Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
g5smoke21 28-Dec-18
Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
g5smoke21 28-Dec-18
t-roy 28-Dec-18
Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
Eric Vaillancourt 01-Jan-19
19-Dec-18
I remember reading about various Bowsiters hunts that involved a knife that was passed from one Bowsite Hunter to another Bowsiteer to take on his hunt. What happen? Someone lost the knife or the routine is in retirement?

End of season recollections of various aspects about the Great website know as BOWSiTE.com

19-Dec-18
Horseshoe maybe? I remember that one....

19-Dec-18
L39. Haven’t heard or seen anything about it in awhile.

19-Dec-18
L39 is the knife you’re referencing. I wondered about that the other day as well. I got to take him to Africa a few years ago. I think bird dog is in charge of L39, but not positive about that.

Hopefully somebody in the know will chime in on here.

19-Dec-18
His"Handle Stays Sharp" Knife is still in Circulation.Send it Javelina hunting in Az.!

19-Dec-18
Pretty sure rancid crab tree has it now..

19-Dec-18
In fact I am postive. He is over on AT pretending to be in his son to get past his life time ban. He just posted about L39 on another forum a couple days ago.

20-Dec-18
Trial153, are you saying that I'm not the only one that goes over on AT to make the little snowflakes cry ever now and then. I never stay long enough to get banned cause usually just one post will have half of them running for there cry closet.

20-Dec-18
Kevin, I just got off week vacation. Crossgun tread done me in.

20-Dec-18
Rancid tends to get banned a lot. Too bad, he's a pretty talented fella. Had some great "how to" threads.

20-Dec-18
Not to change the subject, but I love that handl, Rancid Crabtree. Pat McManus books still grace my bookshelves.

-Cheryl

21-Dec-18
Cheryl, me too. I gave Pat McManus honorable mention in a recent newspaper column as well. Rancid Crabtree, Pat, his sister "The Troll" , Retch Sweeney and the guys shaped my childhood.

21-Dec-18
Yup, was not long ago pictures of the golden horseshoe and L39 graced these pages.

22-Dec-18
I found a post on rokslide about it and it appears the owner has had it back since last spring. At least that's when he posted the story of L39 over there.

22-Dec-18
Maybe we need a new traveling knife?

22-Dec-18
Ron has it. Maybe it’ll come back around soon.

22-Dec-18
Nick, was it RC that started the knifes travels originally?

22-Dec-18
As I recall RC originally posted an entire thread detailing his restoration of the knife. All of his old posts have long-since been purged from the site.

23-Dec-18
Good Morning Gents,

I have a hand made Bob Ham hunter knife that I would like to donate to this cause. I think it's a very pretty knife. We could call it the Kelly/ Morgan Harris knife from here on out. If you guys are willing, I will start a new post with that title and we can track it from there. We can include a small journal with it, and track it's adventures... with animals taken and from where. After it has made it's way around the world, we could give it to the Harris family. I am sure Morgan would love it. Just a nice tribute to the family in remembrance of a great family man, friend and Bowsiter. If you guys are interested, I will start the process this January in AZ on my Coues and Javelina hunt. Let me know what you think. We could do it for a year or two, and then send it to the family.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Mark Williams. From Arizona

23-Dec-18

Scar Finga's embedded Photo

23-Dec-18

I was having problems loading the pictures, But here is the knife. if you guys are interested, I will make sure it is Very sharp before it departs on it's journeys

23-Dec-18
What a great idea and offer!

23-Dec-18
Scar, that is a fantastic idea.

Count me in....just a simple whitetail hunter from south central PA.

23-Dec-18
Scar, great idea! I’ve got nothing too special going on this year. Just a high country mule deer hunt and a descent elk tag I’ll draw in Co. Both starting late August. I would definitely welcome that knife in my camp.

23-Dec-18
Let’s do it! I just ordered my Kellyville shirt that I plan to make my lucky hunting shirt. I’d love to make an entry in the journal.

Kelly and I had talked many times about him coming along on one of my elk hunts but he never made it. This could be my chance to have him along.

23-Dec-18
Excellent idea, Scar!! L39 had list of the guys that had taken it with them, plus where and what animals, but it was just written on a sheet of paper. The journal would be a step up from that, IMO. I’m thinking that, if possible, guys could add a photo of their trip, it would add another neat aspect to this great idea.

24-Dec-18
Wow that inquiry took a nice direction.

24-Dec-18
Very cool! : ) I'm sure it will mean a great deal to all those involved!

24-Dec-18
Awesome offer. While I wouldn't have much other than Wisconsin Whitetails until I plan my Wisconsin bear hunt, I think the journal would be a great read. To read of all the places and adventures the knife travels would be so cool.

26-Dec-18
We have several guys doing pretty basic/ simple hunts, I am one of them. I don't think Kelly or Morgan would care. If you want to reserve the knife, go on the other thread and look at the dates.

Thanks! Mark

28-Dec-18

bird dog's embedded Photo

28-Dec-18

28-Dec-18

28-Dec-18

28-Dec-18
Very Cool!! Hopefully the new knife will see a lot of action as well!

28-Dec-18
My wife and i are traveling to RSA for the first time...hopefully to get her first animal. If no one has the knife may 21-31st it would be cool to bring it for a first animal...maybe i can talk her into a sable for her first!!!

28-Dec-18
Sorry the knife will be in Canada.

Thank you though!

28-Dec-18
No worries!

28-Dec-18
Scar......have you come up with an “official” name for the knife yet?!!

I’ll submit “K114” for consideration.

EDIT: I see where you already named it on the other thread.....My bad.

28-Dec-18
No worries brother! To be truthful, the knife does not really have a name, until now, I was talking to Kelly's dad while I was reading your 114 message, his dad mentions 114" while I am reading this... No B.S!!! I swear! K114 is the name of the knife!

01-Jan-19
Very cool

• Sitka Gear