TREESTANDWOLF 26-Jan-19
Bou'bound 26-Jan-19
Kilduff18 27-Jan-19
13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
Big bears can’t be faked!
TSI's embedded Photo
Big bears can’t be faked!
Another year has gone by and was indeed a year I won’t soon forget.I thought I’d post a roundup of the last year.2017 was our best year to date and I would never have thought 2018 would set new records.Many great memories and achievements to post so I’ll start with some outstanding Bears taken by new and longtime patrons.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Early on in the year news came that Paul Piccano had his monster bear he took with TSI aired and that his bear officially scored 21 1/16 placing it alltime top 5 for bow in NB.Congrats to Paul.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Marks 470lb TSI giant that scored 20 13/16
TSI's embedded Photo
Marks 470lb TSI giant that scored 20 13/16
We also found out that Mark Tedescos giant his second in a row at that point scored 21 0/16 right ahead of his 20 13/16 the previous year. This bear had eluded another of our hunters the previous season and was literally killed exactly one year to the day on the same trail at about the same time of day. The bear when bring butchered was found to have the arrow of the previous guests in it!

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Even though one hunters loss was another’s gain Mr Jimmy has scored three giant book bears in a row with his long bow at TSI to that point including his 405lber with a huge white chevron.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
You know your bear has serious age when it’s teeth look like these bears.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI has always bucked the trend by successfully locating not only big giant bears but also rare east coast color phase bears.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI has always been proud of achieving huge milestones and in 2018 the records kept falling.As a lot already knew TSI holds the record for the oldest known hunter shot bear in Canada now TSI also holds the record for the largest skull ever taken in NB and the largest Bow kill record.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI doesn’t just break records for sise and age but often it’s the person bests that stand out more.heres Kevin’s 425lb old timer well north of 20 inch bow kill from 2018 at TSI his personal best.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Here is Joe with his first 400lber with a bow.Not Joes first giant at TSI but one he won’t forget.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
One huge highlight to 2018 was seeing Dan kill this giant 400plus lber his best ever with bow.this goes well with his dad’s 450lb TSI giant from a few years previous.

13-Dec-18
Curious how old was the oldest bear ever killed in Canada?

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Here is another first bow kill and a solid mature boar for spencer

13-Dec-18
34.5 yrs old was the bears age.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Here’s Matt with another big mature 2018 boar not quite as big as his 438lb TSI bear but a solid 390lbs his first bear scored just shy of 21 the second is in the high 19s

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Gotta love the big white chevron

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
And another we call calico bears with three colours on them sometimes four colours
TSI's embedded Photo
And another we call calico bears with three colours on them sometimes four colours
How about white faces some unique colours at TSI

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
When I know they are huge we measure twice between green and dry I’m usually within 2 or 3/16ths

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Then we can’t forget Marks giant 2018 TSI Bruin this old monster just officially scored 21 5/16 placing it 3rd alltime in NB this bear was taken on film.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Great memory here with father and son.this bear left nearly no sign and crossed a river before being found on the other side.Lots of wet feet that day.

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
And Mike kept his good fortune going with another nice mature boar in 2018

13-Dec-18
Your website shows 2013 pricing is that current?

13-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
This is the difference between an 18 4/16 skull and an official 21 plus

13-Dec-18
A great year for you, TSI, and all your clients!

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Paul Piccano followed up with another great bear not as big as his 21 inch 503lber but a great filmed hunt as always

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
As an outfitter your tasked with a lot of unknowns including forest fires.Planning for evacuation and staffing persons to be positioned to perform rescues isn’t one you normally have to deal with.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Same group and Diana and this very old 21 inch boar
TSI's embedded Photo
Same group and Diana and this very old 21 inch boar
This is a great story it’s always a mystery when the hunter says they shot the smallest bear they seen that day and it’s a 407lb brute.the women seem to keep knocking down giants each year with this group.check out these two happy ladies.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Millie’s official score sheet ranks her bear #1 in the NB record book for now and tied for#1 in the rifle category making this bear the best bear to date in NB
TSI's embedded Photo
Millie’s official score sheet ranks her bear #1 in the NB record book for now and tied for#1 in the rifle category making this bear the best bear to date in NB
Nothing was sweeter than the women from this group showing up the guys when Millie arrowed the best of the best.Millie broke the NB bow record with her giant 21 9/16 official bear.She passed one not minutes before that was a solid 400lbs to have this one chase off the competition.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Anyone who doesn’t have Toms videos of the slam and this book needs to get them the footage is amazing.
TSI's embedded Photo
Anyone who doesn’t have Toms videos of the slam and this book needs to get them the footage is amazing.
You would think taking the largest bear on record would have been a wrap on a year that had many twists and turns highs and lows but it wasn’t!Not long after I got to spend a week with two hunting legends and my childhood hero Tom Miranda.

14-Dec-18
Nice Bears Dave congrats to all.

14-Dec-18
Thanks Alexis your good people.

14-Dec-18
That's awesome Dave!!!

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Not only did I get to spend a great week with Roger Raglin and Tom Miranda and good friend Treestandwolf Rich Wright TSI grew by one when Beverly Reynolds came to join me in the adventure of outfitting.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Beverly is an avid bow hunter and great asset to TSI she truly loves to hunt.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Here’s a table of memories for a lifetime.The two shows filmed were spectacular and you can see them soon respective.Both Roger and Tom scored big boars the same evening go to Rogers Facebook and see his multi episode recap and Toms for some amazing clips of his incredible hunt.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
A big highlight was seeing Rich Wright celebrate his great bear with Tom Miranda.Rich is a genuine guy very talented musician hunter entrepreneur and if you can get to Extreme Hunts and share camp with Rich and Edwin.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Roger discussing the epic giant bear that arrived too soon !!See his video recap at Roger Raglin outdoors or on my Facebook page.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Roger didn’t arrow the giant but he did get this great bear on film and rolled him in sight.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
TSI Beverly Reynolds stepped in and was Rogers camera woman for his great bear encounter.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Mr Miranda Too arrowed a great P&Y qualifying bear the footage Tom filmed is epic and with literally dozens of encounters.Tom and I opted to not hunt over bait and utilize trails and water crossings see the shot and footages on my Facebook page or Toms Facebook in the video section.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
The gang down for a great meal

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
After bear it was time for moose and the adventure continues with spectacular footage and encounters.the videos are posted on my Facebook and worth a look Bev did great filming as I called in this bull just out of bow range.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Bev and Curt perched high just after two great bulls were called in one a slammer held up at 110yards

14-Dec-18
See you in June. Can’t wait.

14-Dec-18
Looking forward Grant and Thankyou for the card.Best part of TSI is all the great people that created this endless adventure.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Curt,Bev and I taking a break In the bogs after a long walk.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
This was base camp for Kurt,Tom,Mel,Bev and Myself Bev did a great job keeping everyone fed and also helping in filming and recovering moose.Tom my right hand man also proved a huge asset on this hunt.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Curt and I trying a new spot had a couple close calls but I had another spot !!

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
The view from Curt’s final stand that proved to be a memorable one.We placed the two stands and had a bull at 5 yards within 45 minutes on film.

14-Dec-18
Good thread Dave...Congrats on a great year!!! Chris...

14-Dec-18
Thanks Chris and congrats on another great year for you too.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Gathering gear to recover Curt’s bull we’ve got great video of the bull and the recovery on Facebook.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
One down one to go Curt’s first moose

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
With one down it’s Mels turn and we worked for this one.I knew two good bulls were held up in a small bog as we spent a day circling to get a bead on the travel way to the big bog.Once I determined where they were we positioned Mel and I cut cross country to get between Mel and the big bog.On the third call Mel let fly on this good bull that netted him just under 700lbs of meat.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
With Bev at the wheel Tom Mel and I got the bull loaded and off to the butcher.

14-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
After a long season Bev and had some down time so what better way to spend the day than hunting grouse.

14-Dec-18
All said 2018 was a year of big life changes for myself and a year to remember.But in the end I met new people and made new friends broke some records and can’t wait for 2019 and the challenges it will present.From Myself Tom and Beverly here at TSI we thank all our friends and clients for making 2018 the best ever. Anyone wishing to take part in 2019s epic adventures come join us.I can be reached via PM or text my Cell 1 506 434 3818 email [email protected]. And join us on Facebook for the latest shows airing video clips and achievements at TSI New Brunswick’s undisputed Trophy Black Bear destination.

16-Dec-18
Pretty impressive. I enjoyed the pics.

18-Dec-18
Thanks ibow hope we can make 2019 even better.

18-Dec-18
"Thanks ibow hope we can make 2019 even better."

We will Dave!

18-Dec-18
That’s always the plan

18-Dec-18
Another outstanding year for you and your hunters

18-Dec-18
Congrats on another outstanding season! I have not seen another operation which consistantly takes more true 400 plus pound and 20 plus inch skull bears than TSI. I will be back to try to top my personal best very soon!

I just wish that I had found Dave a few years earlier. If you are into hunting big bears, Dave is your man!

19-Dec-18
Much thanks guys but we all know I just set the stage the final act is up to the hunter.My success lies solely on yours.Merry Christmas fellas.

22-Dec-18

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Still spots for 2019 text 1 506 434 3819 or email [email protected]

22-Dec-18
Merry Christmas

28-Dec-18
And Happy New Year Alexis.

04-Jan-19
Of course I'd like to add that everyone who has been in a bear camp, knows the laughter, the highs and lows, camaraderie, and the serenity of the timber and bush for one to reflect. I've shared over 6 camps with Dave and many of the guys here from Bowsite. Memories for a lifetime and many more to come.

Dave, thanks for all the lessons and opportunities, Yes, you have had some major changes, and the best is yet to come.

Congrats to a memorable 2018, I know I will be back, even for a bigger bear.

04-Jan-19
I’m a little late Dave but happy new year to u and the best in 2019.

05-Jan-19
Thanks guys all the best to everyone.

10-Jan-19
when I click on the TSi link all I get is old 2013 info. is there a current web address link

10-Jan-19
No the website is obsolete my current info and contacts are on Facebook

22-Jan-19
Just curious, how many bear hunters do you take in a year to shoot all those awesome 400 pounders?!

23-Jan-19
Mike it varies from year to year but we average a 400 lb bear for every 2-4 hunters some weeks prove better than others our camp record is 4 400lb bears in one day with 7 hunters hunting.Not every hunter will bag one but the opportunity to will be there.

23-Jan-19
Mike it varies from year to year but we average a 400 lb bear for every 2-4 hunters some weeks prove better than others our camp record is 4 400lb bears in one day with 7 hunters hunting.Not every hunter will bag one but the opportunity to will be there.

23-Jan-19
I believe we cater to similar volume that you do Mike but we don’t get the colours you do.Hope you guys have another great year love following along and seeing the great bears you take.D

23-Jan-19
After I posted I realized I should qualify my response before everyone gets the calculator out an hits the bullshit button.lol My response is based on total season numbers and divided by,I don’t wish to imply that every week produces 400lbers as that’s just not true we have weeks were no one sets a 400lber down but also have weeks were several are taken. As is with all of us in the outfitting buisness we promote our best successes to attract attention in a competitive environment and pay tribute to those old warriors of the bush that surrendered to the hunters aim. Success is measured by individual perspective and personal bests,and first time harvests or unique experiences are also trophies. By no means do I wish to imply that every hunter will kill a giant but my objective every week is to seek out the best location for each hunter to get the opportunity often sending us in three different areas and extensive travel vs hunting the same locations multiple times.Big board are like big. Bucks they are not behind every tree so first we find them then we dispatch hunters to those specific locations in pursuit.Its an expensive way to hunt and reduces profit and at times eliminating profit but it’s the end result that matters and how the season as a whole comes together. Anyone with a weak stomach for losing money this method I would not recommend.Hope this gives a better explanation to my response.D

25-Jan-19
Yeah I was just curious because bear outfitting can be set up very differently in different provinces and then outfitters within the province can do things differently. Ontario and Quebec used to run huge volumes of hunters for cheap hunts, 100-200 guys in a season so killing a few huge bears wasn't hard to do, then remote outfits in say Saskatchewan will only run less than 10 hunters but kill just as many giants, but an expensive, hard to get to area. No idea how it's done in New Brunswick. Anyway, you kill some awesome bears! A 400+ lb spring weight, old bear is huge anywhere in Canada.

25-Jan-19
Ontario now limits their hunters according to the size and past management of their Bear Management areas.

25-Jan-19
Sorry spike buck I wasn’t trying to bash Ontario as it is, that’s why I said used to run so many hunters. I was just interested in someone else’s bear outfit. You are awesome, TSI is awesome, every outfitter in Canada is awesome!

25-Jan-19
I deleted my inquiry... you have an awesome outfit Mike and I truely wish you the best in 2019!! Have a great winter.

26-Jan-19
too late the hijackers have already breached the cockpit.

26-Jan-19
I see some valid points but don’t understand the motivation here?I can confirm we take far less bears out of our area than what’s suggested Mike May.Vs those numbers we easily harves majority of our boars with 18 inch or better skulls.If there was a comparison to be made I’m not sure but I did sense that there was an attempt to discredit our record or diminish the amount or percentage of large males we show as highlight bears.

26-Jan-19
Sorry guys for any unintended disrespect. I was just curious about how another outfitter kills so many big bears that TSI does. Looks like a great outfit with lots of happy, loyal customers! Same with spike bucks outfit, it looks great too. Good luck with your season!

26-Jan-19
Wish you the best Mike.Heres to another great year all round.

26-Jan-19

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
For clarification... some above have hunted with me.

I've hunted 6 years with TSI. Out of the 6 years, 3 Encounters with tremendous size black bears, 2 offered no shot, 1 opportunity at a giant blackie, shoulder shot, I simply blew it. ( I guess all those nights and time waiting had me a bit rattled when I finally had the opportunity.

A year later, that very same boar came in, same stand, shot by a great woman hunter, Millie. (* You can see that bear on a previous post, and absolute beast)

The other 3 years... many nights of rain, wind, waiting till midnight or even longer while other bears are being tracked, no cell signal, long drives, breakdowns, hitting moose with the truck, and many, many bears passed.

Finally connected last year on a bear that I was waiting for. The point is, its all according to the hunter and what he wants to shoot, but I absolutely can tell you, every one of those years, in the camp during my week. someone killed a boar over 350 pounds.

There is an incredible amount of bears and I'd be willing to bet that no one could ever estimate the population. Its way too thick and there is way too much bush.

Interesting fact also. Many of the stands that I've hunted with Dave, I ask to go back, and he simply says NOPE, Shot one there a few weeks ago, going to a new set. What more could you ask for? Its sure seems like when a big boar gets taken in an area, another one moves in. Hell, I'm no expert, but I do love hunting with Dave and crew, we simply have fun!

26-Jan-19
Amen

27-Jan-19

Kilduff18's embedded Photo
Kilduff18's embedded Photo
Well said rich. Also took me several years to finally harvest the bear I was looking for.

• Sitka Gear