JohnMC 15-Dec-18
jjs 15-Dec-18
Scooter 15-Dec-18
jingalls 15-Dec-18
md5252 16-Dec-18
Z Barebow 16-Dec-18
GLP 16-Dec-18
15-Dec-18
I thought id found a great boot in merrells that fit my wide foot and were light and waterproof but after maybe a year not waterproof anymore. what do yall suggest?

15-Dec-18
I wore Merrell goretex shoes and hiking boots for years. I liked them for their comfort and weight but the last three pair fell apart in less than a year. Merrell said that was normal wear. I laughed and said I had Meindls that are fifteen years old and have been through Hell, not just mow the lawn. I expect a lot more for my money.

I have a pair each of Solomon goretex shoes and boots and have been happy so far but they are going on a year old.

15-Dec-18
Light weight and flexible....forget long term water proof.

15-Dec-18
I know what you mean. id pay 250 for boots that will last over 125 on boots that are good for 1 elk hunt. lookin at the reviews for scarpa zodiac plus gtx anyone have any information on them.

15-Dec-18
I've been using the Danner High Ground for the past 2 years and really like them. I know Danner has been getting a bad rap from bowsiters recently but they are all I've used when I need a waterproof boot for probably 20 years. I used the high grounds on about 10 hunts over the last 2 years and they are still water proof. If you can get 2 years out of any water proof boot, they have done well. I either wear a cheap non water proof hiker like Hi Tec, the Danners when I need gortex or LaCrosse Burleys when stand hunting. That covers 95% of my hunting.

15-Dec-18
I can’t say enough about my Solomon’s. I really like them a lot. Quest 3-d. They aren’t stiff if you like stiff boots though.

15-Dec-18
Good boots should be waterproof for years. I bought a pair of Danners in college and was still wearing them to mark timber in snow almost thirty years later. Goretex has a great guarantee and I have had to go through them to get satisfaction on boots and jackets.

15-Dec-18
For water resistant (as rubber is the only real "waterproof") boots I prefer a solid leather boot that I can maintain. These fancy looking boots with the designs and different fabrics don`t get it.

15-Dec-18
So far, my Lowa Rengades have shown the best waterproofing over the Years. I've got one pair that I've literally destroyed, seams are split, etc...still waterproof!

15-Dec-18
cnelk - had a thread on some stuff he used to "re" waterproof and old pair boots and his thread said it worked really well. Might try and find that.

15-Dec-18
Here in the upper mi-west LaCrosse boots have been the norm for many yrs, so-call leather water proof boots usually do not cut it, but in the west it is a different story for rocky terrain over loose dirt muddy soil; water always travel to the least resistance.

15-Dec-18
Russell Mocassin.....Had the same pair for years.....Perfect fit,from day one.Treat the leather with what they recommend,and go...

15-Dec-18
I have a wide foot and have been happy with Meindl light weight hunting boot. Have uninsulated and with 400 gram insulated. Got them at Cabelas several years ago.

16-Dec-18
Waterproof and lightweight don’t go together for boots in my opinion...

That being said I like my Soloman Quests but they are not offered in wide sizes.

If I were you I’d get a lightweight boot and scotch guard the heck out of it

16-Dec-18
My Crispi Wyoming boots are the best I have found. I still have Salomon GTX boots, but they are not as comfortable and leak. My feet will get wet in Crispi's, but it takes a few days of not drying them out at night.

16-Dec-18
I personally like my bean boots. I have one pair that is 15 years old. And one that is 9 years old. Use the older pair the most due to wanting to wear them out first. They are light and comfortable ( at least to me ) Want truly waterproof then I use rubber. Also just because a certain brand works for one person does not mean it will work for all. Feet are just like people ( different). Greg

• Sitka Gear