White Falcon 09-Jan-19
t-roy 09-Jan-19
JL 10-Jan-19
Single bevel 10-Jan-19
Single bevel 10-Jan-19
OFFHNTN 11-Jan-19
sportoutfitter 12-Jan-19
09-Jan-19
Looking for some information. Had a good friend find 4 deer on a PA property he hunts. No signs of any problem or hunter etc. Just dead. Heard of 20+ found dead around Dauphin. Does anyone have additional information on what might be going on.

09-Jan-19
I found a big buck last winter on my land. I checked his gut, full of bread. Someone fed him bread. Deer cannot digest glutin.

09-Jan-19
Isn’t gluten in several grains, they eat wheat all the time.

09-Jan-19
Feeding them corn in the dead of winter can and will kill them also.

09-Jan-19
Good to report it and get it on the news. Get the word out that feeding/baiting helps nothing and no one.

09-Jan-19
What part is he from ?? Well Im from SE Pa and are area had a huge outbreak of EHD this summer . I got a call from a neighbor asking if a found any dead deer . The next day a took a walk along a creek that stretches the hole length of my farm , Ended up finding 12 dear deer thats on 80 acres. At the end of August between my farm and the two neighboring farm we lost 40+ DEER .

09-Jan-19
I believe that area your talking about was confirmed ehd

09-Jan-19
Area they are talking about is in and around Carsonville. Northeast of Harrisburg.

09-Jan-19
Could be tainted water if you have a stream on your property

09-Jan-19
Have you contacted Ted Nugget?

09-Jan-19
Deer eat corn here all winter. Some fields are left standing and others picked which leaves corn everywhere. Never heard of one dying from it.

09-Jan-19
The issue of corn is real, but related to the acuteness and volume of consumption. Limited amounts and as part of a regular consumption not so bad.

09-Jan-19
Some corn can get Antitoxins.

09-Jan-19
Aflatoxins.

10-Jan-19
"The issue of corn is real, but related to the acuteness and volume of consumption. Limited amounts and as part of a regular consumption not so bad."

I have read that too....there seems to be some truth and some myth out there about corn consumption by deer.

10-Jan-19

Single bevel's embedded Photo
Check the hooves. If it's chronic EHD the hooves will be deformed. Acute EHD kills quickly so hooves won't have time to deform. This buck in the 1st pic actually lost his toes from EHD. He lived for a few years here. Then disappeared. The buck in the 2nd pic was hideous. Chronic EHD and mange.

10-Jan-19

Here's another hoof from a dead doe that had chronic EHD. I've found several of them here in SW PA over the last several years.

11-Jan-19
It's not corn. Deer eat it all the time, year round, and in some years rely on it to survive. Problems can arise when there stomachs and digestive system have "switched" over to browse later in the season and then suddenly gets introduced to a large amount of corn (or other feed) and the gorge themselves with something their bodies aren't used to.

12-Jan-19

sportoutfitter's embedded Photo
We had it here last year. Does a number on them.

• Sitka Gear