nope! Do I think Silverado was out of line? Nope! Charge a man money and he pays it, its not unreasonable to think that he should not have to come to a forum that the business sponsors to get communication!

***Have you ever made a mistake in your life? Yes, somewhere there was a screwup, but we don't even know that it was the fault of the business owner that the package got to the wrong address. The OP started calling and sending several emails after the package didn't get to him on last Friday and we have no idea if the business is open on weekends. If i'ts only a one or two person operation, that leaves just 2 or 3 days this week before he got a response and it happened after Pat sent her an email and that may have just been a coincidence since it sounds like she just returned from her honeymoon. Yes, it's too bad she didn't leave a message to that effect, but maybe she did and it somehow got screwed up and didn't work. I can't believe that a person would come so quickly on the internet like the OP did over something so trivial and accuse the business of being a scam after just a few days! Shame on him and anyone else that comes on here that doesn't feel that he went way over board doing what he did!

13-Dec-18
I'm gonna guess this isn't their main career...... it's a part time gig, something they do when they have the time? You know, after they finish what they do for a living..... family issues (new family! congrats! go make a branch!) health, whatever. They probably should have left some kind of message as to being out of contact, but honestly...... who would have thought aging a deer tooth was a life and death matter....

Good grief. Some folks, I think their head would explode if they lived in Hawaii....... manini they call this, small kine stuff.... on a scale of 1 to 10..... you can't even see the needle wriggle.....

13-Dec-18
Sent to wrong address-mistake

Not having an outgoing email message saying you are out office-not good business practice

Not having message on machine stating out of office-not good business practice

Business is a scam- a bit exaggerated

We all make mistakes and hopefully Heather learns from hers or she will have trouble staying afloat as there seems to be marketplace competition.

13-Dec-18
Let’s just chalk this up to a big misunderstanding and lock this thing.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear