Bowriter 31-Dec-18
drycreek 31-Dec-18
BIG BEAR 01-Jan-19
BigOk 01-Jan-19
bigswivle 01-Jan-19
30-Dec-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Due to warm weather, rain and fog. There was little deer movement at White Oak. Hogs yes.Now, there are nine less. Swamp was flooded.

30-Dec-18
Makin’ bacon

30-Dec-18
Swine and fine wine!!

31-Dec-18

I should mention, due to biologists suggestions, we do not handle the hogs without gloves and do not eat the meat. They try to kill as many as they can-year around- and leave them where they fall if possible. Also-dare I say it- all are shot with rifles. Mine were shot from 145-275 yards and this one was used simply for picture sake. If at all possible, we do not touch them. These hogs all started from a group of five that were released by jealous, adjoining landowners some 12-years ago. They are far more harmful to the environment and wildlife than any other factor. High water helped a lot in us getting the shooting-it forced them out of the swamp. I took these pictures just before I started shooting. Range is about 150-yards.

31-Dec-18

There is a disease, proven with two confirmed cases, that these hogs for sure and maybe all feral hogs in the area, carry a disease that can be spread to man, just through contact. Just handling or dressing with bare hands is sufficient. This disease causes various symptoms including permanent blindness in humans. I cannot remember the name. Biologist advise us not to handle or for sure, not to eat any of the meat. It is severe enough that they, (W.O.), have been given permission to kill in any manner and at any time they can. Eradication is impossible. Anytime you can kill nine in twp days during daylight, you have a severe problem. We have been advised to shoot, when possible, so that they will run off into the swamp to die. We have also been told to pick sows, when possible. Seven of the nine were sows but at the distance I was shooting, I couldn't be sure on all of them. I have never hog hunted and only killed tow in my life, prior to this. On this hunt, I was targeting pigs. And no, there was not one thing sporting about it. Oh-no, dogs were not used. I simply ambushed them in food plots or clearings in the swamp. This picture was taken at 222-yards, from the blind. Unfortunately, this one dropped on the spot.

31-Dec-18

31-Dec-18

31-Dec-18
More info on the disease please. Something doesn't sound right.

31-Dec-18
kill 'em all

31-Dec-18
Ride the Lightning

31-Dec-18
As far as I know, and I know very little about it, the disease can only be transmitted to humans and other hogs. I could sure be wrong about that. I never heard of it before. I'll try and get more info. I'm sure Auburn has something on it.

Love you Hawkeye. MASH was one of my favorite shows.

31-Dec-18

Damn straight it is fishy. Carp up to 20# in my driveway. Just got an emergency flood warning. This is my driveway. Hang tight, Stick, it's running uphill, this time.

Try to post something informative and and some small-minded hod carriers come like a pack of beagle puppies. Folks at Auburn will be back after next week and I will get info. I may or may not post it . It will depend on Hawkeye, Hot Lips and The Sick Spring.

Just kidding-this may or may not be important info. I'll relay what I find out. Just FYI- Not trolling-shot every one of those pigs with a .308 rifle. Not a damn thing about bowhunting and if that chaps you, kiss it where it hurts with my blessing.

31-Dec-18
Very bad article. Too much info missing. How do you write something about a disease but can’t name the disease.

31-Dec-18
That is because, I don't have the information. I don't work with hogs. But I love the way you spell, "informativation."

31-Dec-18
Good shooting John, ain't nothin like watching hogs drop. I hate the bastards with a passion and I don't eat them either. Killed around thirty on my place this year, and just closed on the sale this morning. They are someone else's problem now.

01-Jan-19
John..... You’re welcome to come up to Michigan and shoot every pig you can find on public land and I don’t care if you throw them in a dumpster.... They’re an invasive species here that escaped from high fence hunting enclosures. Our DNR has basically said shoot them all. Kill some Asian carp on your way up here too please.

01-Jan-19
When it comes to hogs, shoot them all with a rifle. They cause to much damage to not shoot everyone you see. Nice shootin'.

01-Jan-19
Kill. Them. All

• Sitka Gear