Mexican Hunter 27-Dec-18
skull 27-Dec-18
Deerplotter 27-Dec-18
Scar Finga 27-Dec-18
bighorn 27-Dec-18
Franklin 27-Dec-18
Charlie Rehor 27-Dec-18
26-Dec-18
Guys, do anyone here use the led bow sights? Do you recommend them?

26-Dec-18
Are your referring too the light on the fiber optic sights? If so, then I have one on my bow sight. but, In my experience it's usually to dark to see what I am shooting at by the time I can use the light, so not really that effective for me.

26-Dec-18
I am referring to the ones that have an electronic pin.

26-Dec-18
If you can`t see todays modern sight pins....it`s too dark to shoot.

26-Dec-18
My question refers to electronic pin bow sights, like the Apex Covert Pro. Or the Try Glo Range Rover. If anyone has shot with one of them. My eyesight is blurring (I am 60) and I want to find options that can help me shoot better (of course, not when it is dark).

27-Dec-18
No sir, I have no experience with those. BTW I shoot/ hunt with glass on and it's very easy. Have you seen an eye doc? Good Luck!

27-Dec-18
You need a “Verifier”. This is a lens that fits in your peep and clears the blurry pins. They make 5 different powers and you test each one on-line or at a bow shop to determine the one that best clears up your pins and does not distort the down range animal. Also avoid red pins as they distort the most. Green pins are best.

No worries as it happens to us all around age 50. Good luck.

27-Dec-18
Yup like Charlie says clears it right up. Had same issue

27-Dec-18
I have the Covert pro Power Dot on 2 of my bows. I was a diehard HHA guy but really wanted the more open sight window of a dot. I really like these sights I do believe they help with aging eyes as well. I shoot these sights as well without my glasses on as when I am wearing them.

27-Dec-18
Rutnstrut x2!

27-Dec-18
I just purchased a range rover pro and have been shooting it daily. I also use a verifier I need all that just to be able to see like I did when I was a kid. I shoot 3D and add a 2 power lens. My observations I like the electronic dot and with variable light intensities I can see to shoot almost anywhere. I come from a single pin background and I like being able to settle in for the shot above the target and be able to see everything below the dot. I do not like the second dot (red) below the green dot. It interferes with my concentration on the green dot. They are on same system and must be used as a single unit, they should have put each dot on different electronics so I could turn off the red dot until I need it. I had to trade out the new aperture (2 dots) with the single dot aperture. Hope this helps

27-Dec-18
I should have also mentioned that it is not P&Y legal if that is important to you, you can easily replace the aperture with your original pins if you want to be P&Y legal.

27-Dec-18

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Franklin I guess you’ve never hunted out of a blind with only a tiny hole to shoot out. Not much light gets in regardless of how bright it is outside.

27-Dec-18
Not trying to pick on Franklin, but all the things I mentioned above only bring me back to seeing like I did when I was younger, 72 now and still shooting just cant see what I am aiming at.

27-Dec-18
Not trying to pick on Franklin, but all the things I mentioned above only bring me back to seeing like I did when I was younger, 72 now and still shooting just cant see what I am aiming at.

27-Dec-18
Charlie Rehor Where can I see one of them “Verifier”

27-Dec-18

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Go to their site: www.specialtyarch.com

27-Dec-18
thanks guys for the feedback. With my aging eyesight I think I will use the verifier or the 2X magnifier with the Apex or the Truglo bow sights.

27-Dec-18
Thanks

27-Dec-18
Charlie- not to high jack the thread but I shoot a verifier and when conditions are bad have trouble with it fogging up or getting wet inside it and have trouble seeing through it. Any suggestions?

27-Dec-18
Deerplotter,

Scope Dope, and/ or Cat Crap may solve that for you. put it on with your finger and let it dry, then wipe it off with a clean lent free cloth. it's like wax a car! Oddly, I have also had really good results using straight carnauba wax. I have also found that multiple coats work way better than a single application! Just my 2 cents.

27-Dec-18
Charlie has it rite. Helped me.

27-Dec-18
When blind hunting I make sure my bow is near the area to collect light. It`s not pitch black in a blind during the day. Fiber optics only need a small amount of light to work. Just saying.

27-Dec-18
Good suggestions by Scar. Perhaps RainX applied to both sides with a q-tip? I don’t hunt in the rain very often but I do carry the removal tool and have unscrewed the lens temporarily if it’s really bad. I’ve also wrapped the peep with a handkerchief to protect it from rain.

• Sitka Gear