Nanuke22 20-Dec-18
Bob 20-Dec-18
HighLife 20-Dec-18
Bestbowhunter 20-Dec-18
Franklin 20-Dec-18
Jmac 21-Dec-18
eaglediegel 22-Dec-18
19-Dec-18
I am trying to put a trip together to antelope hunt and take the wife along to do some sightseeing. Thinking around Mt Rushmore, deadwood and devils tower. From what I’ve read it looks like around Gillette would be my best option for a hunt. So here are my thoughts. Fly to Rapid City and do a loop around catching some of the sights and end up in Gillette to hunt. So here’s where I need help. I’ll only have maybe 3 days for the hunt. Most outfitters I see are 5 days. Plus I’m kind of cheap and would rather pay a trespass fee Any suggestions if this is practical and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

19-Dec-18
i did three family antelope combination hunts in the 90's all into the Douglas area then went to Yellowstone / tetons for a few days after filling tags

19-Dec-18
Do you have any points in WY? SD is also an option, less goats but plenty for a good hunt. Reach out to Dakota on this site via PM, he might be able to help you out with a 3 day hunt in SD that fits the bill.

19-Dec-18
Dakota would be a great option. He has great land and him and his family are great people. Lots of animals as well.

20-Dec-18
Randy (Dakota) and Ryan would definitely help you great people..

20-Dec-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo

Bob's Link
Jeff, Consider hunting with us near Gillette. Private ranch, easy license draw and lots of Pronghorn. Bob

20-Dec-18
Dakota X 3

20-Dec-18
Contact The Werner Ranch. Connie and JJ are great. And they are a sponsor here. PM me if you have any questions I can answer.

20-Dec-18
I hunted draw areas in Wyoming and shot good goats. But shot my biggest goat in Gillette with a last minute 100% draw tag....where everyone said there weren`t big goats. You will be happy with the Gillette area...IMO.

21-Dec-18
Thanks for the replies guys. I have no pts that’s why I was looking around Gillette. SD is an option too.

Here’s a dumb question. How do you PM someone? I see on the thread how to PM someone who has posted but can’t figure out how to send to anyone else.

Also what do you think are some must see things in the area and things to avoid? How about Deadwood?

22-Dec-18

eaglediegel's embedded Photo
Keyhole Reservoir Bowfishing
Keyhole Reservoir Bowfishing
Devil's Tower
Devil's Tower
My BF and I hunted antelope north of Gillette (Unit 1) DIY- public land. I had no points and drew a buck tag. We did have an opportunity to scout in July and camped at Keyhole Res. Rented a boat and bowfished..Very beautiful!!

Opening morning was pouring rain, but we caught a break and I was tagged out by 10am. We had a beautiful camping spot and encountered very few hunters. We spent our next day sightseeing- Devils Tower and enjoyed the little town of Hulett. Beautiful country. I have also traveled to Spearfish where we stayed at Elkhorn Resort. Cute cabins, great golf and beautiful scenery. So many things to see and of course Mt. Rushmore!

• Sitka Gear