Ermine 20-Jan-19
Ambush 20-Jan-19
ki-ke 20-Jan-19
kota-man 20-Jan-19
Hawkeye 20-Jan-19
ki-ke 20-Jan-19
3under 20-Jan-19
07-Jan-19
Any new info on the new Hoyt's that people have gotten?

07-Jan-19
I have had the RX3 Ultra for a few weeks now. My prior bow was the Carbon Element, I’m pretty sure the Ultra is a bit heavier (don’t buy one if your after a super light bow) I put an HHA optimizer king pin sight and it is absolutely the most accurate bow I have ever shot, seems a bit quieter than the Element. I will be Coues hunting with it in a few weeks and my confidence has never been higher.

07-Jan-19
I shot them. To me the RX3 is a big improvement over the RX1. Overall, this years line is nice and a marked improvement over last years line.

07-Jan-19
Heard nothing but good things about the Rx3’s. I’m shooting a RX1 ultra and love it

08-Jan-19
You’ll never go wrong with the latest Hoyt

08-Jan-19
Considering the prices they charge, do you guys buy a new bow each year? How long between purchases? I bought a Carbon Defiant Turbo two years ago, before that it was 8 years prior with the Carbon Matrix.

08-Jan-19
At least one a year. Sometimes more if I can’t choose which camo I like better (just kidding)

08-Jan-19
I have been a loyal Hoyt guy for 20 years at least. Following along with the thread about their release, and what Elkman was saying, I thought a new one would be a waste.

Pat's reviews on the new Matthews has me considering one. I hope more folks that purchased Hoyts will post here to help me decide. Thanks.

08-Jan-19
I'll be honest there's more there than initially meets the eye. The new RX3 line is awesome. (I'm still not shooting one) But they made huge leaps forward in how quiet they are, and some tune characteristics. They hold as good or better than the RX1 line and that's saying something. It is their best carbon to date for sure.

08-Jan-19
Here's the most thorough review I've seen so far:

RX-3 review thread

08-Jan-19
nothing is better than my Carbo Spyder 34,,,, shot new ones at the shop, still like my 34 better,,,,,,,,,,,, I do like Hoyt...... shot some Matthews but gave them up, after I shot the Spyder..................

08-Jan-19
Carbon element and carbon defiant are really solid options

08-Jan-19
2 years ago all we heard was how the carbon defiant was such an amazing bow and better than the previous year.

Last year all we heard was how the rx-1 was such an amazing bow and so much better than the carbon defiant, which people finally admitted wasn’t that great.

This year it’s the same story. The rx-3 is so amazing and so much better than the previous bow.

Either hoyt is making some amazing advancements every year or guys really want to justify their 1500 dollar purchase!

08-Jan-19
John, it is all marketing and alternative facts. I find it amusing when guys have to buy the newest latest and greatest bow every year, and some of them admit they like and shoot last years bow better. But they still shoot the new one, can't be seen with last years inferior product.

09-Jan-19
we owe animals respect and killing them with old equipment is disrespectful. They deserve the very best.

09-Jan-19
Bou.....lol....!

09-Jan-19
I really like my RX1 Ultra-looking forward to spending some years behind it.

I have more important purchases ahead-getting back into a pair of Swaro's, maybe a Kifaru Sawtooth and saving up for a hunt out West next year.

09-Jan-19
Thanks sticksender.

12-Jan-19
So what everyone is saying is that my 06 Hoyt Trykon is outdated and there is something better ? ! !

12-Jan-19
TRYKON! ... I had one. Hoyt’s answer to Ford’s Edsel

12-Jan-19
I have shot a Hoyt Faktor since 2014. Still like it and am not looking at dropping close to two grand with a new loaded bow.

13-Jan-19
If you are still shooting a Trykon? (Hoyt's one bad bow ever) You should DEFINITELY upgrade immediately.

13-Jan-19
Blood Trail +1 I also have the 34,,,, have not shot anything better since and I go to my archery shop all the time, and shoot what comes in

13-Jan-19
Elkman,

Why are you not shooting for Hoyt. Are you shooting for another bow company, and if so, which one. Thanks.

13-Jan-19
I'm always interested in hearing what the new owners think of their latest Hoyt's. I've been shooting exclusively Hoyt bows for 15 years or so, and I've never had an issue with any of them (at least none that weren't caused by baggage handlers...). They have priced me out of the market with their newest high-end bows, however, so I have to live vicariously through the rest of you! Once I started shooting one of their carbon bows, I've found it vary difficult to want to go back to anything else. Since I have some premium hunts scheduled this year, I'll probably try to pick-up a used RX-1 before my spring hunts begin. But, I'll have to find a good deal on one in the used bow market, or I'll just keep shooting my Carbon Matrix for another year. I'm hoping to pick one up at a good price from one of the Hoyt sponsored shooters soon, once he starts shooting the RX-3.

14-Jan-19
Stick I'm with you...I'm sticking (no pun intended) with my Matrix...

15-Jan-19
Habitat- Like I've always said: "I choose what I represent, not the other way around". I won't promote ANY product I don't believe in. I spend far to much of my time, and resources pursuing my passion in the mountains to have some less than piece of equipment cost me an experience, or success. I hunt public land so opportunities are a lot of times one and done.

19-Jan-19
Hoyts and Matthews are popular. I saw that Xpedition makes a great new bow. I think they are made in Iowa.

19-Jan-19
Xpedition bows, Decorah, IA

19-Jan-19
Stickflicker- yea I’m a Hoyt guy too. Been shooting them for a long time. With that said I can’t afford to buy new so I always buy “used”. You can find some great deals on bows that are considered used but pretty much new!! That’s the way I roll.

19-Jan-19
All bows are used after the first shot is taken

19-Jan-19
I'm still shooting an aluminum Spyder 34 for deer and antelope and an aluminum Spyder Turbo for elk. They tuned easily for me and drive tacks. I can't justify updating yet. Anyone here have any experience with the Ray Knight cable slide conversion for the Spyder's? Just curious if it helped or not ? Thanks

19-Jan-19
"Sell those hoyt junk kids bows n shoot a prime"

Are you like twelve years old or something? Hopefully you won't be so insecure after your balls drop. How many branch antlered bucks or bulls have you killed with your "man's" bow?

19-Jan-19
Ambush, this is where the recently proposed ‘like’ button would be handy.

19-Jan-19
The Carbon Defiant are still an excellent bow if you didn't get a lemon. I have the 3.0 cam and it looks like this was the winner for the Defiant. Shoots lights out very little hand shock. I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

19-Jan-19
You see primetime, a branched antlered deer is different from the one in your pic in two ways. It has antlers and they are branched.

Perhaps you should change your name to "Button Buck". More describing you than the only deer you have shot with your man's bow.

19-Jan-19
Well, we know for sure you don't (can't) eat horns.

I think your yeast infection is making you irritable and defensive. Get it treated.

19-Jan-19
What is a branch antler buck? Sounds like a Mule Deer.

19-Jan-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Prime time - lol

I’ll shoot them when they put yokes on them. I tried a prime m...damn thing wouldnt tune. Couldn’t get it to bareshaft tune. Also didn’t care for the loud metal twang it had. I’ll stick with Hoyt’s

I like the tune ability of the Hoyts. They tune easy! Also like the carbon feel!

Here is one I killed with a Hoyt ??

19-Jan-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Here is another one killed with a “child’s” bow.

20-Jan-19
awesome kills guys

20-Jan-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Another one taken with a child's bow... "Primetime" is more like:"I can't get any closer to a doe than 72 yards time"...LMAO!

20-Jan-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Another Hoyt kill

20-Jan-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Whitetail I killed on the ground at 17 yards! Shot was right thru the heart using a “child’s” bow!

20-Jan-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Took this Bighorn on a tough hunt using a Hoyt carbon defiant. Got to love the Hoyt carbon bows when in the backcountry!

20-Jan-19
Primetime, it's possible you're a nice guy and you're just woefully under gunned while trying to find your place. Maybe just wait a week, re-register under a new name and don't be such an immature dink.

20-Jan-19
"Hopefully you won't be so insecure after your balls drop"

Ambush, I believe this may be wishful thinking, as I believe your "yeast infection" assessment is spot on. This guy is a professional douche nozzle who isn't worthy of your thoughts.

If he DOES indeed, possess something resembling man parts, I have to admit it would be fun to meet him face to face and analyze the difference between the in person discussion and his behind the keyboard BS.

20-Jan-19
And “poof” he gone! :). Well, I ended up ordering the new RX3 Ultra. Shot a bunch of ‘18 bows again the other day and can’t get the RX3 Ultra off my mind. Congrats on the Ram Ermine. That is awesome.

20-Jan-19
Impressive animals and ram Ermine! Very nice:)

20-Jan-19
Nice.......

20-Jan-19
Primetime???

• Sitka Gear