boothill 24-Dec-18
Family Man 24-Dec-18
bad karma 24-Dec-18
INbowdude 24-Dec-18
bad karma 24-Dec-18
bad karma 24-Dec-18
bad karma 24-Dec-18
21-Dec-18
Bad Karma, Boothill, Booter and Jeff plus myself are at Shiloh to celebrate the first day of winter by killing some hogs. I am in 6, Boothill is at 7, Bad Karma goes to Rattlesnake Ridge, Booter is at 2 and Jeff is manning 1.

21-Dec-18
14 pigs in plus 8 deer. Waiting on something in the 125 or better class. Great start already!

21-Dec-18
Pics not posting. Will try tonight in camp.

21-Dec-18
Feeder goes off and I jump! Never gets old.

21-Dec-18
Bunch of hogs go behind me. Come back this way please!

21-Dec-18
Hogs south of me at the ladder on 6. Wind is good. They just won’t commit. About an hour of light left. Come on piggies.

21-Dec-18
Thump one!

21-Dec-18
Good luck to everyone hunting Shiloh. Wish I was there ! Gotta see some pics ....

21-Dec-18
Well tonight was NOT one for the books. I hit a pig at 6 and made a poor shot. Matt & Cheryl even brought Kia our but we lost blood. Dang! Well it happens and we learn from our mistakes (I hope). Will give it a go in the morning.

22-Dec-18
Good luck to all of you. We're looking forward to February.

22-Dec-18
The best part of last night was Hunting with good friends, old friends and new friends. Bad Karma made an awesome pork belly buffet for burritos. Matt and Cheryl were nice enough to buy a cake to celebrate my 60th birthday. Just wish it would have included a pig but that’s all on me.

22-Dec-18
Morning hunt. Feeders go off at 7. I am hunting 5A this morning. Boothill is at 1A and Bad Karma is at 6. Booter is at 5 (which is now in the lower pasture) and Jeff is back at 1.

22-Dec-18
I just got to the stand site and a dozen big hogs came by. Way to early to shoot but the full moon did show their silhouettes nicely. Wish they would do that in the daylight. Well here’s to another great sunrise in the hunting fields. Cheers!

22-Dec-18
I can hear hogs fighting south of me. The feeder at 6 goes off 39 seconds before 5A. Come on pigs, breakfast is served!

22-Dec-18
Bad Karma breaks the ice with a nice hog from stand 6. Great!

22-Dec-18
Only 18 more days this will get me through good luck fella's!!

22-Dec-18

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Fully bellies and some story telling around the dinner table.
Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Fully bellies and some story telling around the dinner table.
It's good to have one down, although it was still fun to get out and watch Kai work, even if we didn't get the results we all wanted. The fellowship and delicious dinner last night more than made up for the lack of activity at the meat pole. Thank ya'll for inviting us over! Here's to better success tonight.

22-Dec-18
Aside from Bad Karma getting us on the board, the rest of us saw hogs but no arrows flew. 58 degrees with clear skies and a north wind. Hoping for a great night in the stand.

22-Dec-18
Tucked up on a ladder stand at 4. Facing East wind off my left shoulder. Saw a pile of pigs just north of the creek. Hope they keep going and meet up with Boothill at stand 7. Bad Karma is back up at Rattlesnake Ridge. Fingers crossed for tonight.

22-Dec-18
C’’mon hogs!

22-Dec-18
Squealing to my south.

22-Dec-18
Dang wind swirled at the wrong time. A dozen or so hogs saved by the wind. 1 brave 15 pounder mopping up the corn. Could be an 18 pounder when he’s done eating. If he gets to 20 pounds, he’s in trouble!

22-Dec-18
Crap, moved to the ground blind to get away from the wind and still got busted. Can’t catch a break yet.

22-Dec-18
Wow, it’s funny how things can change quickly. Bad Karma gets a second hog and Boothill is currently tracking.

22-Dec-18
Sitting in the ground blind, I see a couple of hogs working their way uphill. Wind is good and I need a redemption pig. One is too small, one is skinny and the other one is the fattest. I like fat pigs, they are usually tasty. Hogs work close and when the fat one goes broadside at 17 yards, the arrow is on it’s way! Shoulder/spine shot. I grab another arrow to finish the pig off. Tons of blood so I think another arrow is not needed. Wrong.

23-Dec-18
Thanks for taking us along on your hunt it's a blast.

23-Dec-18
good luck. this is the most posts ever with no hog hanging so it will happen for you guys soon.

23-Dec-18
Sorry for the delay, busy night and then a 12 hour drive. My pig is spined but alive. Move over for a killing shot and hit too low. I retrospect I should have backed off and shot from 10 yards and not 3 feet. However the arrow does it’s Job and I have a nice 117 pounder.

23-Dec-18
Meanwhile Boothill is tracking his hog and Bad Karma sends a text that he has a hog down at Rattlesnake Ridge. About 30 minutes later Boothill has found his pig with the help of Kia, Matt and Cheryl. We loaded up and hit the cleaning area.

23-Dec-18
Can’t seem to post pics from my phone soo I will add them tomorrow. Overall a good hunt. A bit of a rough start but it all came together in the end. Thanks for following along. Pictures soon.

24-Dec-18

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Stand 5 was moved to the pasture just below camp. Seems like a good move.

24-Dec-18

I sat stand 6 on Friday night. This group came in fast and furious but nothing I wanted to shoot the first night. The second group (no picture because I had my bow in hand) came in later and I managed to scratch a hog out of that group but it was not recovered.

24-Dec-18

Saturday night I headed over to stand 4 for the evening hunt. While in the ladder, I had a group come in from the west (behind the ladder) but wouldn't commit except this brute. It left and came back 3 times without his friends,

24-Dec-18

With a swirling wind, I climbed down and headed to the ground blind at 4 to finish out the night. Turned out to be a good move.

24-Dec-18

As the hog moved from right to left, I drew as the pig passed behind the trees and as it came clear of the last tree, I lined up the shot and the arrow flew true.

24-Dec-18

Well true is a relative term. I hit the hog at the right elevation but a little left of my intended impact point (operator error). The arrow spined the swine and down she dropped. She did the typical spin and squeal so I exited the blind for a follow up shot.

24-Dec-18
From the view of the pig (sorta).

24-Dec-18

A view of the hunting area from the ladder stand.

24-Dec-18

Meanwhile, while I was doing my thing at 4, Bad Karma was doing his thing up at Rattlesnake Ridge. I heard the loud squeal of his pig from my stand when he shot it.

24-Dec-18

And before Bad Karma and I shot our hogs, Boothill started the night off with the biggest hog of the hunt.

24-Dec-18

And after dark, we all met up at the cleaning area and started the processing process. Les, "Country" got to work on Bryan and Kevin's hogs while I manned the right side to do my sow. No matter how many hogs I clean, I just can't keep up with the Shiloh team.

24-Dec-18

Boothill with new Kansas City Chief wraps broken in at Shiloh. Too bad it didn't help in Seattle. Doh!

24-Dec-18
Finally a big thanks to Matt & Cheryl for providing a birthday cake to celebrate my 60th birthday. Great friends and great times equal a great time no matter how many hogs hit the ground. Thank you. Porkapalooza 13 will be happening at the end of March!

24-Dec-18
Congrats on a successful trip....and a happy birthday ;-)

24-Dec-18
Thanks Sticksender.

24-Dec-18
Great hunt, I could not have had four better guys in camp, which makes everything else work. We ate well, and had good hunts every time out....

24-Dec-18
Congrats to all and happy birthday!

24-Dec-18
Thanks for posting the hunt Mike and wish I had taken photos but just didn’t for some reason. To say we are well is an understatement Bad Karma. And I got the one Xmas present I was really hoping for the most. New arrows with shiny yellow KC logos on them, courtesy of Western Recreation in Poncha Springs, CO, I know a shameless plug there for my buddy Brad Love, and a PASS THRU on the hog without breaking it. Lol

24-Dec-18
Mike- as always, thanks for sharing your adventures with us! Many of us have a "Shiloh Ranch habit" and appreciate getting our fix! I was also glad to see that Les is going strong! The family is headed down over Spring Break (end of March) and we'll be sure to post pics! Looking forward to trying out the new on site 5 Star resort! Merry Christmas to all- Mike, Matt, Cheryl, Les & all other Shiloh Ranch junkies! Stay safe and healthy during the holidays!

24-Dec-18
Those arrows were pretty spiffy, even though it was a chief's logo wrap. And they did take out that nice boar. Great fun....

24-Dec-18
I really like Bad Karma's tradition to celebrate a successful hunt by anybody in camp. Didn't know I liked Tequila. Cheers!

24-Dec-18
It is a great tradition. Celebrate when anyone is fortunate enough to take an animal. It reminds us all that bowhunting is hard, and that every animal is a trophy. And it reminds us to be happy when others get their animal, or when they get a bigger one than we do. I've guided friends to moose and elk this year, and it makes me as happy as if I shot them myself. And it was good to see that our corning strategy helped Mike draw the pigs in for his successful Saturday night.

When in doubt, use twice as much corn as you think you need.

24-Dec-18
And kudos to Matt and Cheryl, who I've said for years make it like visiting the cousins. And Les, aka Country, is a helpful and happy fellow.

The good work and good vibes from these people help make the hunt a great experience. Even when the hunter's luck isn't what you'd have liked, the experience is still magnificent.

24-Dec-18

• Sitka Gear