Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Ogoki 23-Dec-18
Ogoki 23-Dec-18
papadeerhtr 23-Dec-18
t-roy 24-Dec-18
drycreek 24-Dec-18
23-Dec-18
I got this bow December 25,1966. Was 11 years old. As you can see i still have it at 63 years old. I remember that Christmas so well. I would have just about died ,if I didnt get a bow. Left so many hints that it was unreal. Remember as if was yesterday. It is a Ben Pearson Super Jet. 30 lbs. Took me while before I got my first rabbit with it . That rabbit tasted SO GOOD !! With my beagle that now was my companions. Remember so well ,hurrying home from school, to go to our 5 acres of nursery stock. Parents had flower shop and greenhouses along with raising shrubbery . Perfect rabbit habitat. Didn't start deer hunting until 1990, and up graded to a Bear compound (Kodiak Special, which I still also). Oh the memories !!!

23-Dec-18

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
Forgot to post pic

23-Dec-18
That's really cool to still have that bow. I don't have my 1st bow but do have my first shotgun a 870 wingmaster and my first 22 a glenfield semi auto model 60 with the engraved squirrel on stock.

24-Dec-18
Lots of good memories there, Ogoki! I still have my pellet gun that I got for Christmas in 1967. Huge upgrade from the Red Ryder BB gun.

24-Dec-18
I had an old kid's longbow when I was 13/15 years old. The only thIngs I ever killed with it were a cottonmouth moccasin and a rat as big as a cat squirrel. I had lots of fun roaming the woods with it and shooting random stuff, what people wood call stump shooting now. I knew nothing about form, arrows, spine, etc. but that didn't keep me from having fun. I outgrew it and I guess it got lost in the shuffle.

• Sitka Gear