Missouribreaks 05-Nov-20
TrapperKayak 05-Nov-20
Boatman71 05-Nov-20
Bentstick54 05-Nov-20
Bentstick54 05-Nov-20
Missouribreaks 05-Nov-20
Will 06-Nov-20
02-Jan-19
Deer season has closed in Michigan and my post season depression has already kicked in. What do you guys do to fight this feeling between now and turkey season?

02-Jan-19
Pheasants at least until the end of January. You could go ice fishing. Or take up Yoga ;)-

02-Jan-19
What feeling?

02-Jan-19
Coyotes and sheds

02-Jan-19
Ice fishing. Rabbit hunting.

02-Jan-19
Start preparing for the next year's season: Cutting or improving shooting lanes, mineral sites (refresh or develop), stand repair, new stand site placement, cutting roads, post season scouting for previous season rutting signs (rubs & scrapes), equipment repair and/or replacement, catching good items on sale, washing, repairing and storing clothing, cleaning and storing boots, prep for 3-D season. This is just a few things that come to mind.

02-Jan-19
Hockey season for my boys. Then fishing spring and summer. If I still lived in MI, I would be steelhead fishing. Deer opener always sneaks up on me. It'll be here before you know it.

02-Jan-19
I hunt pheasants, quail, ducks, geese, chickens, coyotes, fish, target shoot, buy guns, repeat

02-Jan-19
On stand in an hour! No let down until 1/31/19

02-Jan-19
Run hounds.

02-Jan-19
I went from the UP to southern wis now, I can hunt till Jan 31,,,, that helps

02-Jan-19
build arrows, tie flies, catch up on all the stuff around the place I have neglected since bow season started in Aug.

oz

02-Jan-19
I too have this issue. In addition to ducks, I try to schedule one or two “off season” hunts. Last year Hogs in TX. This year NZ for wilderness Tahr. AZ has some options for deer hunting. Do a little research and get it in the calendar.

02-Jan-19
Tinker and watch elk huntin videos. Plan new hunts an look up new options for hunts. Down time is when new things and deas can be discovered. All part of the journey.

02-Jan-19

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
You learn to shift gears and relish the "other" seasons in life........I do love checking my areas "Post Mortem" as well.

02-Jan-19
Coues deer in January. Once February rolls around, I engross myself in the draws and my new thing is quail, geese, and ducks.

02-Jan-19

South Farm's embedded Photo
This!

02-Jan-19

The river is the best cure for cabin fever I know!

02-Jan-19

Feedjake's embedded Photo
Feedjake's embedded Photo
I get into a little bit of everything. Set some beaver snares last weekend and caught this flattail with my 3 year old along to check. Good times!

02-Jan-19
Leaving the game cameras out until the middle of January;see what made it through.We run an uplands preserve until April 15, then start the hatch for next fall.Only preserve left in the area so we have been busy.

02-Jan-19
Practice making little hunters. I said practice. Nine months from now would be getting close to hunting season;)

02-Jan-19
I flow right into running beagles on hare and running a trap line.

02-Jan-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Till have two weeks to hunt. Jan 15 archery close here . But the river is more fun to me. Turkeys will be gobbling soon!

03-Jan-19
Yotes, snowshoeing, Yoga classes hehe, workouts, inside remodeling projects ~~ man the list just keeps growing!!

Enjoy whatever ya decide to do

Good luck, Robb

03-Jan-19
If you are down in the dumps over a hunting season ending read the thread running entitled "Baby Hakon Samuel Andersen" and you'll get pretty undepressed pretty fast.

03-Jan-19
Never suffered from depression.

03-Jan-19
If you and your family are healthy and not visiting doctors and hospitals , then enjoy each day ,for whatever you can enjoy. Bou and I are are on the same page !!

03-Jan-19
No post season here. Fricking hogs are are 24/7/365 obligation. Just as soon as the Great Flood subsides they will start dying and I'll feel better !

03-Jan-19
I've decided to try and learn taxidermy. I kept the capes from the deer i harvested and have been collecting tools and supplies throughout the season. also been practicing fleshing and turning capes given to me by buddies...

03-Jan-19
Waterfowl Hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkOPeqLLltc

03-Jan-19
Ill start buying fishing stuff and getting ready for spring bass fishing. ill start looking for sheds and do some coyote hunting as well. another thing to pass the time is hop on amazon prime and catch up on Fresh Tracks, Solo Hunter, eastmans hunting etc.

03-Jan-19

Bucbuster's embedded Photo
Bucbuster's embedded Photo
What Buffalo 1 said. Property Management & Improvements (Build a better mousetrap) Shoot my bow (Recurve) Try to get better Date my wife again.. Honey do's Shed antler hunting (when conditions permit) Make money...repeat!

03-Jan-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Make jerky! :)

I agree with Buffalo1 as well. I also bring friends in to hunt pigs that don't have the opportunity where they hunt.

03-Jan-19
alcohol, binge eating, binge Netflix(already out of shows though), watching classifieds for gear. Hope to go look for some white bunnies up in the mountains though if good weather and days off coincide

04-Nov-20
count blessings on the things in life that matter more than what animal is next up on the hit list.

04-Nov-20
Just because the hunting season is over doesn't mean you can't pursue deer - weaponless, of course. Put on a ghillie suit and see how close you can get, practice stalking, scout for next year, track, take pictures/videos, etc. Since you won't be concerned about bumping deer and messing up a hunting area, you might learn far more than you ever would while actually hunting. Might be best to wait until gun season's over though, for obvious reasons.

05-Nov-20
Our season is in until feb 21. Since I killed my buck on nov 2 I been sleeping in some since I work 2nd shift lol. I will be after a doe from the ground with my recurve, never accomplished this yet. Also carve out selfbows and hunt squirrels and waterfowl.

05-Nov-20
No depression here, many other things to do in life.

05-Nov-20
Just glad I got to do it in the first place, am thankful for that. It keeps living on with me all season, am blessed with so many choices and opportunities in life, no room for depression, too many things to do.

05-Nov-20
After hunting season is over I bounce right into indoor archery competition, chase a few coyotes around the farms, maybe do a bit of ice fishing, then outdoor 3D is right around the corner.

05-Nov-20
Someone must really be board to bring up a thread from Jan 2019 about post season depression. Lol

05-Nov-20
Someone must really be board to bring up a thread from Jan 2019 about post season depression. Lol . I’m hunting the 2020 season .

05-Nov-20
Probably more bored.

06-Nov-20
Ouch. We have bow season through the Saturday after Thanksgiving here - so right in the thick of the rut and season right now. Gun season is "blah" for me, with a minor energy pick up in ML season which is the last half of December, roughly, here. So... lots of hunting to be done still.

That said, once the season ends I hang out with the family, work, xc ski, snow shoe, bike, hike, tie flies, fish with said flies or through the ice, odd chores etc...

• Sitka Gear