Shug 08-Jan-19
Iowabowhunter 09-Jan-19
Kurt 09-Jan-19
Nick Muche 09-Jan-19
Shug 09-Jan-19
Kurt 09-Jan-19
Nick Muche 09-Jan-19
08-Jan-19
Maybe I can get an answer here tonight rather than waiting to call BG tomorrow and asking.

Does anyone know the difference between the Pure driven 75 single pin compared to the Ascent Verdict single pin?

Thanks

08-Jan-19
The Ascent Series is a couple ounces lighter I believe. Pure series is a heavier aluminum. Beyond that I don't know what the difference is.

08-Jan-19
Thank you

09-Jan-19
I believe the Pure series may be micro adjust, whereas the Ascent isn't, but don't quote me on that.

I've had the Ascent series, both single pin up to a 5 pin setup and have been pleased with all of them. Going to be ordering one for my RX1 in fact.

09-Jan-19
Lots of comparable models in each line. My take is The pure is a different alloy and is designed a bit sturdier. I haven’t had issues with the Ascent and just bought the even lighter Whitetail. Bet you would be happy with any of them compared to the old sheet metal crude stuff you likely used when you were young! Good luck hunting Mark. Kurt

09-Jan-19
Kurt, I see that the Whitetail sight doesn't allow for 3rd Axis leveling, says only 1st & 2nd. Do you see any issues with not being able to do that? Especially for bowhunting in the mountains?

09-Jan-19
Thanks a bunch guys...

09-Jan-19
Nick, so far no issues on the Prime Rival with the Whitetail. I have a steep mountain behind the house and shot a few shots downhill (in the wind) out to 60 yards a few days ago. Shot good but will shim it if required with more shooting out to 80 yards corrected range when the weather is better. Just wanted to get it dialed in for AZ Coues next week. I only hunt the little buggars out to about 30 yds from blinds or stands.

I like my sight to sit close to the riser. (Less vulnerable to damage in my opinion). The whitetail base gets it in a bit closer than the 4” dovetail does and I lost 3 ounces off the bow. The shorter adjustment wheel shank (axle) is also an improvement in my eyes.

Kurt

09-Jan-19
I’m in need of a new sight and looked at it for awhile today. Think I might get one too. I also like the housing close to the bow and it’ll be much lighter than my current sight. Thanks!

• Sitka Gear