Genesis 19-Dec-18
Florida Mike 19-Dec-18
kentuckbowhnter 19-Dec-18
mountainman 19-Dec-18
REALWARRIOR 19-Dec-18
mountainman 19-Dec-18
Mike-TN 21-Dec-18
18-Dec-18
Can anyone give me an idea of the quality of deer hunting in Marshall county Kentucky? Specifically the western portion of the county. Private land, barely hunted, if at all, hardwoods with 60 acres of crop fields.

18-Dec-18
can be good but the county is dense populated so its important who your neighbors are.

18-Dec-18
^^^Echo what kbh said. There are some really nice deer come out of the Clarks River bottom area/ Symsonia area but it’s all about the neighbors. Work and hunt in the county and know it fairly well. Feel free to pm me with any other questions.

18-Dec-18
Land Between the Lakes is across the River and has some really good bowhunting.

18-Dec-18
I think you will be surprised,it’s not Kansas but I scouted a week and hunted in September an although I didn’t see what I wanted I passed some mid 140s deer so I left impressed with the land potential

18-Dec-18
Steve, in Marshall County?

I’d be hammer down on a 130+ and be tickled pink about it.

19-Dec-18
^^^ I think that would be smart. Pass on a 140 around here and he will be dead as soon as he steps across the fence. As far as LBL goes, yes there are some good deer there, but you better be really lucky or have the whole month of November to hunt. Even then it’s a long shot

19-Dec-18
I was in Treg just across the Kentucky Lake Bridge.It a lot closer drive for me and I was even thinking about studying the area more because the drive was a lot closer for me but life got in the way

19-Dec-18
Muche stick to Alaska! we dont need YO KIND killin all the deers in the lower 48 too! lol

19-Dec-18
the LBL does not have really good bowhunting, check the harvest statistics. blue tongue killed the herd back in 2008 and it has not recovered.

19-Dec-18
I agree the deer density is low in LBL. I hunt it a lot. I manage to take deer, but it takes a lot of time and effort. There is a massive coyote presence there that I'm sure doesn't help.

As far as private land in KY, I'd jump on a hunt like that. I wouldn't quite expect Iowa type hunting. But KY has some very nice deer.

19-Dec-18
I've killed a lot of deer off of LBL area 10 & 7 and a few off of Area 1, so maybe I see it differently, but I hunt the same general funnels every year.....and yes it's usually late prerut or rut.

19-Dec-18
Don't get me wrong, I kill deer on LBL. But it's my last choice of the public land options I have.

21-Dec-18

Mike-TN's embedded Photo
Mike-TN's embedded Photo
Got this one in Caldwell County this year.... not too far away

• Sitka Gear