YZF-88 24-Dec-18
IdyllwildArcher 24-Dec-18
BULELK1 25-Dec-18
sticksender 25-Dec-18
Dogman 25-Dec-18
Dogman 25-Dec-18
BULELK1 26-Dec-18
24-Dec-18
Has anyone been around Willard Peak? Hows the Goats looking up there? You around Robb?

24-Dec-18
Everyone is still here. Some leave for a bit of time but eventually all come back.

Rob is on every day and generally posts in the middle of the night.

24-Dec-18
Wow that’s interesting!!!!!!

24-Dec-18
Willard Peak Goats are fine. Robb will hop on and share pics I’m sure, he had some close encounters hiking this summer.

24-Dec-18
The biggest billy I see every year drops down as soon as hunting season starts. It’s like clockwork! Hope I draw a tag some year!

24-Dec-18
"Rob is on every day and generally posts in the middle of the night."

Like 3 AM. The man is a very early riser. He's usually on when I'm posting in the evening in AK.

25-Dec-18

BULELK1's Link
Sorry Tommy, I slept in! it's 0327 MST-------->

Check out this link from earlier this year.

No worries on helping ya out man, if ya draw!

Good luck, Robb

25-Dec-18
Wow thanks for that link. I missed the conclusion of that thread back in Sept. The billy taken by WiscPete has incredible heavy horns.

25-Dec-18
Robb was a fantastic source of info for this hunt! I would caution anyone putting in for the Any Goat tag in this unit though. Here was my observation: I hunted with two other guys that have a ton of experience goat hunting. Also had a biologist do a bit of scouting for us the day prior to us arriving. In 3 days we saw 2 billies. Well over 40 nannies, but 2 billies...The bio said the count last year was over 200, this year was a 2 digit number. I forget the exact number he said but I want to say it started with an 8. We scoured the mountain from every angle and every parking lot we could find on the West side, from the North end to the South. From the top we looked at everything we could over on the East side. Hiked from Willard to Ben Lomond...nothing but nannies and kids. Numbers of billies were disappointing. We actually witnessed a lion take down a kid goat from a church parking lot. That was pretty crazy. Did we miss some goats, obviously we did, but I would think we should have been seeing billies in “no man’s land”. We saw 1. Besides the one I shot, that is the only billy we saw in 3 days.

25-Dec-18

Dogman's embedded Photo
Dogman's embedded Photo
Only 2 teeth in this guy’s food processor.

26-Dec-18
The later in the hunt/season, the more challenging it can be, that is for damn sure!!

Working Graveyard shift for 25 years kinda locks the body into it's own time zone! haha

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear