BadlandsRoger 03-Jan-19
Bow Bullet 03-Jan-19
Jaquomo 03-Jan-19
Franklin 03-Jan-19
02-Jan-19

No Mercy's Link
This is very interesting

02-Jan-19
It would be very interesting to see if we could get a corporate statement on their position on this. As if Dick's wasn't enough.

03-Jan-19
I firmly believe Cabelas was gobbled up to either change it or to eliminate it. Just look at their camo clothing selection. It`s virtually non-existent.

03-Jan-19
Cue the "toilet flush" sound effect for the legacy of Cabelas...

03-Jan-19
This is what happens when the FTC allows huge takeovers and there is now only one bigshot in the country that will do whatever they want. I'm glad I closed my account several months ago and will not buy a single product sold through BPS and Cabelas! I strongly suggest that everyone else do the same as I would suspect that with the way they have dropped their better Cabelas clothing lines, forced people to go with another credit card, etc. that this is only the beginning.

03-Jan-19
This would be a poor time to invest in Cabela's/BP. Diluting their image will likely be a net negative for them. If this trend continues expect to see the removal of all African mounts from their stores, of course followed by all other mounts, then the removal of certain types of firearms. It's a slippery slope and they have begun slipping.

03-Jan-19
FCC is a joke at this point. It's a lobbyists cash cow. We can buy our way out of any antitrust ruling.

03-Jan-19
Not much I buy from them now, maybe some fishing stuff or ammo if that's the only store that has it. BPS has never been that great, the Walmart of hunting stores. Cabelas was going in the toilet long before they sold out! Overpriced, no inventory, horrible shipping. not honoring the returns like they once did. Bad business all the way around.

Oh well. Sportmans and small local businesses for me, oh wait, I already o that as much as I can!

03-Jan-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Dick must be spinning in his grave...

03-Jan-19
Times are changing, and for Cabelas too. No surprises here.

03-Jan-19
I'm with Franklin. I've always believed Cabelas was bought to be eliminated as a competitor.

03-Jan-19
I just contacted Bob Foulkrod this morning who is a primary Pro Staffer for BPS. He has not heard anything from them referencing African photos but he is contacting them today for clarification. Sounds like this woman was just a local store pro staffer and was let go and is possibly just causing trouble. I can’t imagine BPS would take such a stupid stance but we will see.

03-Jan-19
Sorry,but some of the pettiness about this staffers’ lack of discounts makes me take a wait and see approach.

03-Jan-19

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
From Bob...

03-Jan-19
Social media can be a powerful weapon...I’d urge people to not pass along rumors from a disgruntled pro staffer.

03-Jan-19
Fake news! :-)

03-Jan-19
Disgruntled former Pro-staffer decided to do her own press release.

Sorry-Pat, feel free to delete the post.

03-Jan-19

Bea's embedded Photo
Bea's embedded Photo
i was a local pro staffer for BP/cabelas this last year...I opted not to re-new the new contract for various reasons....but I did not see anything about not posting African pics. So there's that to consider. I note tho she is sharing what she says is part of the contract....and it does mention it....weird.

03-Jan-19
She was a store staffer not national. This may be some garbage from the local store but rest assured I have forwarded this to the appropriate people. I know Johnny Morris and John Paul and I can’t believe they would endorse this. Bob Foulkrod shot the Big 6 with me years ago and all the mounts are displayed in a BPS store in PA. Are these to be removed now? Can’t believe this is a corporate policy.

03-Jan-19
yes...I'd say you are correct....I'm just saying ( and I have no idea if what she produced is legit) it did appear for her .....either national or just at store level. But again....I think its local...I too would be surprised if it wad corporate policy.

03-Jan-19
It seems they are just asking that no "safari animals" are posted to their social media sites. With the chit storm that seems to accompany these pictures now I can see that being a legitimate request from a national company in order to keep their head down.

03-Jan-19
The Pro Staff media guidelines clearly specify "North American animals". I think Brotsky is on it.

03-Jan-19
Americans just don't understand hunting in Africa.

03-Jan-19
She will surely be at SCI Convention next week. Maybe someone who participates on Bowsite could ask her in person about the situation and report their findings.

This could be helpful before we boycott and shut yet another business down.

I’ve got Dick’s, Yeti and Sitka so far that we have got in a stranglehold at present. Are there any other businesses I’ve missed?

03-Jan-19
Regardless of the outcome of this issue....it doesn`t change my opinion of them. Back in the heyday they were a great company....not so much anymore.

My daughter bought me a pair of Wooltimate pants and pullover for Christmas before it`s discontinued or the Outfitter camo is gone. I have older pieces of this camo. The pullover was so tight in the arms and forearms you couldn`t wear it. The pants were on BO for a size 36 waist...lol....when she called to check on the status they told her they cancelled the order as they have no idea when they will be restocked.

No thanks.

03-Jan-19
From the link - "Many people assumed I got gear for free from Cabela’s. FALSE. I was never even given so much as a hat. I had to pay for everything. While I got a small discount on branded items only, everything else was full price."

Hmmm, I have a hard time believing that... Doesn't "Pro" Staff, mean profession or professional meaning you are being paid?...

03-Jan-19
I did it as about the lowest store level PS entry level as possible. And I received Tee's. hat's and a few other little things....along with the agreed upon compensation. The compensation wasnt that much....but I agreed to it and it was perfect for a retired dude just looking to fill a few hours a month. I didnt re-new for a few reasons.....but imo they treated me more than fair and honored the contract that I agreed to. There were other higher compensated spots such as regional and national type PS positions.

03-Jan-19
Pro staff does not refer to professional. It means "promotional."

03-Jan-19
ah the internet, land of truth

03-Jan-19
Look at the last line in Bea’s post above:

“Animals shots that are excessively bloody or FEATURE EXOTIC ANIMALS will NOT be permitted”

03-Jan-19

From corporate....done.

03-Jan-19
Well that's fixed. Now if only Cabela's was restored to its former glory.

03-Jan-19
So we have not gotten two written statements. One statement from each party- the accuser and the accused.

I still stand firm with my original post, “She will surely be at SCI Convention next week. Maybe someone who participates on Bowsite could ask her in person about the situation and report their findings.” It always good to look somebody in the eyes when seeking the truth.

As we say in the The South, “There is a monkey wrench in the engine somewhere” on this issue.

03-Jan-19
Methinks one version was an attempt at a privately communicated policy, intended only for "internal" pro staffers. In other words, "be diplomatic and don't post stuff that might make us look bad to the non-hunting public."

Then once that private policy got out publicly and rattled their customer base, the second statement comes out as damage control.

03-Jan-19
^^^Sounds About Right for Corporate America^^^

03-Jan-19
Some villagers just can’t wait to light those torches....

03-Jan-19
I've never been a fan of BPS. I once guided Johnny Morris on a fishing trip and he was a complete prick. Middle of August and over 100 degrees on the river and he was expecting lights out fishing for trout. I worked my ass off for him and got stiffed on the tip. I was a Cabela's fan, and I've still got the card but I'm looking at my options. I was thinking about starting a new thread about hunting friendly credit cards.

03-Jan-19
Looking at Bea's post, in addition to the last line which says don't post pics of exotics, the first bulleted point under "Don't" specifically says no safari animals. Sure doesn't seem to align with the corporate statement.

03-Jan-19
I'm glad I was never a "store pro staffer", whatever that is. Had a much better deal as a field tester because everything was free. Of course, that gig went away with the merger. Too good to be true.

03-Jan-19
I also agree with SDHNTR.....I am very skeptical of what companies do and say AFTER they have been busted.

• Sitka Gear