Jpayne 22-Dec-18
Paul@thefort 22-Dec-18
Jpayne 22-Dec-18
Paul@thefort 22-Dec-18
Jpayne 23-Dec-18
22-Dec-18

Jpayne's embedded Photo
Jpayne's embedded Photo
After striking out in the deer stand I moved to a brush line and set up 3doz silo decoys. three landed and I missed. later I had a single lock up and drop in. 24yards I settled my pin and let it fly. what a great experience to have. Jeff

22-Dec-18
Nice work.

22-Dec-18
Paul would be proud !

22-Dec-18
Waterfowl with a bow is a really cool thing. Congrats!

22-Dec-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Hey Jeff, nicely done and yes I am proud of you for trying and then being successful. You will never look at a goose the same as now they are a "target of interest". My best, Paul

22-Dec-18
Thanks everyone, I've harvested 100's of geese with a 12ga, using a bow brings a whole new challenge to the picture. I have this property "in town" that is bow only and I am always seeing geese fly and land while im in my tree stand. They seem to fly all day here so it's nice to be able to put some silos out after sitting in a tree for a few hours. Paul, what head are you using? Jeff.

22-Dec-18

Jeff, 125 gr. NAP 3 bl Shock Wave Mech. for both geese and turkeys. Wallmart was carrying them for a long time but I have not see them locally. Normally $27, I purchased them on sale for $19 for three pack. I have reused the heads many times after cleaning and resharpening and a new O ring. Many of the new Mech are $45 for 3.

Have fun. Paul

22-Dec-18
Great! I too have the sockwaves, I carry one for coyote and follow up shots. I get 3pk for 20bucks. I wrecked one on a rock today and I'm okay with that, part of the game. Now finding a gash in my new goldtips hurt a little, part of the game though. Jeff.

22-Dec-18

I purchase my goose and turkey arrows at Wallmart, for $7. They shoot great and seem of good quality. I use my more expensive arrows for big game.

22-Dec-18
Not a bad idea Paul, do you have to adjust your sights? I deer hunted this morning and goosed mid day. brought two quivers and would need an arrow that hits close if not exactly the same. Jeff.

22-Dec-18
the Mech BHs hit exactly where my FPs hit. I do not adjust my sight to accommodate the different arrow shafts as all shafts are about the same weight and spine. Now, then I use my VAP 3 bl for big game, they hit 3 inchs to the rt, different then the FPs so I do adjust the sight to accommodate that difference. I am going to use Mech BH on my Coues deer hunt in AZ next month. I first time I have use mechs for deer.

23-Dec-18

Jpayne's embedded Photo
Jpayne's embedded Photo
The shockwaves hit right with my fp and my deer head (dead meat.) I'll look into more cost friendly goose shafts. Jeff.

• Sitka Gear