Bob Hildenbrand 26-Dec-18
elkstabber 27-Dec-18
midwest 27-Dec-18
12yards 27-Dec-18
midwest 27-Dec-18
Redheadtwo 27-Dec-18
SB 30-Dec-18
26-Dec-18
After all these years and all the different string silencers I've tried, I haven't found anything that works as well as good ol' cat whiskers. They are kind of a pain to install and break down fairly quickly, though. Definitely reduce speed as well.

Has anyone found anything better or "as good as" cat whiskers?

26-Dec-18
Not me. Cat whiskers are hard to beat.

26-Dec-18
How are you installing your’s Nick? I’ve always just used a small zip tie to attach them to my string. Piece of cake. Not sure if there’s any potential problems in doing it this way, or if it doesn’t absorb as much vibration this way? Been doing it this way for years and, so far, I’ve never had any problems at all.

26-Dec-18
T-Roy, fold or role the whiskers up the long way. Wet them with some spit for lubrication. Tie them on with a granny knot. Once tight stretch the ends and slowly trim them with a scissors to separate.

26-Dec-18
The heavier the arrow the better the string silencers work.

26-Dec-18
I don’t have any issues with them coming off at all with the zip tie, jingalls. I do like you stated, grab the tag ends and stretch them a bit, then trim them with scissors to separate.

26-Dec-18
T-Roy, I’ve never used a zip tie. Do you ever have issues with the zip causing string abrasions?

26-Dec-18
The zip tie dies not come in contact with the string. It is only touching the rubber which surrounds the string

26-Dec-18
I’ve used them for a long time (probably 15-20 years) and have never had any problems using them. My only question would be is, if they are tied on or fastened another way, would they do a better job of deadening the string vs using zip ties. I would think it would be negligible.

26-Dec-18
The best thing I have found is using nothing. Stopped using anything about ten years ago and all the deer I have killed since hasn't seemed to mind. I'm also really def so my bow is pretty quiet to me.

26-Dec-18
Another zip tier here. Cat whiskers are water proof. Nuff said.

27-Dec-18
Not sure if what I use is "cat whiskers" or not. I use bass fishing jig material. There are two kinds. There is the square cross section material that is mostly silicone. There is the round cross section material that is old school rubber. There other kinds (flat) that aren't useful as string silencers.

I use the round cross section and I tie it on with thread just like a finesse bass jig. It is the quieter and more durable material.

27-Dec-18
The cat whiskers are rubber but they are flat, not round.

27-Dec-18
I have whiskers on a couple bows and Monkey Tails on another. Like them both. I use serving material to tie on the whiskers.

27-Dec-18
12yards, I use serving material as well for my whiskers. I like when they make a nice, round ball because I'm kind of ocd about it.

27-Dec-18
Beaver Balls. Light,quiet,and you just wind them thru the strands.

30-Dec-18
Tried putting cat whiskers on with zip-ties......the zip-ties always broke! Went back to tying them on with serving thread.

• Sitka Gear