ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Lots A Bone!
Lots A Bone!
ElkNut Guys!
ElkNut Guys!
Well another ElkNut Gathering has come & gone & we had a blast. Had Beer, a few Cocktails & Pizza then sat around the shops woodstove & all told our individual elk hunts & how it went down, these guys are awesome & had some great stories of this years hunts, I always learn something from them! The photos are from 7 of the 9 bulls we took this year!

The ElkNut Trophy was passed from Tyler to Jerry this year for the biggest bull taken, he grossed 294" & 2nd place was 284" -- Good times!

ElkNut/Paul

13-Dec-18

13-Dec-18
Great job, guys! Sounds like a big time was had at the annual Elk Nut Party!

13-Dec-18
Whocares- We do

Paul, I must have missed the announcement ( grin )

13-Dec-18
Thanks guys, you bet it was a ton of fun visiting with these guys, every story was different, there's so many ways to put elk down & these guys get it done year after year.

GregE, I'll have to check the invite list! (big grin)

ElkNut/Paul

13-Dec-18
Looks like a great time Paul! Wish I coulda been there, alot of knowledge in that room. Awesome bulls and congrats to you guys for getting it done!

13-Dec-18
I do not always agree with everything Paul writes, but there should be no doubt he is a skilled and knowledgeable hunter that has passed it on to many others. He has my respect and I care. Congratulations Paul. I hope your 2019 celebration is even bigger.

13-Dec-18
Looks like a good time!!

13-Dec-18
Just received your Playbook, Paul, and look forward to reading it over winter. Congrats on another great year.

14-Dec-18
Congrats to the crew. Another great season in the books. Glad you guys were able to get together to rehash and relive the hunts. Lots of nice dark horned bulls in there. Thanks for your input on the Bowsite.

14-Dec-18
My, My , you guys get it done, outstanding!

14-Dec-18
Love the dark racks! Well done boys

14-Dec-18
Thank you gents! I guess it's no secret we hunt the Dark Timber! (grin) It's our favorite style although these days much of it borders lots of burn areas! For us, calling is king in the dark stuff! Thank you!

ElkNut/Paul

14-Dec-18

Burn Area
Burn Area
Clayton, the smaller guy called this bull in for Colby, the bull traveled 400 yards from the timber to this opening. It was tough for the 6'6" 285# man to hide next to a burnt toothpick awaiting his 40 yard shot! He did it though! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

14-Dec-18
Nice!

looks like fun times Paul!

Mark

14-Dec-18
Celebrating a job well done!

Great work, Gentlemen!

14-Dec-18
Congrats on some great trophies!

14-Dec-18

294"
294"
Thanks!

As we've seen in the past; photos can be deceiving, for instance look at the winners (Jerry) photo, it's the far right in above photo with the guys in it. In that photo it looks smaller than it is. Now look at the field photo, notice it looks bigger! That's the bull scoring 294" gross. The field photo shows off the size much better!

ElkNut/Paul

14-Dec-18
Nicely done Paul and crew!

17-Dec-18
Hey Brian, thank you!

ElkNut/Paul

17-Dec-18
Well done everyone! Congrats on another good year.

17-Dec-18
Great bulls! Congrats!

18-Dec-18
Well Done!

Congrats 'Team Elknut1'

Good luck, Robb

18-Dec-18
Thank you guys! -- I can't believe how quick the years are going by, it seems like we just had the last one a few months back! The older I get the quicker time is flashing by!

Happy Holidays you guys!

ElkNut/Paul

• Sitka Gear