Brotsky 20-Dec-18
GotBowAz 20-Dec-18
BigOk 20-Dec-18
TD 20-Dec-18
Southern draw 20-Dec-18
Iowa_Archer 20-Dec-18
Paul@thefort 20-Dec-18
20-Dec-18
One might believe that if you hunt and do not kill the animal you are after, the hunt was still successful. WELL MAYBE! I LIKE KILLING SOMETHING WHEN I GO HUNTING, AND FOR THE PAST TWO GOOSE HUNTS I WAS UNSUCCESSFUL. I CHANGED THAT THIS MORNING.

20-Dec-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
but then later these two show some interest in the decoys and within a few minutes they were on the ground
but then later these two show some interest in the decoys and within a few minutes they were on the ground
With the very strong winds yesterday, the geese were blown all over the place, and there were less this morning coming off the lake.

20-Dec-18

I lined up on this one but shot low and just grazed it leg. it did not fly away but joined the other.
I lined up on this one but shot low and just grazed it leg. it did not fly away but joined the other.
i mounted another arrow and let fly at 32 yards, good hit. Dropped the goose in its tracks.
i mounted another arrow and let fly at 32 yards, good hit. Dropped the goose in its tracks.
Yep, on the ground and just 23 yards from the tip of my arrow.

20-Dec-18

the bedded goose stayed there for a long time and at first I thought is was wounded enough that it may die out there.
the bedded goose stayed there for a long time and at first I thought is was wounded enough that it may die out there.
The other goose walked away and bedded down 45 yards in the grass. I can see a smudge of blood on its leg in the picture.

20-Dec-18

later it came back looking for its mate but was not fooled again and want elsewhere.
later it came back looking for its mate but was not fooled again and want elsewhere.
Later I went out and collected the dead goose and Chase went after the "wounded goose" but NOT, it flew off.

20-Dec-18
Another great Yard Hopper story Paul!!!

Thanks for posting and make sure to give Chase an extra biscuit for his efforts!

Mark

20-Dec-18

and back with the goose
and back with the goose
Yep a VERY successful goose hunt this morning as I KILLED one.
Yep a VERY successful goose hunt this morning as I KILLED one.
As normal when the arrow stays in the goose I replant it for a blind retrieve and Chase is after it in the tall grass along the pond.

20-Dec-18
I agree with you. When I go hunting, I like to kill something. Thanks for sharing.

20-Dec-18
Chase, you're my hero...Paul, sorry, but you come in a close second. : )

20-Dec-18
I'm thinking maybe in about 30 years when I retire maybe I can come out and join you for a hunt if you'd have me Paul. If I can still keep up to you at that time. Sounds like a great way to spend some mornings :)

20-Dec-18
Just here for the dog pics! Ha! Way to go Paul and Chase! Looks like you got your Christmas goose a little early this year!

20-Dec-18
Now this is what I was waiting for! Great post Paul and big congrats to you so far.

20-Dec-18
Congrats!!

20-Dec-18
Thanks Paul! Great job! Congrats! Back to form.....

When I hear "sent Chase out on a blind retrieve" can't help it..... the first thing that pops into my head is "hey! he's only HALF blind!" =D

20-Dec-18
NICE!

20-Dec-18
Good stuff...as usual! Congrats!

20-Dec-18
Adam, 30 years? I can only hope the odds will be in our favor.

TD, that is too funny but true. Half blind

Every one else, Thanks a ton. my best, Paul

• Sitka Gear