PECO 18-Dec-18
elkmo 18-Dec-18
Shug 18-Dec-18
Ironbow 18-Dec-18
Fulldraw 18-Dec-18
rooster 19-Dec-18
timberdoodle 20-Dec-18
17-Dec-18
Have you reached out to bowriter, Justin? I believe he was instrumental in R&D on this pattern. I think he’s busy doing research on CWD right now, but maybe when he gets a free minute, he’ll chime in here.

17-Dec-18
For trees I like Fall grey a hair better than brown deception. Either is a tremendous pattern, the brown just has more dark in it I think. The 3D deception is also great. Favourite patterns out there hands down.

17-Dec-18
I'll be following this thread... been thinking about dumping the string on some Fall Grey.

17-Dec-18
Stick n string.... I'm also a big fan of the vertigo pattern but it too darn "squeaky" and drives me nuts. Mine's about worn out also and gonna need replacing.

17-Dec-18
Easy answer, go buy some ASAT. If you don't want that then either one will work and if majority of your hunting is in trees go with the grey.

17-Dec-18
I like the fall grey better. I have both patterns and for whatever reason, I have very rarely been busted in the grey when scent wasn't an issue.

17-Dec-18
I've worn all manner of camo in trees and never noticed a difference in the "deer busted me rate" for any particular camo.

17-Dec-18

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo
Fall Grey. I do have some Fall Brown, but my go to has been Fall Grey.

Edit. This is a picture my son took of me, from his ladder stand about 15 yards away.

17-Dec-18
Fall grey! I've had so many deer look through me so many times and then ignore me that is all use. I've also used it on the prairies of Wyoming and SD and like my buddy says "disappear" into the landscape.

17-Dec-18
I like the fall grey but you won`t go wrong with either. ASAT is so God awful busy I just can`t get myself to buy it. If they got rid of some of those black "sickles" I would consider it.

The one I have been looking hard at are the lighter patterns at Scheels. There are 2 that are really nice camo patterns. I would have to look up the name but that is probably my next choice.

17-Dec-18
I really like the fall grey. Even if they see me moving, they usually just kind of go back about their routine.

I had 5 different bucks around me the day I shot my deer this year. A mature buck watched me shoot his buddy. Then he watched me fish another arrow out of the quiver, and move around trying to get another shot. He never did figure out what I was, and never spooked. 20 yards, looking right at me.

I just dont seem to get busted in that stuff. Never tried any of the other patterns you mentioned.

But it beats the blobby realtree, mossy oak and sitka patterns with a big giant stick. Especially in a tree.

17-Dec-18
Easy answer, go buy some ASAT. If you don't want that then either one will work and if majority of your hunting is in trees go with the grey.

17-Dec-18
I have the Brown Deception and really like it.

17-Dec-18
Who's making good hunting clothing with the Predator camo option?

17-Dec-18
I did not like the fall gray. It was warm & quiet but I felt like I got busted more with it. Went back to asat which I love.

17-Dec-18
Fall Grey!!

17-Dec-18
Day One and Grey Wolf Woolens make good stuff in Predator Fall Grey.

17-Dec-18
I like all three - grey, brown and green of the Predator original patterns, and have a Deception heater body suit... I actually mix depending on weather of what weight garment needed and if deer are color blind, don't think it really matters of original colors, but like the green for spring turkey... So if I had to chose only one color would be the spring green...

Am less into camo now and wear just about anything earth toned, so haven't bought camo in years but last batch I bought was ASAT and like it... Also bought Sitka gloves and hat but and like those also but can't afford their other stuff...

17-Dec-18
I own both Fall grey and brown deception in their stealth fleece I usually wear the fall grey pant and deception jacket or vice versa I just like to mix it up in my mind seems to help My son bought the new Micro stealth fleece in brown deception this year im still not sold on it seems slighty noisy Either choice you cant go wrong

17-Dec-18
the deer do not care,,,, geesh

17-Dec-18
Both is the correct answer. But I'm bad to ask, I have spring green, fall gray, fall brown, brown deception, and evolution options of predator. Yes, it's a sickness. But if I could only get one, I'd get deception - if you are going to use it earlier in the season etc. Why? I dont think the deer are to impacted one way or the other, but if there is a chance that you could have other humans around... Or may use it for Turkey hunting or ground hunting earlier in the season... Deception is more all purpose.

So if it's only one, deception. If it's only mid-late season treestand, fall gray.

18-Dec-18
ASAT

18-Dec-18
If I were out east, I would go with the grey.

18-Dec-18
I agree with ground hunter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHjQCDKBx8

18-Dec-18
Keep an eye on camofire.com it comes up often enough ... cheap enough that you can buy a couple patterns for the price of one

18-Dec-18
I have always felt like camo should keep you hidden. If an animal picks you off and stares you down, and eventually decides you are not a danger and goes on, I don't feel like the camo did it's job. The fact you didn't move is what worked. The camo should have kept you from being spotted in the first place.

I have worn a lot of different camo from Treebark, Realtree, Mossy Oak, ect that looked like bushes and trees and certain patterns in certain situations worked OK, but I would often get spotted and the stare down would begin. Usually, as long as I didn't move, the animal would go on it's way, sometimes keeping an eye on me. I really don't like that.

When I started wearing Predator, which at first I didn't think would work and only wore it based on Marc Barger's recommendation as the designer, I was blown away. Animals quit looking at me, if they did it was a mere glance without the stare down. Found on occasion I could even get away with slight movements! Nothing I had ever worn allowed me to do that.

I loved the original Fall Brown, but have had excellent success with Fall Gray. I have also used the Spring Green and the Evolution pattern, which I think is mostly gone now. I really liked it for a sticks and limbs type camo. I no longer worry about being spotted even in the late season in open trees with Fall Gray. I have tried ASAT, but in the late season I get the stare down in naked trees I never get with Predator.

Never tried the Deception. For some reason I just didn't like it, maybe because it replaced the Fall Brown. I think it would work OK, just have not tried it. Been using Predator for 22 years, and can't see myself changing.

18-Dec-18
Both, some spring green, and some ASAT. MIX IT UP

19-Dec-18
Camo fire just had predator fleece pants (don't remember the price) which I didn't buy, Then a couple of days later they had the matching jackets for like $50.00. I sprung for the jacket and now I'm hoping the pants will make it back to their sight. For what it's worth I bought fall grey as I have always felt it is one of the best out there.

20-Dec-18
Agree with full draw - mix it up. Does anyone know why they ever stopped making the fall brown? That was my favorite if I would've had to choose only 1.

• Sitka Gear