Sitka Gear
TruBall/Axcel horrible customer service!
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
ELKMAN 02-Jan-19
kota-man 02-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 02-Jan-19
Scar Finga 02-Jan-19
Bowbender 02-Jan-19
kota-man 02-Jan-19
Trial153 02-Jan-19
WapitiBob 02-Jan-19
Iowabowhunter 02-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 02-Jan-19
Shug 02-Jan-19
Redheadtwo 02-Jan-19
Aspen Ghost 02-Jan-19
Iowabowhunter 02-Jan-19
32Timbers 02-Jan-19
Franklin 03-Jan-19
bentshaft 03-Jan-19
Trial153 03-Jan-19
ELKMAN 03-Jan-19
ELKMAN 13-Feb-19
Bowfreak 13-Feb-19
02-Jan-19
I will keep you guys posted as this continues but here is where this currently sits:

I bought a brand new in the package Axcel Accutouch 5 pin movable sight. These sights retail between $375 to $400 dollars depending on source and configuration. As soon as I put it on the bow it was making a terrible buzzing sound. I immediately started searching online and found out that it is known defect on the early models and has been addressed with a new machined piece on the later productions. It is a revised block in the lateral movement that now has some adjustment screw to take some of the slop out of the small plastic bushing in the mechanism. Now this all happens before season so my new $400 dollar sight I just bought will not be on my hunting rig this season. That in and of itself is a huge disappointment and failure to say the least. I say: Since it's a known factory defect will you guys cover shipping or any other compensatory measure to offset my time and trouble after buying your brand new $400 dollar sight? Or can you just send me the piece and i can fix it myself? They say they will not ship me the new revised part to replace their defective one, and they won't cover any return shipping/label for my trouble. Not to mention the time I'm out of my sight, and the time spent packaging and running it to the $h!t show that is the USPS. I say well maybe you could just throw a .10 pin in the 5th pin to make my trouble/effort worth something? NOPE they say. We know our product is defective right out of the $400 dollar package and we will do absolutely nothing about it other than fix it at leisure after you pay another $20 bucks to ship back. As of now that is where this stands. I will say this, if this is where it finishes: I will NEVER support or buy another one of their products again. For anyone who thinks I'm just bashing: Do a search on here for the Axcel sights and see just how supportive I have been over the last 6-8 years. I have been shooting their Armortech sights exclusively since the day they hit the market, and like an idiot a actually bought one of their new Rheotechs just recently. Worst customer service I have seen in the archery industry. All I can say to sum up is: BUYER BEWARE.

02-Jan-19
I had a bad experience with their customer service with a Truball release. At the time I owned about 10 of their releases. Sold everyone of them...They were horribly rude...one of the worst CS experiences I've ever had at any level.

02-Jan-19
Wow, I didn’t like the yellow pin in a 5 sight configuration that tru glo had. I bought, contacted tru glo about getting a green fiber to replace it. I explained I’d be happy to purchase it. Guy just asked my mailing address, punched a few keys on his keyboard, and told me he’s have it shipped ASAP. No cost to me. I paid $35 for the whole thing new on eBay ckearence when I bought it too.

02-Jan-19
That sucks, can you send it back to where you bought it? (maybe a dumb ? at this point)

02-Jan-19
Bought an Armortech sight to go on my Hoyt Hyperforce. Buzzed like a rattlesnake. Shot for about a month, took the bow back for some adjustments. Mentioned that the sight buzzed and pretty much was unhappy with it. Shop gave me a full refund which I used to put on a MBG Widowmaker. Never looked back.

02-Jan-19
WV...This is "TruBall" not to be confused with "TruGlo"...

02-Jan-19
Bet I know what sight it was too. Buddy of mine was having fits with it about a month before we flew out on a caribou hunt last year. Finally got them to send the new part. He wasnt a happy camper. MBG or Spothogg. Nothing else gets on my bows.

02-Jan-19
My hunting partner sold his 5 minutes after opening the box.

02-Jan-19
That's too bad.

MBG has been on all my bows, may try spot hogg if I can find one reasonably priced. $400+ is absurd.

02-Jan-19
Gotcha Kota.

02-Jan-19
Had the same problems... posted it on here a couple months back as well...

I’m still looking for the perfect single pin sight myself...

02-Jan-19
$400 for a sight? There's a problem right there. A known defect the company won't honor and these sights are still being bought? An issue on both sides-buyer and seller.

02-Jan-19
Return it for full refund.

02-Jan-19
That's too bad.

MBG has been on all my bows, may try spot hogg if I can find one reasonably priced. $400+ is absurd.

02-Jan-19
Bummer. Ive had great CS through them. Had 3 releases repaired over the years at no cost and they have always been friendly.

03-Jan-19
$400 for a bowsight IS absurd. For that price you would think they would bend over backwards just to keep a post like this from ever appearing on the world wide web. Makes you wonder who`s running these companies.

03-Jan-19
I contacted their customer service on a release and the service was good, friendly and fast. But I didn't ask for any free stuff, only the warranty service.

03-Jan-19
HHA terra is getting a lot of praise for a single pin set up.

03-Jan-19
As of right now they are doing an about face and at least saying they are going to do the right thing. I will keep this updated to let everyone know how this turns out. I have to admit though, I don't love that it took this kind of response to get them to do the right thing.

13-Feb-19
They did fix it. (Took nearly a month to get back) Seems perfect now. I will say though this has been a bad experience from start to finish, and would definitely be something to consider going forward if you are choosing a product. I have to admit it did come out alright in the end.

13-Feb-19
There is no reason for it to have to work out this way. They were obviously in the wrong and should have bent over backwards to service something they know to be defective. There are way too many good options in the archery industry to have to deal with poor service. I am glad you got it worked out though.

• Sitka Gear