TSI 20-Jan-19
grape 20-Jan-19
Bou'bound 20-Jan-19
grape 20-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 20-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 20-Jan-19
TSI 20-Jan-19
07-Jan-19
If any outfitters, preferably in Alberta, have a cancelation hunt for 2 hunters come open please message me. Thanks,

08-Jan-19
You are going to have much better luck by actually contacting the outfitter and getting on their cancellation list,

08-Jan-19
Theres a couple threads below this that have openings. May not be in Alberta but some good hunts.

08-Jan-19
Look at Tsi in New Brunswick.

08-Jan-19
If you're open to looking elsewhere I'd look to NB and give TSI a serious look. You won't be disappointed.

08-Jan-19
I would also suggest TSI in New Brunswick

13-Jan-19
We would probably be able to go with a months or so notice.

19-Jan-19
I'm always a bit leery about "cancelation" hunts. I always ask the outfitter for the name of the guy that canceled so I can call him to see if it is legit. It is sometimes seems best just to pay a reputable outfitter full price and figure he's going to give you better treatment because you paid full price compared to a guy that might be in camp on a discounted hunt.

19-Jan-19
FullTime expressed what I often wonder about outfitters offering “cancellation discounts” . In 30 plus years of guiding 99.9% of cancellations have been for medical reasons or a sudden death in family. In those instances I always postpone their hunt and honor the deposit. Simple matter of treating people fairly. Always thiught the discount game could bite you in the ass: if you offer it to one you better offer it to all or risk pissed off clients.

19-Jan-19
Is it really a lessor priced hunt? I thought the original booked hunter was out his deposit and the next hunter was getting that portion discounted from a normal full priced hunt. I suppose it can work any number of ways including everybody pays the same, it’s just a terminology thing that gets another booking.

20-Jan-19
I wouldn’t always discredit an outfitter that offers cancellation hunts or discounted spots.Outfitting is a buisness with employees and overhead to cover.Outfitters that are primarily outfitters for a living have to pay bills to exist and empty spot cost money so often spots that are leftovers are discounted to elevate loses and does not imply a lesser hunt. As Rob mentioned cancellations can often be due to tragedy in a family the last thing I’d ever do is allow someone to contact that person to ease their curiosity. If the Outfitter has a good track record of service that’s all that matters and whether one person got a lesser price is irrelevant as long as everyone is treated the same. Next time your on vacation consider that 60% of the people there Probably paid less than you but everyone still seems to have the same service. Waiting for last minute discounts can be a good strategy and also runs risk of missing out but don’t be deterred if a reputable outfitter offers a last minute deal it’s just Buisness not personal.

20-Jan-19
Why in the world would a discounted cancellation hunt and the outfitter offering a rebook for the cancelling hunter with a legit reason be mutually exclusive? In some ways it may pay to book that spot to cover over head. Also the person that takes the cancellation hunt is more likely to have added costs that come from traveling last minute vs having plans in place well ahead of times. And the fact that you might not actually get a hunt both warrant a discount isnt an unreasonable expectation. I think this is something that can work to benefit both outfitter and the hunter.

I think It pays if you have the flexibility to be a few lists with outfitters you would book without any hesitation or further vetting needed.

20-Jan-19
If I offer a $1000 last minute hunt does that make me a worse outfitter than the guy selling the same date for $2000 I’d say no maybe I’m just not that good at marketing or perhaps they tend shows where we don’t.multitude of factors to consider.One thing is true and continues to be is the demand for hunts is relative one guy takes 10 hunters per year vs the guy that takes 100 per year. Your putting too much emphasis on the outfitters finances and not enough on the product being offered! Worrying about the outfitters income or buisness strategy vs the end result likely has already set a hunter up for disappointment.personally I’d pass on any hunter that puts my finances ahead of my services.Outfitters provide an adventure not financial peace of mind.

20-Jan-19
As a bowsite sponsor I’m reluctant to offer any discounted openings due to the above perceptions,even though my outfit holds every major record for bear in this Provice and has taken more 21 inch bears than any outfit in the history of the province and more in the last 5 yrs than all the outfitters combined in the last 50yrs a discounted hunt is automatically considered a lesser hunt.All I can add to that is it’s a shame to miss out on somthing good because you take advice from people that don’t know what they are speaking about!Would you invest the same way?I doubt it very much.

20-Jan-19
Next time you fly ask the guy next

to you what he paid and tell him what you paid. One of you will be pissed. The plane will stil get you both to the same place at the same time safely.

20-Jan-19
exactly Bou.....and neither one of us will be treated like first class!

20-Jan-19
I apologize if it appears I was ranting and boasting,perhaps yes I was but in buisness your competition will never promote your record!My point is you can’t paint everyone with the same brush. The number one reason Outfitters keep raising prices is hunter expectations and competition for clientele that all costs money.As outfitters are more often than not required to purchase expensive booths and expensive advertising to fill camps vs good reputation and word of mouth someone will be paying for this.Remember there is no referral site or review ratings of clients so when your booking take a moment and realize the outfitter your speaking with is also taking a leap of faith on you the hunter not to cancel last minute or be a disturbance in camp etc .Most reputable Outfitters when they sit down at their board room table and answer to their investors it’s two children and a loving wife starring back not a room full of corporate executives!Just sayin.

20-Jan-19
Outfitters have a tough job and a short window of opportunity. This spring I will hit forty something Bear Hunts in the provinces. Over the years, it was a rarity for the outfitters I've been with not to have had at least one cancellation to deal with. Shit Happens...and the outfitter has to deal with it!

20-Jan-19
Grape my point is people will be treated the same from a quality service provider regardless

20-Jan-19
No argument there..

20-Jan-19

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
Want a hunt discounted only in price, not quality? Sign up on our website.

Late cancellations sometimes occur and we sell them for what we can get. Same hunt as everyone else. Or book one well ahead of time at full price and plan ahead, it’s up to you.

20-Jan-19
Personally if I could truly leave on short notice I would contact every outfitter I want to hunt with and let them know I'm looking for a discounted short notice hunt, especially a month or two before they start their season. A reputable outfitter is going to give a great hunt no matter what the hunter paid, we do.

20-Jan-19
Well said Mike

• Sitka Gear