Animal Killer 03-Jan-19
Trial153 03-Jan-19
smarba 03-Jan-19
Denali 03-Jan-19
TD 04-Jan-19
Bowfreak 04-Jan-19
carcus 04-Jan-19
02-Jan-19
Getting set to order a new string and I see that my bow has a bunch of speed nocks. Internet search seems to lean toward them being useful but not necessary. Thoughts?

02-Jan-19
Absolutely, would not buy a new string without them. The manufacturers have them on for a reason, they work.

02-Jan-19
no downside

02-Jan-19
Yep, I never order strings/cables without them.

03-Jan-19
they are a plus. if you are ordering a new custom set just make sure you ask for them. sometimes they are an upcharge but well worth it

03-Jan-19
Depends, if they are placed correctly you may pick up some speed. Incorrectly you wont see any benefit or you can see decrease. Generally factory placement is correct.

03-Jan-19
For those who say it's a benefit, my understanding is they "might" help pick up 5fps. Yes they help a little, but not necessarily earth shattering, no?

That said I try to get my strings with about the same configuration speed nocks as the factory string.

03-Jan-19
There are some string oscillation advantages as well. Some cams, especially really fast bows, they help keep the string from jumping the string track. I would just have the builder make the string to factory specs.

04-Jan-19

TD's Link
60x had a blog about it a while back, using "rubber" replacements for speed knocks. See link. That is what I use on mine. I didn't mess with much testing, just put them where the factory speed nocks were. It's within a fps or so of stock strings.

Now I believe they recently offer speed nocks installed on their custom strings.

04-Jan-19
It is safe to say that if you purchased a bow in the last few years that the speed nock locations are optimal from the factory. In the past we could add speed nocks to a bow and pick up speed by playing with the locations, now you must add speed nocks if you want your bow to make IBO speed. It is not a huge deal for most bows but to me whenever you get "free" speed you should take it.

04-Jan-19
Ive put them on myself in the past but now order my strings with them on

• Sitka Gear