vaelkhntr 23-Dec-18
sportoutfitter 23-Dec-18
Treeline 24-Dec-18
sportoutfitter 24-Dec-18
LKH 24-Dec-18
23-Dec-18

sportoutfitter's embedded Photo
I’m an ATV outfitter in southern WV. We rent cabins to riders of the Hatfield/McCoy Trail System. Our first 3 cabins are themed around our big game animals. Deer, bear, and elk. The deer and bear cabins are complete and finishing the elk now. I’m looking for some elk sheds or even a euro mount (I know that’s a lot to ask for!). I’m certainly willing to buy them or do some trading if anybody is interested. I’d gladly trade a weekend in a nice wooded cabin in the bow onlies!

23-Dec-18

Deer cabin
Deer cabin

23-Dec-18

Bear cabin
Bear cabin

23-Dec-18
Ebay will have what you are looking for. good luck

23-Dec-18
I have a friend who is a shed hunter in Montana. A very avid shed hunter. He even pays a pilot to fly him into the Selway river in Idaho where he floats down and stops at his spots along the way. He has money and lots of time into his hobby. I would assume you want a set of mature 6 point bull sheds for your purpose.

Tell me what you’re willing to spend and I’ll ask him. You’d have to cover shipping too.

23-Dec-18
No sheds on eBay right now but an artificial cast euro is going for $365

23-Dec-18
Doesn’t necessarily need to be huge. Just prefer matching set. Or even several smaller sets. This is the towel rack in the deer cabin. Not that I can do that with elk sheds. Bathroom too small :). But you get the idea. I’d appreciate the hookup mule power. If he’s interested please PM me. Thanks. Jeff

23-Dec-18

23-Dec-18
Sheds like you are talking about go for about $15 per pound here in MT. Then you would have to pay the shipping. I'm talking about brown ones. The white ones are much less. I've got several matching white ones including a set about 58" main beams that would be a 330 bull. Trouble is it has a broadhead embedded halfway up one beam and I like showing to people.

23-Dec-18
I'd suggest searching Craigslist ads in the Rocky Mountain region too, there are always antlers for sale. You'd have to find a seller willing to ship though...

23-Dec-18
Any ideas on shipping costs?I’m sure it’s through the roof.

23-Dec-18
It would be a lot cheaper to ship to cut off the antlers and then re-attach them to the skull. Easy Peasy

23-Dec-18
Beautiful work on those cabins!

23-Dec-18
The cheaper the better cnelk. Thanks elkmtn. Me, my son, and one of our buddies are building them. We started the first of the year and hope to have 8 of em by next fall.

23-Dec-18
Your cheapest bet when you factor in shipping may be to contact a high fence operation or an actual elk farm. I know of several places on the east coast that farm them but I’m not sure about West Virginia. If you could drive and pick them up it would probably save you in the end as you could pick up a few sets and shipping a set of decent antlers could prove spendy. Cabins look awesome!

23-Dec-18
Thanks Travis. Road trip is probably the way to go. Our elk heard is new and few. I do live on the KY border so if I can find a hookup there it would be ideal.

23-Dec-18
put "elk antlers" and hit enter on ebay there are a few.

23-Dec-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Sportoutfitter

I have this euro of a smaller 5pt I’d be willing to part with for no charge.

Let me know if you’re interested

23-Dec-18
Man, that’s cool BK. I’d love to have it. I hope there is something I can do for you in return. We’re a long way from one another but if your ever close you got a weekend on me buddy. I’ll pm you some contact info. Look forward to talking to you. Thanks again, really!

23-Dec-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
No prob Sportoutfitter - I have pics to remember him :)

23-Dec-18
Jeff I have a 5pt rag horn I killed in Colorado you can have. It looks like the pic above but some of the points are broken off from fighting. It's been laying in my garage floor for several years collecting dust. I will be coming through Charleston in a couple weeks and can meet you there or west of there before I get off my exit if your interested? Shannon

23-Dec-18
This right here is why there’s no better place than Bowsite. This forum is packed full of top notch people. Multiple people offered me sheds and mounts. CNELK, your the man! Thanks to you guys. Very appreciated!!!

24-Dec-18
Just noticed this one. If you are still looking, I have a 5 point that is not in quite as good of shape as cnelk's but a pretty decent bull that I just hung out in the fence and might have some other antlers around. I could do like cnelk suggested and cut the antlers off and box up the head and antlers for you and you could just dowel and glue them back on. Let me know.

24-Dec-18
Thanks Treeline and ALL you FINE fellas. Between cnelk and vaelkhntr I think I’m good. Should of expected as much. This has to be the finest collection of men on the web!!! Thanks To you as well Pat, for putting it all together. Merry Christmas men. It sure is for me :)

24-Dec-18
It's rewarding to know your trophies are on someone's wall being enjoyed. I've given away 2 of my largest bou, a 6 point bull about 320", and a 10 pt whitetail.

Both my sons have small homes and when I go, almost all my trophies will end up on eBay or some garage sale.

• Sitka Gear