IdyllwildArcher 17-Dec-18
WapitiBob 17-Dec-18
LBshooter 17-Dec-18
Mule Power 17-Dec-18
elkstabber 17-Dec-18
elkstabber 17-Dec-18
JLeMieux 17-Dec-18
17-Dec-18
Do any of you know where I can find a kmz/kml of the latest grizzly distribution map in Wyoming? Or an elk unit map with an overlay of grizzly distribution? I realize the distribution is not an exact science. I would just like to have an idea when I'm getting into the fringe as I'm doing my research. Thanks.

17-Dec-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link
The entire GYSE including the drainages of the Shoshone, Snake, Green, and Wind rivers.

If your goal is to hunt right up to the edge of grizz range and not one foot further, that's impossible. Bears range all over the place and move 20 miles in a day like it's nothing. Bears have been spotted all over way outside their "range."

17-Dec-18
Maybe he’s just asking where regulations for bear discouragement are. And I don’t know. So that would be interesting. Like where bearproof panniers and containers are required.

17-Dec-18
Thanks. I know they cover ground and their "range" is an educated guess that can vary day to day. I just wanted to something as a general reference to use when GE scouting and narrowing down units. Not being very familiar with Wyoming, it takes me a while to look at the distribution map or GYSE map and figure out which units those cover. If I could add it as a layer in GE, I could turn it on/off as needed. I already have all of the other information there.

17-Dec-18
I haven't seen the file you're looking for. My only other suggestion would be to post or PM specific units.

17-Dec-18
this link will get you to the gis page. You will need ge pro to load the shp file

https://www.sciencebase.gov/catalog/folder/52fe7f75e4b0354fef6de4f0

17-Dec-18
Call fish and game, they can probably give you the best answer. Make sure you practice with your glock or 44.

17-Dec-18
Those maps are terrible . If a grizzly was spotted somewhere in1897 they include that area on the map.

Maybe Scent Lok will come out with a bear proof body suit. I can see it now..... Forget the Griz, Just Hunt. Lol

17-Dec-18

elkstabber's Link
Here you go. This info is a little dated but comes from the WFGD website. This is the management boundaries but isn't exactly what you're looking for.

17-Dec-18

elkstabber's Link
This is the best Griz distribution map that I could find. Look at the 2015 Griz Conflicts map. I think the map of conflicts is probably more valuable info than a map of distribution. Note that there are no yellow dots in YNP - that's because conflicts weren't recorded there. Sorry I'm not sure how you'd find a kmz/kml file.

17-Dec-18
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help.

• Sitka Gear