kota-man 15-Jan-19
Busta'Ribs 15-Jan-19
kota-man 15-Jan-19
smarba 15-Jan-19
Busta'Ribs 15-Jan-19
Muley 15-Jan-19
12yards 16-Jan-19
30-Dec-18
Just finishing up my Northern Ontario bow season tomorrow night. I see that Sitka has a pretty good price on their Fanatic Jacket (the one with Berber Fleece). I hunt in really cold weather up here and want to get feedback re the quietness of this model. On their website, reviews extol the quietness AND others damn it!!??? What gives? Pat L. I see that you appear to wear the Berber Fanatic, what is your thoughts if you don't mind? You and or others can PM me if you wish not to post on the this thread. Sure hope that's not the case!!

best regards and season wishes to all Harold Hergott aka Canuck

30-Dec-18
Harold as cold as it is up there you may want to consider the incinerator series as opposed to the fanatic it’s a different material on the outside not the fleas but whichever way you go remember it’s all Sitka all the time

30-Dec-18
Canuck, I have the Fanatic (Sitkas quietest system) the incinerator jacket and bibs and the Blizzard parka. For quietness you would be better off wearing a high quality down coat and bibs with a very large Berber fleece jacket and bibs over top. The incinerator and blizzard are not quiet enough to draw on a late season Whitetail unless it’s windy. And the Fanatic is a November temperature level system. You could buy a very large fanatic and wear it over down, but the cost would be high. I love the quality and fit of Sitka but it’s not quiet.

30-Dec-18
In the Midwest right now until mid-January. I’ll wear the Fanatic every day!

They have re-done the Fanatic Jacket and Bibs for 2019. Either wait for that or get this years models at a great price! Good luck! C

30-Dec-18
For Midwest US hunting the fanatic will work as it’s very mild temps compared to northern Ontario. Usually about a 30 degree difference between the two.

30-Dec-18
I recently bought a fanatic vest. I had 0 luck finding a vest made of quiet cloth material. Cabelas makes a berber fleece vest but I really like the fanatic. The fanatic has an 80 primloft insulated layer that is a bit warmer than most....I believe the incinerator is 60.

The thing I like about the fanatic is the fleece is a lot quieter than most outers plus it likely won't get beat up in brush. The vest has a really nice hand warmer pouch in front with a fairly large enclosed pouch that would be great for quick and quiet access to calls, shells, and other gear. It is a little bulkier and heavier than other vests but I should be toasty warm and quiet!

30-Dec-18
Hiw do you guys hunt with so much clothes on?

31-Dec-18
I'm with Scoot! MULTI, did I say multi layers? and practice is a must, plus I shoot with a shorter draw length in order to have my left/bow arm a bit bent, with a low wrist to ensure string clearance! Well it's 5 am and time to get ready for second last sit this morning for 3 hours, then the finale this afternoon for another 3. Then I guess, it's hurry Spring Bear Hunt! all the best and thanks for the comments

31-Dec-18
If it's not too terribly cold the fanatic vest is pretty nice for shooting!

31-Dec-18
Love my fanatic jacket.... especially the pouch! The windstopper is worth it, and while not 'as quiet' when compared to strait fleece-it is a great jacket and I think you would like it. No regrets here and I'm in Iowa. Not as cold but gets a bit chilly:)

31-Dec-18
Regarding "not as quiet"; just wait until you (can't) hear the 2019 Fanatic...

02-Jan-19
If you want warm "technical" gear for winter stand hunting I recommend you look into first lite sanctuary. Warmer than the sitka fanantic and quieter, as warm as the incinerator but quiet enough to draw when dead still.

02-Jan-19
Love my fanatic set here in Iowa. Was a base temp of 12 degrees past Saturday not including humidity or wind chill.

I was plenty warm (with the exception of my feet).

Sitka has earned my business, and will continue to do so when the money is available for the next piece I decide I want.

02-Jan-19
Enough guys have already let the cat out of the bag so I’ll add my two cents. I had a chance to try the new Fanatic line in Nov in sub zero temps and it is going to reset the bar for ultra quiet extreme cold weather bowhunting clothing. I’ve sold everything to make room for the new gear. It’s awesome stuff. Sleeping bag cozy and cotton ball quiet. You guys will dig it the most.

03-Jan-19
Wow I hope it’s true. Still rocking the original forest. If they came out with a pattern that was a lot more broken up like ASAT or Predator it would be an easy decision. Even if it really is cotton ball quiet however, I may have to re mortgage the house.

03-Jan-19
I can guarantee you the new line will be the best thing ever put in the whitetail woods until the 2020 line comes out! Ha! Why do they do this to us? :-)

03-Jan-19
I'm from MN and I've found it to be much better to get your deer before it gets that damn cold. ;^D

03-Jan-19
Get a heater body suit. Never goes out of style. Best way to keep warm on stand.

04-Jan-19
The first lite sanctuary comes in ASAT

04-Jan-19
Sitka is legit, costly but will not be disappointed!!

10-Jan-19

No Mercy's Link
Here's a peek at the 2019 models!

10-Jan-19
Like I said above, I field tested the new Fanatic line in November. In addition to the clothing, I can tell you, that new pack is really going to be a game changer. Wait till you guys see the new buckle-less strap system they came up with. Those Sitka brains are pretty ingenious dudes. "The science of nothing", meaning, being there, without being there. Silent impact. So - silent cloth, no zippers, no buckles to "click", next-level stuff. And my big-honking rattling horns actually fit inside the pack, which is a first for me. I use a big, long tined 160ish 5x5 pair of sheds that sound awesome and have a "ring" that really carries. I've always had to lash them to the outside of my pack, which left them exposed to click and tick off of whatever on the way in/out and up/down my stand, so stowing them inside the pack is a big plus for me. I can't wait for next November!

10-Jan-19
In my opinion, the Fanatic I have is pretty darn quiet... but here's the kicker. I haven't even worn it once this year because it hasn't really been cold enough to be worthwhile. Probably not an issue for a Canuck.

10-Jan-19
Wow, the new stuff looks awesome. MSRP in Cdn dollars will be roughly a $676 hit to the wallet after taxes. Wish I was in the market!

Until then I'll hunt with my current setup. As to the quietness I have never found it to be an issue to draw down on a whitetail in cold frosty temps. This year however I was wearing a Sanctuary jacket I got for free so I was pretty pumped about that. I layered a Kuiu superultradown puffy underneath it which is a super noisy layer if you wear it on the outside, but underneath I was able to draw on about a 155" mature (I'm guessing 6-8 year old) Canadian whitetail at 20 yards, draw down and draw again at 18 yards and he never heard one of them in open poplar forest. That means it's quiet enough. I never spooked any deer drawing with the original Fanatic Jacket in the old pattern either.

10-Jan-19
Is this new line strictly on the “Fanatic” series, or are they going to include the Incinerator or other pieces?

Agree with APauls. I wear my Kuiu puffy tops and bottoms layered underneath some polar fleece layers. Quiets thing way down. I haven’t ever been busted drawing down on a deer (by the sound). By movement is a different story, though.

10-Jan-19
The Fanatic series is improved for 2019; not the Incinerator that I'm aware of.

12-Jan-19

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo

12-Jan-19
Chris-is the EVII camo a bit darker than the previous model?

12-Jan-19
I don't think so, pretty sure it's the same, probably just the lighting in that photo.

12-Jan-19
Thanks Chris:)

12-Jan-19
I'm not sure why but they didn't list the Fanatic vest? Maybe the one I just bought is last year's model. The vest is a big chunk less $. I actually like having my arms free with the vest. An added plus is the vest is super quiet! If it gets super cold I have the option of adding a long sleeve outer.

14-Jan-19

Busta'Ribs's Link
Here's a look at the new line from the ATA, including a good review of the new pack.

14-Jan-19
What's the Celsius jacket like?

14-Jan-19
The Celsius is a fantastic mid weight piece. Great down to about 30 degrees or so, IMO, or colder when used under the Fanatic vest. That’s exactly what I’m using here in NJ for winter bow this year, since I won’t have the new Fanatic gear until next year. I expect to get a lot of use out of the Celsius jacket next fall too.

14-Jan-19

Busta'Ribs's Link
Here's a video review of the Celsius jacket...

14-Jan-19
I love my Sitka , but real cold temps you cant beat the HBS. I hunted Saturday morning it was like 15 , and can say I was toasty warm . A few times had to unzip it a little cause I was getting to hot . I wore the Sitka a few times in some cold temps and was never very warm. But I cant take the cold like I used to .

14-Jan-19
Also a big fan of the Celcius Jacket. Layering the Shacket or Fanatic vest underneath can cover some pretty cold weather.

14-Jan-19
Charlie, you put the vest underneath? I love the handwarmer pocket too much to bury it.

15-Jan-19
That is what I would rather have, a Celsius jacket that you can layer when it gets colder. What pants go with a Celsius jacket?

15-Jan-19
12yards...Pick the EV2 pants that fit your needs to go with the Celsius. It's not like these are "granimal outfits". :) Stratus, stratus bibs, Fanatic bibs, Fanatic Lite Bibs...Take your pick...

15-Jan-19
I was just trying to figure out a set of pants that had similar thermal capabilities and material as the Celsius jacket. Thanks for your help.

15-Jan-19
Then, I would say the new Fanatic Bibs.

15-Jan-19
Closest pants to the Celsius jacket would be the Stratus pants. And those two pieces will probably cover a good deal of your fall season in most areas. Fanatic is for colder conditions.

15-Jan-19
Chris...The Stratus doesn't have any insulation...Just the wind barrier correct? I said the Fanatic because they (along with the Incinerator) are the only truly insulated pieces.

15-Jan-19
Kota is mostly correct. The Stratus has windblocker with a micro grid fleece, so a tad more warmth than having no insulation. But nowhere near what the Celsius Jacket provides with Primaloft and brushed shell/lining. There isn't really a pant that "matches" the Celsius, but I'd lean toward the Fanatic Bibs...but if I got the bibs I'd lean toward the Fanatic Jacket instead...

15-Jan-19
You're spot on K, Sitka doesn't make a "matching" pant for the Celsius jacket, but they do for the Fanatic jacket with the bibs. I wear the Stratus pants with the merino base layer in cool temps above freezing along with the Celsius jacket and find it works well. But I think the Fanatic gear is overkill unless it's below freezing.

15-Jan-19
I wish there was a way they could incorporate a harness system into their bids or coat. Some kind of webbing or support system sewed in that you just hook a tether strap to and connect to the tree. That would be awesome.

Sounds like they have addressed the burr issue. That's huge for me. The 2019 version looks to be a winner.

16-Jan-19
I think I would want the Stratus pant if it is fleece with windblocker. This is what I hunt with now with my old Cabelas Legacy Fleece. It is a fleece w/ windblocker or whatever their name was for it. This is perfect for me until it gets down where highs are in the mid to low 30s. Then I'll break out the heavier stuff. This is what I hunt with the most in the Midwest in late October and early November if temps are average. With good baselayers I can even hunt with highs in the 30s with this stuff if I'm used to being out in the cold. My Legacy Fleece is getting pretty old and it might be time to upgrade.

• Sitka Gear