Huntiam 31-Dec-18
Dinny 01-Jan-19
Huntiam 01-Jan-19
Dinny 20-Jan-19
Mule Power 20-Jan-19
Huntiam 22-Jan-19
Shug 22-Jan-19
29-Dec-18
Does anyone have a recommendation for an outfielder (or someone who does it on the side) to shoot a bear behind dogs.

I live in Cincinnati and hoping to find something not over a days drive. I’ll check game laws in the Eastern states as I’m a transplant and not familiar, but wanted to ask here first. Not looking to break any records, just an adult bear.

29-Dec-18
I’d look into Maine trophy outfitters or laney’s guide service here in Maine. Both have outstanding track records

29-Dec-18
Dudley brook guide service in maine I did a dog hunt with them 2 years ago they are great think the hunt was like $1300 for 5 days you stay in a cabin, they feed you and tons of beautiful country.

29-Dec-18
Awesome- thank you so much!

29-Dec-18
Skinner Creek (a sponsor here) in BC. Well worth the travel. His place and pack are amazing.

29-Dec-18
Bart Lancaster in BC.

29-Dec-18
Rick Losier, Errol, NH or Tom Parker, Milan, NH

29-Dec-18
I did a dog hunt in 2008,,,,, busted my a.. with the guys I went with, better be in shape,, had a great time, and got a nice 200lb boar

29-Dec-18
Thanks again for all the feedback and recommendations!

29-Dec-18
Just a FYI If some one is doing it on the side and takes any compensation for it it is illegal. Tips,dog, food, gear, anything

29-Dec-18
Idaho. That depends on the state.

WI and MI both have great opportunities but require you to draw a tag. Depending on unit that could be 1-9 years.

29-Dec-18
I don’t know about those states but most states don’t allow private people to run there hounds for someone else and take compensation for it

29-Dec-18
I also know that running bears with hounds is fun I do it every year. Bay ups are great

29-Dec-18
We do if you want to come to Virginia next yr I’ll put you on one... this has been a bad yr not much mash we’ve only killed 11...most yrs we kill 15-20 or more.. seasons a month long and we hunt every day bring your boots or 2 pair be in shape and come on next yr 3/4 days I’ll gurantee you a bear..all I want is someone with a tag have prob put over 20 people on there first bear

30-Dec-18

Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Today

30-Dec-18
Huntiam that is awesome man close to home I live in eastern shore Maryland.

30-Dec-18
HuntIam,

That is Very Cool! It's on my wish list!!!

30-Dec-18
It’s a blast bow hunting whitetails is my passion. But after December rolls around we run he hide off them the area I am in is covered up in bear... I still deer hunt some in the evenings most days were done running by 12 or 1...

30-Dec-18
huntiam what you charge? id love to go again one year

30-Dec-18
Heck we don’t charge nothing not a guide were just a bunch of rednecks who love to hound hunt

31-Dec-18
My VA bear tag went unfilled this year. I didn't even know bears could be hunted with hounds. I plan to participate in a introductory hound hunt in King and Queen County this coming Friday but deer, turkeys, and coyotes are our query. I'd enjoy a good hound hunt for bears!

Happy New Year!

Thanks, Dinny

31-Dec-18
C’mon dinny..another one died today

01-Jan-19
Any bears today?

01-Jan-19
No bad day walked one all day big bear never climbed only 1 guy seen him in 6hr..still got 3 dogs out

20-Jan-19
How many more did you get before the season closed? Thanks, Dinny

20-Jan-19
What are the season dates in Virginia?

22-Jan-19
Our group killed 13 this yr...very tough yr..the last week of season couldn’t buy a bear or a track... no food and rained 4 or 5 days that last week....season in Va is from the first Monday in December-First Sat in Jan most yrs

22-Jan-19
I second Rick Lausier.. good guy , fun to be around and a hard hunter with good dogs. I’ve done a couple of hound hunts and a bait hunt years ago with him. That reminds me I should give him a call...Thanks

• Sitka Gear